SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Region 21

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye upsets Frontier (5-0) 28-26

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

With the win against Magnolia, WV tonight, Monroe Central should cruise through the rest of their regular season schedule and is almost guaranteed to be around in Week 11. The Seminoles are getting to be a near-automatic bet to make it in this region.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley 48
Waverly 14

Centerburg 17
Highland 00

Fredricktown 41
East Knox 7

Ridgewood 30
TCC 14

Grandview Heights 41
London 00

Heath 17
Newark Catholic 16

Ready 41
Marion H 7

CN2
Freshman Team

Post by CN2 »

EasternDspy wrote:Fort Frye upsets Frontier (5-0) 28-26

That's not an upset. It's two bad teams. One had to win.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye is going to win 7 games. Also Frontier can compete with most of region 25 minus the top 6 schools.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Big night for Oak Hill with Peake, Rock Hill and Wellston all getting wins

hammer89
Freshman Team

Post by hammer89 »

Some big games this week for sure. Fredericktown/Centerburg, Valley/West, Ready/Loudonville. Think Ready needs to pull the upset or there will be no week 11 for them.

After this past weekends games looks like a logjam from the 3 to 8 spots with only a little over 1.5 points separating them.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

hammer89 wrote:Some big games this week for sure. Fredericktown/Centerburg, Valley/West, Ready/Loudonville. Think Ready needs to pull the upset or there will be no week 11 for them.

After this past weekends games looks like a logjam from the 3 to 8 spots with only a little over 1.5 points separating them.

A big week for sure.

I agree that Ready is in a must win game.

I think the Fredricktown/Centerburg winner pretty much wraps up a home game.

It looks like Belpre and Fort Frye are going to try and make things interesting for some of the possible 7-8 seed teams. I don't know much about either team, but by looking at each's body of work, I don't think any of the top seeds would be real upset if Belpre or Fort Frye sneak in and knock out a Ready.

We are going to find out about Grandview Heights over the next 3 weeks. Whitehall looks to be playing pretty well and it looks like West Jeff has righted the ship. The win over Minford is losing a little of its shine. Could the Bobcats fall apart?

As mentioned, Oak Hill got some nice help and they are not losing again. I think the Oaks are in the playoffs barring a large upset.

Ridgewood jumped what looks like their final hurdle to 9-1. Barring a loss, I think the Generals are in.

Monroe Central survived. They have 3 terrible and 1 not so good team left on the schedule. The Noles are going 8-2 and playing in week 11.

Nelsonville put away Meigs late and now they should be in pretty good shape to finish 7-3 and be in the playoffs.

Coal Grove got a win from Finneytown but that will probably be their last. Coal Grove is going to win out, but the really need Meigs and Waverly to get to 4 and 5 wins, respectively.

tiger_pound_mom
Waterboy

Post by tiger_pound_mom »

Loudonville has only played 1 team with a winning record albeit a very impressive win over Hillsdale. I would have to agree, Ready's homecoming game this week is a must win. A win would change the discussion from "will they make the playoffs" to "does Ready host".

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

BishopReadyFootball wrote:Loudonville has only played 1 team with a winning record albeit a very impressive win over Hillsdale. I would have to agree, Ready's homecoming game this week is a must win. A win would change the discussion from "will they make the playoffs" to "does Ready host".
Point taken, but Logan is a good football team. They are 3-3 with close losses to a 4-2 D1 and a 4-2 D2 team. That said, they didn't even compete with Loudenville. It was never a game. Ready also has only played one team with a winning record and they were blown off the field.

Ready is a strong program and I will never count them out, but I think they have a huge uphill climb this week.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Crabs brother said:
"It looks like Belpre and Fort Frye are going to try and make things interesting for some of the possible 7-8 seed teams. I don't know much about either team, but by looking at each's body of work, I don't think any of the top seeds would be real upset if Belpre or Fort Frye sneak in and knock out a Ready."

Belpre could possibly finish 8-2 with 3 remaining TVC games that they should win and 1 out of state game against Parkersburg Catholic.Don't know how good Catholic is because they don't seem to play too tough of a schedule. Can't see Belpre getting too many points from the remaining TVC schools and don't know how points are gained from out of state schools.We just have to win and hope for the best.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Drew's latest update is now showing Ready as out.

tiger_pound_mom
Waterboy

Post by tiger_pound_mom »

Region 21 has one of the Top 10 games in the state this Friday according to Pasteur ranking Ready v. Loudonville as the biggest game in Central Ohio.

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

Fantastic50 projections:

Region 21 Projections
1) Valley (Lucasville) (9-1) 22.40
2) Fredericktown (9-1) 19.35
3) Grandview Heights (Columbus) (7-3) 16.08
4) Monroe Central (Woodsfield) (8-2) 15.85
5) Oak Hill (8-2) 15.62
6) Centerburg (8-2) 15.60
7) Ridgewood (West Lafayette) (9-1) 15.25
8) Nelsonville-York (Nelsonville) (7-3) 14.95

tightest region i have ever seen 3rd to 8th is about 1.1 points seperated

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

lineman7 wrote:Fantastic50 projections:

Region 21 Projections
1) Valley (Lucasville) (9-1) 22.40
2) Fredericktown (9-1) 19.35
3) Grandview Heights (Columbus) (7-3) 16.08
4) Monroe Central (Woodsfield) (8-2) 15.85
5) Oak Hill (8-2) 15.62
6) Centerburg (8-2) 15.60
7) Ridgewood (West Lafayette) (9-1) 15.25
8) Nelsonville-York (Nelsonville) (7-3) 14.95

tightest region i have ever seen 3rd to 8th is about 1.1 points seperated
Very solid region! Will be some good football played here!

INDIAN58
Waterboy

Post by INDIAN58 »

Glad I found this site. As a Centerburg supporter, it's good to see an active forum about a region I follow closely. Reading through the history of this topic the insight from the members is great.

As everyone knows it's a defining week for some of the playoff contenders in the central Ohio portion of region 21, Ready will have their hands full with a very tough Loudonville team. Centerburg played Loudonville the season before last, when they(Loudonville) were just beginning to turn the corner. If memory serves me correctly, Loudonville should be senior heavy this year.

Fredericktown travels to Centerburg Friday as well. All indications are the Freddies are supposed to be "the team" in the area. They are expected to not only make the playoffs, but make a deep run, whelp this Friday night they'll have an opportunity to earn the adulation. Expecting a real dog fight between these two rivals as the victor should essentially secure the conference title and a week 11 home playoff game.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

dses wrote:Glad I found this site. As a Centerburg supporter, it's good to see an active forum about a region I follow closely. Reading through the history of this topic the insight from the members is great.

As everyone knows it's a defining week for some of the playoff contenders in the central Ohio portion of region 21, Ready will have their hands full with a very tough Loudonville team. Centerburg played Loudonville the season before last, when they(Loudonville) were just beginning to turn the corner. If memory serves me correctly, Loudonville should be senior heavy this year.

Fredericktown travels to Centerburg Friday as well. All indications are the Freddies are supposed to be "the team" in the area. They are expected to not only make the playoffs, but make a deep run, whelp this Friday night they'll have an opportunity to earn the adulation. Expecting a real dog fight between these two rivals as the victor should essentially secure the conference title and a week 11 home playoff game.
Always good to add a poster from some of the teams that are in the Region. We now have posters from Ready, Centerburg, Monroe Central, and Ridgewood. Should make playoff time more interesting. :122245

Good luck to your Trojans this week. My numbers basically say this one is a play-in game for a top 4 seed. PM me if you would like to get in our game update group text.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

dses wrote: As everyone knows it's a defining week for some of the playoff contenders in the central Ohio portion of region 21, Ready will have their hands full with a very tough Loudonville team. Centerburg played Loudonville the season before last, when they(Loudonville) were just beginning to turn the corner. If memory serves me correctly, Loudonville should be senior heavy this year.

You're correct - Loudonville is very senior heavy.

5 senior starters on offense (plus the next two contributors are seniors). Incl. QB, RB, 2 WRs

8 senior starters on defense.

Return to “Football”