Portsmouth West @ Liberty Union

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Portsmouth West @ Liberty Union

Post by BigBlueNation »

What your thoughts on this one. With the Johnsons at West now this one could get interesting.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Portsmouth West @ Liberty Union

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

The Lions sure are not Newark Catholic or Portsmouth, they are a way better bunch.

Lions 35-13.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Liberty Inion deserves to win this one! No disrespect intended jmo.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Going to be a tall order for West to go up there and win. However, there's going to be plenty of incentive for all parties involved in this one. Spectacle alert! :lol: :lol: :lol:

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Don't know what will happen, but props to West for not being afraid to play some real programs in nonconference*

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

art_vandelay wrote:Don't know what will happen, but props to West for not being afraid to play some real programs in nonconference*

My sentiments exactly.

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

I'm asking for a friend since this actually seems like a quick medium to get information: where is this game being played? And I'm not looking for a half-cocked answer of "it's at LU dummy read the title". LU's field is in seriously bad condition and it will be in worse condition if it rains later this week. Can someone who has any info or can get info from the appropriate sources in the West camp make a mention if this issue has been presented and if there are any contingency plans as to where it'll be played if it can't be played at LU?

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

The FC Fan wrote:I'm asking for a friend since this actually seems like a quick medium to get information: where is this game being played? And I'm not looking for a half-cocked answer of "it's at LU dummy read the title". LU's field is in seriously bad condition and it will be in worse condition if it rains later this week. Can someone who has any info or can get info from the appropriate sources in the West camp make a mention if this issue has been presented and if there are any contingency plans as to where it'll be played if it can't be played at LU?
I have not heard of the game being played anywhere else. I'm sure if it will be moved it will be posted.

Jim Mora
Freshman Team

Post by Jim Mora »

The game will be played at Herrmann Field.
Last edited by Jim Mora on Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

local superstar
All State

Where is Hermann Field? Good Luck West since you are representing Southern Ohio.

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

local superstar wrote:Where is Hermann Field? Good Luck West since you are representing Southern Ohio.
Northeast Texas.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Good luck west represent the soc2 well!

local superstar
All State

Thanks. :lol: for the half cocked answer. ;-)

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Interesting to say the least. Advantage is definite with the 3 Johnson's. I would venture if the father Coach Johnson and the brother Thad were still at LU this would be a win for LU. But the West coaches know LU like the back of their hand and every players weakness. Also helps to be up against a 1st year coach and a late start.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

LU is tough. This game could go either way. To the winner goes a bunch of secondary points and really good positioning in Region 17.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

get er done siders

WestSideFan2002
Riding the Bench

Post by WestSideFan2002 »

The best defensive teams I watched West play against last year was Valley and LU, so I say this will be a low scoring game, and does LU still have that running back from last year, I believe he was number 20 ? And there quarterback was a tall athletic kid ? Are they gone ? But I see west with the new coaching staff going up and winning a hard nosed football game, I don't see LU beating what made LU and that is the Johnson's

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

WestSideFan2002 wrote:The best defensive teams I watched West play against last year was Valley and LU, so I say this will be a low scoring game, and does LU still have that running back from last year, I believe he was number 20 ? And there quarterback was a tall athletic kid ? Are they gone ? But I see west with the new coaching staff going up and winning a hard nosed football game, I don't see LU beating what made LU and that is the Johnson's
No the quarterback and running back graduated. But they have a bunch of seniors this year. Reading JJHuddle before the season they were expecting to be really good this year then drop off after that. They are a spread team now. They have dominated the first two games but I'm not sure the level of competition.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Liberty Union by 21

WestSideFan2002
Riding the Bench

Post by WestSideFan2002 »

I don't see LU being nears as athletic as West, maybe bigger but not better
West 20 Lu 14

Return to “Football”