Wk2 Gallia academy(0-1) vs Chesapeake(0-1)

bluedevil21
Waterboy

Wk2 Gallia academy(0-1) vs Chesapeake(0-1)

Post by bluedevil21 »

After losing to the bull dogs will Gallia be able to take win over Chesapeake or will Chesapeake after taking a big lose to the Oaks run all over the blue devils on their own home field. Should be interesting what are your thoughts on this game

rachel1219
Waterboy

Re: Wk2 Gallia academy(0-1) vs Chesapeake(0-1)

Post by rachel1219 »

Low scoring affair in this one.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

Gallia gets on track.

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

Easy win for the blue. Chesy is a bad team.

gobigblue12
Freshman Team

Post by gobigblue12 »

be a better test to see where the blue devils are. cant afford to lose kids to injury tho. be the big ? all year

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

Watched Chesapeake against Oak Hill. They were running triple option veer out of the gun and not running it very we'll They put the ball on the ground several times. Gallia Academy gets the win.

me22
Waterboy

Post by me22 »

The GA offense is still looking for an identity, the passing game is basically nonexistent. Need to find a way to distribute the ball to backs and receivers. Can't count on QB keepers to get the job done. If I am Chesapeake I sell out to stop the run, especially the QB keepers and make GA prove they can pass the ball. If GA can't get a win this week then I don't think they will get a win this year.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Gallia gets their first win of the season.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

GalliaGrad89 wrote:Easy win for the blue. Chesy is a bad team.
Wow. From what I hear and read so is GA. Ill take Chesy.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

Ugly win 13 - 12

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Two bad teams, Gallia comes out on top

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Gallipolis' speed wins this one

me22
Waterboy

Post by me22 »

noreply66 wrote:Gallipolis' speed wins this one
Gallia only has average speed and struggles to get the ball into the hands of the players with most speed. I don't know anything about Chesapeake but I have a hard time believing the are worse than Gallia. It's been 30+ years since a Gallia team has looked this bad IMHO.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

I think we should hold off before we call this the worst team in 30 years and that we kept the wrong coach. Most people have saw our starters on the field for a half against Wheelersburg and a half against Athens. Does anyone have much doubt that not only our both of these team playoff teams but our both probably no worse then regional final teams and i will be shocked if they are not playing into at least week 13. The last time gallia played as good as team as these two teams they were being schooled by Thurgoood Marshall. I don't think anyone thought this team was going to be nearly as good as that team 2 years ago so what did you really expect you would see so far? The playoff team from 2 years ago would of lost by 30 Friday night.

If you can give me honest answer to that question and base your response with that reality then we can have a realistic conversation about where this team is really at. considering from what i have scene so far. maybe we have one other team maybe two on our schedule at most that would not run into a running clock against Athens somewhere in the game we can base our season off of that.

I believe Gallia will win this game going away. Before the final whistle this game will have a running clock in Gallia academys favor. Not by half but sometime in 4th quarter gallia will be up by over 30. I know that is a lot to ask for a team that has not got on track yet. But we do not have much to compare them to yet. If we can't put a running clock on this team. then this may be our only win. because chesapeake looks to me like they are probably at least 3 touchdowns worse then anyone on our schedule.

I do have to say there are somethings that really bother me about this team especially offensively and if we can't put a running clock on this team it will be time to make some changes. If we are going to be a running team and feature the quarterback then let's go to the triple option or a offense that we can execute and feature that.

We will see come Friday but i think this score will be around 42 to 14. maybe 49 to 14. This team should be able to break some plays against this team and get some stops.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Don't know much about Belfry, Ky. but I would suspect that GAHS has played the best team on this years schedule. With that being said I will reserve judgement on The Blue Devils for at least one more week. I do think however that if our QB is not able to throw the ball effectively, at least some of the time, that it will be a very long season.

sballchck
Freshman Team

Post by sballchck »

It sounds like this game could end up in 0-0 tie.
Two teams who didn't look good last week.
Two teams who haven't faced each other on the grid iron in years, if ever.
It actually could be an entertaining game.

me22
Waterboy

Post by me22 »

kvnchambers wrote:I think we should hold off before we call this the worst team in 30 years and that we kept the wrong coach. Most people have saw our starters on the field for a half against Wheelersburg and a half against Athens. Does anyone have much doubt that not only our both of these team playoff teams but our both probably no worse then regional final teams and i will be shocked if they are not playing into at least week 13. The last time gallia played as good as team as these two teams they were being schooled by Thurgoood Marshall. I don't think anyone thought this team was going to be nearly as good as that team 2 years ago so what did you really expect you would see so far? The playoff team from 2 years ago would of lost by 30 Friday night.

If you can give me honest answer to that question and base your response with that reality then we can have a realistic conversation about where this team is really at. considering from what i have scene so far. maybe we have one other team maybe two on our schedule at most that would not run into a running clock against Athens somewhere in the game we can base our season off of that.

I believe Gallia will win this game going away. Before the final whistle this game will have a running clock in Gallia academys favor. Not by half but sometime in 4th quarter gallia will be up by over 30. I know that is a lot to ask for a team that has not got on track yet. But we do not have much to compare them to yet. If we can't put a running clock on this team. then this may be our only win. because chesapeake looks to me like they are probably at least 3 touchdowns worse then anyone on our schedule.

I do have to say there are somethings that really bother me about this team especially offensively and if we can't put a running clock on this team it will be time to make some changes. If we are going to be a running team and feature the quarterback then let's go to the triple option or a offense that we can execute and feature that.

We will see come Friday but i think this score will be around 42 to 14. maybe 49 to 14. This team should be able to break some plays against this team and get some stops.

If we should hold off judgment because Wheelersburg and Athens are such good teams then I could make an argument that beating a really weak Chesapeake team would not tell us much about this team either. I have no problem with coach Riffe, I have heard only good things about him. Hopefully he will be here long term and build a solid program. The coaching carousel that has gone on since coach Saunders retired has really hurt this program. This offense lacks continuity and they appear to be trying a little bit of everything trying to find something to hang their hat on. Too many boys who could be adding talent and depth to this team are choosing to do other things with their time. Got to get the kids excited about playing football again.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

I agree with the kids needed to get engaged with football again. But that will come if the coaching carousel ends. 3 coaches in 3years has destroyed that. we also have to remember we are still going through an adjustment with soccer. i do believe the kids that are seniors now is the first group of kids that could play from little kids all the way through high school as i believe this is just 6 year for junior high program.

Last year and a lot of things that went on behind the scenes really turned off a lot of kids. As a person i really liked coach Bart ok. But he was not the right coach for this team at that time. The totally different coaching styles from year to year and the lack of continuity really hurt. Also put that on the back of the way Coach Eddy left that turned a lot of kids off.

I really think we need to look at what is going on in the junior high program right now and get that thing figured out. Our numbers at that level seem okay but it has not transferred up. to next year kids coming out for high school. The freshmen and sophomore classes are almost non-existent.

Look this team might be horrible it may be the worst blue devil team in 30 years. i just don't think we know buy what we have scene so far. And your right beating this team Friday will not tell us a lot but it will begin to clear up the picture a little. Starting this week. we will play a team a little bit better one week to the next for 5 weeks straight. so it is my hope we can come in and set a good base and begin to improve each week as the competition improves each week.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I agree with kvnchambers on every point except that the boys were "turned off" by the way Coach Eddy left. If I understand it correctly he left due to family concerns, if so, why would that turn em off? I thought that Coach Eddy handled the situation with class and integrity.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

BD4L wrote:Gallia only has average speed and struggles to get the ball into the hands of the players with most speed. I don't know anything about Chesapeake but I have a hard time believing the are worse than Gallia. It's been 30+ years since a Gallia team has looked this bad IMHO.
I did not see the Athens-Gallia game, so I have no idea how the Blue Devils looked, but Athens is going to make a lot of above average to pretty good teams look bad.

Knowing Gallia Academy and their history and programs I may hold off on the "30-year" comment.

I think Gallia gets back on track this week, if not well then maybe....??

Return to “Football”