SOC 2 predictions?

N4da'score
Freshman Team

Re: SOC 2 predictions?

Post by N4da'score »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:Waverly is a dark horse and I see them winning 2 games. They beat Minford and West. It's between Burg and Valley. Week 9 will give you the Champion. Sorry for the Spoiler Alert. IMO Valley returns the long over due Crown back to Burg. They have had a good run and I am glad they had it. It's nice to see the entire SOCII chasing Valley. Only time will tell.
WTF was that crack about???????????? It's like we all stole your monthly check or something!!!!!!!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

N4da'score wrote: WTF was that crack about???????????? It's like we all stole your monthly check or something!!!!!!!
It's that Wheelersburg arrogance. It was in rare form last week. Choke on a little crow and back at it. Some have a hard time accepting that it isn't the 80s and 90s anymore. Plague has already spread as far as Ironton.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Westfan wrote:
N4da'score wrote: WTF was that crack about???????????? It's like we all stole your monthly check or something!!!!!!!
It's that Wheelersburg arrogance. It was in rare form last week. Choke on a little crow and back at it. Some have a hard time accepting that it isn't the 80s and 90s anymore. Plague has already spread as far as Ironton.
Arrogance? :lol: :lol: :lol: I can eat some crow fella's. That doesn't change the fact that Valley and Burg are the front runners. If I said it was between Burg and West you would have jumped on my bandwagon.

{quote]
WTF was that crack about???????????? It's like we all stole your monthly check or something!!!!!!![/quote]

Dude read it again with your head out of your arse. No one said anything about stealing. Everyone has been chasing Valley for 3 years and They have stepped up to the plate every year. GREAT! What I am sayin is that this year it is going to be Wheelersburg. If it were West then they would be returning it to them. Come on guys.

Arrogance has nothing to do with my statement. West is down again, Minford is Down again, Waverly is making a little noise, Valley is still unbeaten and Burg is a solid team. :122246 :122246

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

I don't think West will win the conference outright either. Their only chance is a 3 way tie IMO. However, I must ask. What are you basing your "west is down" comments on?

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

The Oaf wrote:I don't think West will win the conference outright either. Their only chance is a 3 way tie IMO. However, I must ask. What are you basing your "west is down" comments on?
They have not been the same team for about 3 years now. Especially last year. They are under another new coach with new schemes that every level of player is learning for the first time this year. Not saying they have no talent and will probably be one of, if not the best team in the SOCII the next few years. They just need more time to fully understand the new scheme's to know exactly what is to be done at any moment. You can only teach so much to a team week by week and when teams like Valley and Burg come to town, there are going to be all kinds of defensive fronts and blitz' thrown at the offense that will confuse everyone.

Does anyone have a West schedule with results and opp. Records.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

You can easily find that on Joeeitel.com my friend.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Got it Oaf. Thanks. Yea, I still agree with myself.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

I don't know why some think the burg is better this year than last years team? I mean come on, you had all the lineman on last year team, both Millers, Parsley and the Claxon kid. you also had this years QB on the team? How could they possibly be a better team this year than last years talent that is gone? I don't think they will take the SOC2 from Valley this year because that has been said for 3 years now with no wins. if they can't win with the team they had last year, AT HOME, I don't see them winning at Valley this year. All the SOC2 schools lost a lot of talent last year. Minford, West, Waverly and Valley could surprise each other.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

marshallman wrote:I don't know why some think the burg is better this year than last years team? I mean come on, you had all the lineman on last year team, both Millers, Parsley and the Claxon kid. you also had this years QB on the team? How could they possibly be a better team this year than last years talent that is gone? I don't think they will take the SOC2 from Valley this year because that has been said for 3 years now with no wins. if they can't win with the team they had last year, AT HOME, I don't see them winning at Valley this year. All the SOC2 schools lost a lot of talent last year. Minford, West, Waverly and Valley could surprise each other.
It's back at Burg again.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

does it matter? they won 2 of 3 years their?

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

NO, just letting you know HerdMan

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

just curious why is it at Burg again?

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

lineman7 wrote:just curious why is it at Burg again?
Schedule quirk from Northwest being moved to SOC I

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

And this is why I said "better get Valley this year" earlier...as next year they lose 5 seniors and have West and Wheelersburg at home.

I think the Waverly and West games are close, but Valley should win both.

Burg vs Valley in week 9 for the gold football.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

marshallman wrote:I don't know why some think the burg is better this year than last years team? I mean come on, you had all the lineman on last year team, both Millers, Parsley and the Claxon kid. you also had this years QB on the team? How could they possibly be a better team this year than last years talent that is gone? I don't think they will take the SOC2 from Valley this year because that has been said for 3 years now with no wins. if they can't win with the team they had last year, AT HOME, I don't see them winning at Valley this year. All the SOC2 schools lost a lot of talent last year. Minford, West, Waverly and Valley could surprise each other.
wont get into which team is better but this years team has a better D, a much better run game, better oline because they are all a year older and more experienced and more depth. This years team throws the ball ok but last years team was much better at the passing game, could score from anywhere on the feild at any time.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Jolly P(irate) wrote:
The Oaf wrote:I don't think West will win the conference outright either. Their only chance is a 3 way tie IMO. However, I must ask. What are you basing your "west is down" comments on?
They have not been the same team for about 3 years now. Especially last year. They are under another new coach with new schemes that every level of player is learning for the first time this year. Not saying they have no talent and will probably be one of, if not the best team in the SOCII the next few years. They just need more time to fully understand the new scheme's to know exactly what is to be done at any moment. You can only teach so much to a team week by week and when teams like Valley and Burg come to town, there are going to be all kinds of defensive fronts and blitz' thrown at the offense that will confuse everyone.

Portsmouth West 2014 Football

8/29 A Newark Catholic (3-2)
[6:21]
L 0-7
9/5 H Portsmouth (1-4)
[5:17]
W 42-39
9/12 A Liberty Union (4-1)
L 7-13
9/19 H Rock Hill (1-4)
W 42-6
9/26 H South Point (2-3)
W 41-0
10/3 A Minford (4-1)
[4:14]

10/10 H Valley (5-0)

10/17 A Waverly (2-3)

10/24 A Fairland (0-5)

10/31 H Wheelersburg (4-1)

Here you go but I think West was not that bad last year but I don't want to get into that. It looks like they have not beat a team with a winning record at this time.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

fbnut wrote:
wont get into which team is better but this years team has a better D, a much better run game, better oline because they are all a year older and more experienced and more depth. This years team throws the ball ok but last years team was much better at the passing game, could score from anywhere on the feild at any time.
That same line this year too. 8)

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

OSU 77 wrote:
Jolly P(irate) wrote:

8/29 A Newark Catholic (3-2)
L 0-7
9/5 H Portsmouth (1-4)
W 42-39
9/12 A Liberty Union (4-1)
L 7-13
9/19 H Rock Hill (1-4)
W 42-6
9/26 H South Point (2-3)
W 41-0
10/3 A Minford (4-1)
[4:14]

10/10 H Valley (5-0)

10/17 A Waverly (2-3)

10/24 A Fairland (0-5)

10/31 H Wheelersburg (4-1)

Here you go but I think West was not that bad last year but I don't want to get into that. It looks like they have not beat a team with a winning record at this time.
That will change come Friday night. No West wasn't bad athlete wise last year. They just lacked stable coaching. Too many chief's on the sideline I think. But that aside. I think next year is the year for West. They have the coaching they need for the athletes they have.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Jolly don't believe everything you read on here. And it aint that hard to coach a new system. Football aint science. West had a SOLID and OUTSTANDING coaching staff before this year.Definite not too many chiefs. No more on sideline than half the other teams out there.Go count Irontons. But that is history and we are behind our new coach.
To the SOC Burg is destined to win this year. No one will get within 2 touchdowns in the league.
West and Valley is a toss up. West having several 3 year starters and loads of experience. Valley having some great talent but young.
Waverly should be able to break the top 3 but I wont hold my breath.
1. Burg
2. West
3. Valley
4. Waverly
5. Minford

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Valley

Return to “Football”