Portsmouth(0) @ (23)Gallian

Noitall
JV Team

Re: WK3 (1-1) Portsmouth @ (2-0) Gallian

Post by Noitall »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:53 am
The Oaf wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:36 pm
Mad-Dogg wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:11 pm What I think it funny on scheduling this game is ports drops the burg and then picks up a team 3 hrs away for a one yr deal. Kinda crazy if u ask me
Why? :?:
why do i think it's funny. the last time they beat us was the last time we played at spartan. they drop us and then they pick up a team almost 3 hrs away
Why would you of all people care? You was always on here saying burg should drop Portsmouth, and now that Portsmouth did what YOU wanted now you get on here and whine about it everyone knows you are a Portsmouth hater,maybe you should wish for Portsmouth to drop you in basketball to since burg has struggled to beat p town force few years

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Noitall wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:56 am
Mad-Dogg wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:53 am
The Oaf wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:36 pm

Why? :?:
why do i think it's funny. the last time they beat us was the last time we played at spartan. they drop us and then they pick up a team almost 3 hrs away
Why would you of all people care? You was always on here saying burg should drop Portsmouth, and now that Portsmouth did what YOU wanted now you get on here and whine about it everyone knows you are a Portsmouth hater,maybe you should wish for Portsmouth to drop you in basketball to since burg has struggled to beat p town force few years
That's exactly what I'm implying! 8-)

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I have NEVER been in favor of dropping Wheelersburg in football......it's just one game on the schedule, and a team can make the playoffs with a 7-3 record, maybe 6-4. It's not like the Burg is two divisions larger than us. They are Division 5, just like us. Portsmouth football has not been downtrodden for the past decade because of Wheelersburg. There are a number of other factors that have resulted in a 30-60 record the past 9 seasons. Only 9 of those losses were to the Pirates. The math says that the other 51 losses were to a lot of other teams.

When I lettered in golf and track at PHS, I competed against AAA competition and took my share of whippings. But I enjoyed the competition which spurred me on to WORK HARDER. I ran my best 2 mile time at the very last meet at the AAA sectional at Lancaster. As an athletic program back then, Portsmouth High School NEVER ran from competition. We were in the Greater Ohio League (Middletown, Lima, Springfield South, Hamilton.....all large AAA schools) in football, basketball, and baseball, and most of the time were on the short end of the scoreboard.......but we were proud because WE COMPETED and never ran away from competition. Our non-conference schedule was probably the toughest in all of Southeastern Ohio, including Ironton and Chillicothe.

Remember, Wheelersburg alone is not the reason for the decade long demise of Portsmouth football. Some would want you to believe that as an excuse to run from competition. Here's the solution which has been tried by fire forever and it still works today.......WORK HARDER TO GET BETTER!!

GO TROJANS!!!
Last edited by trojandave on Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:59 am, edited 5 times in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

good luck Trojans.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

Don't know much about Gallian. But it's going to be tough for the Trojans if Taylan Parker isn't playing. What's the word on his health?

falcons4life
Riding the Bench

Post by falcons4life »

I hope that Portsmouth is able to make the long trip up north and bring home the victory back to southern Ohio.
If the Trojans play the type of game that they are capable of there is a very good chance that they can win!

OldBlue
Freshman Team

Post by OldBlue »

I still for the life of me can't figure out why Mad Pup is on a Portsmouth thread concerned about the Trojans? Get ready for your road trip.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

The team name is Galion.

If Portsmouth controls the ball and the TOP I think they can get win #2.

Any word on when Parker will play again?

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Word was 3 to 4 weeks ,some one told me today he heard 4 ,so he will miss two more games after this week

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Any score update?

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
14U
S

Post by 14U »

Galion 9
Phs 0

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

tough loss

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

It's sad that portsmouth drops the burg and both end up with long drives for their wk 3 games. Hopefully sometime in the near future the series is renewed. This is the first time since the early 90s that i can't remember the two playing.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best

Return to “Football”