SOC 2 predictions?

D_Journey9
Freshman Team

SOC 2 predictions?

Post by D_Journey9 »

One week in the books whose everybody got win it this year? I know a lot of ppl will pick burg but it's still interesting conference every year

BurgGrad6
SE

Re: SOC 2 predictions?

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Way to early to make an educated guess on this but just for shi*s and giggles I say burg runs the table this year! West will be a thought contender with Minford and valley not far behind! Like I said still too early to make a real assessment about this topic!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

well if you put much faith in one of the daily times sports guys on another site he predicts in order west-valley-burg

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

I would like to see Waverly in there somewhere!

G&B from huddle
JV Team

Post by G&B from huddle »

Almost everyone in the conference proved they could put up some points. I think Burg and Minford both cracked 40, Valley had 41 and Waverly put up 34. West did play Newark Catholic tough to 7-0 game. I'd say this is as strong of SOC II as their has been top to bottom in some time.
I see it little hard for anyone to run the table.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

It hurts Valley that they have to go BACK to Burg again this year after winning there last year. Would have much rather had them at home. I think it's almost anyones conference right now.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

After 2 weeks. SOC 2 looks like it could start getting very interesting. Burg is looking like the frontrunner like always. West looks much improved and Valley looks to be getting better and more comfortable every week. Don't count Minford or Waverly out. Still a lot of football to play.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

"Burg is looking like the frontrunner like always."

I thought Valley was league champs the last three years? And Waverly, West and Minford had all won the league at least once in the last ten years?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

^^^^
I think he means that they are up front with a chance to win the SOC. Usually every year as he said.
Burg And valley seem like the two to beat at this moment.

Old Bulldog
Freshman Team

Post by Old Bulldog »

The Wheelersburg defense will be tested against Portsmouth but they look very sound in all facets so far. Still very early in the season though. Valley is very well coached and always in contention. Rolfe is an excellent QB but the inexperienced/undersized line could be an issue. West is the unknown with the new coaching staff. I'm not sure West has the skill players this year to win the league. Minford can bite but I don't think they'll win the conference. Waverly is improving but there're still Waaverrly. The new visitor's bleachers are definitely a welcome addition.
At this point in the season I'd say it's Burg's to lose.

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

Old Bulldog wrote:The Wheelersburg defense will be tested against Portsmouth but they look very sound in all facets so far. Still very early in the season though. Valley is very well coached and always in contention. Rolfe is an excellent QB but the inexperienced/undersized line could be an issue. West is the unknown with the new coaching staff. I'm not sure West has the skill players this year to win the league. Minford can bite but I don't think they'll win the conference. Waverly is improving but there're still Waaverrly. The new visitor's bleachers are definitely a welcome addition.
At this point in the season I'd say it's Burg's to lose.
Im not sure how you can call 6'3 215 6'2' 230 6'1 238 6'0 222 5'5 215 under sized ...except the 5'5 part ....coal grove had 6'7 300 + ...and we did fine against him ...its all how you use it

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

It's still pretty wide open...IMO. Valley being the 3X defending champion, and playing the way they are, you've gotta like thier chances. Burg is playing as good as anyone, and considered the odds on favorite to win it, but nothing motivates kids (West, Minford, Waverly) more than being "counted out". It'll be a fun conference season, but I think week 9 decides it.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

^^^^^^
That's pretty undersized to me but that doesn't make them uneffective. If they are strong they can be productive and showed they have. I believe week 9 will be crucial as well.

then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

Its Valley until someone takes it from them!

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

1. Wheelersburg 10-0 (Jackson is only test)
2. Waverly 8-2 (continuing to get better but way behind burg)
3. West 6-4 (not bad for a new coach new system)
4/5. Valley/Minford - All depends on which team packs it in week 10 after losing to the 3 W

Just how I see it at this point

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Not a bad prediction Spam. I like it.

Old Bulldog
Freshman Team

Post by Old Bulldog »

SPAMONY wrote:1. Wheelersburg 10-0 (Jackson is only test)
4/5. Valley/Minford - All depends on which team packs it in week 10 after losing to the 3 W

I like the Burg prediction. :122245
I will not give Waverly props until I see Jackson play. If Jackson is legit then I'd say Waverly is for real.
Will Waverly beat Valley? I personally don't think so. Will West beat Valley? Valley has had West's number over the years even before the current winning streak so I'll say probably not.
After Week 3:
1. Burg
2. Valley
3. West
4. Minford
5. Waverly

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Old Bulldog wrote:
SPAMONY wrote:1. Wheelersburg 10-0 (Jackson is only test)

I like the Burg prediction. :122245
I will not give Waverly props until I see Jackson play. If Jackson is legit then I'd say Waverly is for real.
Will Waverly beat Valley? I personally don't think so. Will West beat Valley? Valley has had West's number over the years even before the current winning streak so I'll say probably not.
After Week 3:
1. Burg
2. Valley
3. West
4. Minford
5. Waverly
This is how I see it after 3 weeks. This is pretty similar to how last year went after 3 weeks.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

And if youre gonna get Valley, better do it this year....ive heard they only have like 5 or 6 seniors?

If they get the 2 big boys back on the line...they have a shot at thier 4th straight SOC2 title.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

chicken_coop wrote:And if youre gonna get Valley, better do it this year....ive heard they only have like 5 or 6 seniors?

If they get the 2 big boys back on the line...they have a shot at thier 4th straight SOC2 title.
I agree. This is the year to get Valley if you want them ( IF YOU CAN ). Nexts years team has the potential to be one of Valleys best.

Return to “Football”