All State

River Valley vs South Gallia- Jamboree Game

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Anyone hear anything on game?

Rebelcat
All Conference

Re: River Valley vs South Gallia- Jamboree Game

Post by Rebelcat »

South Gallia won 8-7. Both teams score in first quarter. SG had 2 touchdowns called back because of penalties. RV had a pretty good running back that was injured in the first and did not return.

During 2nd half both teams agreed to play with a running clock. It was actually the most boring Jamboree game to date although it once again had a great crowd.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

Might be bottom dwellers

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

RV defense looked really good tonight. I bet SG didn't have more than 70-80 yds all night. Refs missed a lot of calls. RV dropped a couple of TD passes. SG will win 6-7 ball games this year. It looked liked RV took all the starters out at half time and SG maybe took out 3-4 starters as well. If RV can get their offense rolling they will win some ball games this year.

Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

Gallia grad didn't south gallia win? You sure you graduated from gallia and not river valley? You sound like an rv graduate. You blamed the officials for missing some calls. That's what everyone in that community does. It's never the players fault that they lost. I wish south gallia the best but they won't win 6 or 7. Their schedule is a killer.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

SOME PEOPLE DONT HAVE A CLUE

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

Prep Expert wrote:Gallia grad didn't south gallia win? You sure you graduated from gallia and not river valley? You sound like an rv graduate. You blamed the officials for missing some calls. That's what everyone in that community does. It's never the players fault that they lost. I wish south gallia the best but they won't win 6 or 7. Their schedule is a killer.
I have never seen a site that likes to bash every comment. All I did was post an observation from the game. Refs did missed calls on both sides. That's an observation not a blame. Lol

It's a scrimmage. RV pulled starters out at half and SG left in most starters for most of the game. Who cares about who won or lost. What are both teams records right now?

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

Prep Expert wrote:Gallia grad didn't south gallia win? You sure you graduated from gallia and not river valley? You sound like an rv graduate. You blamed the officials for missing some calls. That's what everyone in that community does. It's never the players fault that they lost. I wish south gallia the best but they won't win 6 or 7. Their schedule is a killer.
We must remember this is South Gallia's Superbowl! I'm glad to see after losing Hardway last year with a 22-8 lead and the great SG comeback to win a scrimmage. That RV coaches are treating it like a scrimmage, why put your season in jeopardy for a game that means nothing. Is anyone surprised that SG left their starters in after RV pulled the entire Varsity team. Yet SG never scored?? SG will prob win 4 games from what I saw last night. Stop the QB they have nothing.
Brutal Schedule? Where they have 4 road games!! There will be kind calls in 6 games! I thought RV was by far the most talented team last night. RV catches either TD pass this is a loss.

8/29Sciotoville - L
9/5at Fed Hock- T
9/12Trimble -L
9/19Symmes Valley -L
9/26at Eastern-W
10/3Belpre- L
10/10Waterford-?
10/17at Wahama -L
10/24at Southern- T
110/31Miller- W

Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

It's always funny how people from rv downplay things. Bad officiating, would of won if they wouldn't of dropped passes, and so on. There is a reason that they are the worst program in southeastern Ohio. It's called excuses and that's why they will never win. Make an excuse instead of making plays.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

RV will win 3 games at most. The TVC Ohio is tough this year. Alexander is the only team I think they can get. I do agree that it always seems like a pile of excuses from many RV folks every year. It's the same story over and over again.

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

Bevo wrote:
We must remember this is South Gallia's Superbowl! I'm glad to see after losing Hardway last year with a 22-8 lead and the great SG comeback to win a scrimmage. That RV coaches are treating it like a scrimmage, why put your season in jeopardy for a game that means nothing. Is anyone surprised that SG left their starters in after RV pulled the entire Varsity team. Yet SG never scored?? SG will prob win 4 games from what I saw last night. Stop the QB they have nothing.
Brutal Schedule? Where they have 4 road games!! There will be kind calls in 6 games! I thought RV was by far the most talented team last night. RV catches either TD pass this is a loss.

8/29Sciotoville - L
9/5at Fed Hock- T
9/12Trimble -L
9/19Symmes Valley -L
9/26at Eastern-W
10/3Belpre- L
10/10Waterford-?
10/17at Wahama -L
10/24at Southern- T
110/31Miller- W
South Gallia's Superbowl? That is hilarious. Does SG want to win the game? Absolutely. If you don't think RV wants to win the SG Jamboree game your kidding yourself. RV desperately needs it's players and fans to experience some success and slapping little brother around in the annual Jamboree games will help change the mentality as the season gets under way.

BTW, SG pulled their starters in the 2nd half as well so I am not sure what your talking about. When the backups were in SG controlled the play.

Lokking ahead to this season I think SG is a .500 team in the TVC and will finish 4-4. They only lose 5 players after this season and pretty much will return all their skill positions so next year I could see them winning more. Non conference schedule is tough with Symmes Valley and Sciotoville. The Sciotoville series has been very balanced. SG won last year but the 2 seem to alternate years winning so I guess it's Sciotoville's turn this year. Sadly SG could lead Gallia County schools in wins with 4 or 5.

Good luck to RV this year. Looking at its roster I think they only have 5 seniors on a roster of 36-40 kids which could signal better days are coming.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

RebelCat wrote:
Bevo wrote:

8/29Sciotoville - L
9/5at Fed Hock- T
9/12Trimble -L
9/19Symmes Valley -L
9/26at Eastern-W
10/3Belpre- L
10/10Waterford-?
10/17at Wahama -L
10/24at Southern- T
110/31Miller- W
South Gallia's Superbowl? That is hilarious. Does SG want to win the game? Absolutely. If you don't think RV wants to win the SG Jamboree game your kidding yourself. RV desperately needs it's players and fans to experience some success and slapping little brother around in the annual Jamboree games will help change the mentality as the season gets under way.

BTW, SG pulled their starters in the 2nd half as well so I am not sure what your talking about. When the backups were in SG controlled the play.

Lokking ahead to this season I think SG is a .500 team in the TVC and will finish 4-4. They only lose 5 players after this season and pretty much will return all their skill positions so next year I could see them winning more. Non conference schedule is tough with Symmes Valley and Sciotoville. The Sciotoville series has been very balanced. SG won last year but the 2 seem to alternate years winning so I guess it's Sciotoville's turn this year. Sadly SG could lead Gallia County schools in wins with 4 or 5.

Good luck to RV this year. Looking at its roster I think they only have 5 seniors on a roster of 36-40 kids which could signal better days are coming.
SG took 3 or 4 kids out of the scrimmage I was there unless you had duplicate players and numbers? The same kids played into the 4th qtr, I understand it because they have what 23 kids out? But why lie about it?
SG might win 4 games, I mean other than Wahama and Trimble the schedule is garbage. I heard some RV people saying that RV beat Symmes Valley by 4 or 5 TD's? So don't talk about that being a murderous schedule. Yes the Jamboree is SG's Superbowl, if not why so much talk about it? Please! Do you see any RV people on here talking about it? No just SG braggers and GA people trying to give accurate comments on what happened and SG homers trying to play it up like it was a great victory. Like I said RV coaches finally realized it's better to get out of this game un injured than to play 4qrts and have the starters banged up. Just smart!

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

BlizzardMan wrote:RV will win 3 games at most. The TVC Ohio is tough this year. Alexander is the only team I think they can get. I do agree that it always seems like a pile of excuses from many RV folks every year. It's the same story over and over again.
Once again some worthless info from a guy who is never right!

Thanks man

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

river valley is not 4 or 5 touchdowns better than anybody.

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

RV beat Symmes Valley by how many touchdowns? SG schedule is a solid SMALL school schedule. Sciotoville and Symmes Valley are regular playoff participants and Wahama, Trimble and Southern qualified for state playoffs last year. Belpre will be solid this year. Waterford is generally competitive. Fed Hock is D 6 and i am not sure what's in store for the Lancers. Miller has struggled and I am not sure where they stand in getting the Falcons turned around.

devilfan08
Freshman Team

Post by devilfan08 »

Bevo you run your mouth like a old woman, if your not bet its hard for you to hold on to one??? take a chill pill.you sound like a bitch, leave the schools alone. gong me I don't care. facts.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

When you attack the schedule you are attacking the TVC Hocking since 8 of the games are conference. Just a few questions, which conference in Southern Ohio has had football teams play for State Championships each of the past few years-TVC Hocking: 2011 Wahama, 2012 Wahama (WV Class A State Champs), Trimble 2013. Which conference over the past several years has had 2 to 3 teams in the football play offs-TVC Hocking. Last year if SG does not fumble ball in the red zone vs. Belpre four TVC schools are in the play offs. Which conference the past several years has been one of the last conference playing boy basketball-TVC Hocking. Which conference has won a girls state championship-TVC Hocking-Eastern this past March. Which conference normally has a team make a deep run in volleyball-TVC Hocking. Yea I know it is a group of small schools that some look down at. The communities get behind their young student athletes.

We honestly do not care what you say because we will just keep on going! Yes the Jamboree Game is a glorified scrimmage and maybe some day in the future it will become a regular season game. The TVC schedules will change again in 2018 and maybe the open dates can be arranged for both SG and RV and this can become the last game of the season.

I wish both River Valley and South Gallia success in football and all sports! I pull for RV in all their games except when they will be going vs. SG. Check my username and you will see I have had some ties to RV at one time or another.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Bevo wrote:
BlizzardMan wrote:RV will win 3 games at most. The TVC Ohio is tough this year. Alexander is the only team I think they can get. I do agree that it always seems like a pile of excuses from many RV folks every year. It's the same story over and over again.
Once again some worthless info from a guy who is never right!

Thanks man
Oh yeah, because I'm do far off base. Just stop. Nobody takes anything you put on here with merit.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

mtswngrvsg wrote:When you attack the schedule you are attacking the TVC Hocking since 8 of the games are conference. Just a few questions, which conference in Southern Ohio has had football teams play for State Championships each of the past few years-TVC Hocking: 2011 Wahama, 2012 Wahama (WV Class A State Champs), Trimble 2013. Which conference over the past several years has had 2 to 3 teams in the football play offs-TVC Hocking. Last year if SG does not fumble ball in the red zone vs. Belpre four TVC schools are in the play offs. Which conference the past several years has been one of the last conference playing boy basketball-TVC Hocking. Which conference has won a girls state championship-TVC Hocking-Eastern this past March. Which conference normally has a team make a deep run in volleyball-TVC Hocking. Yea I know it is a group of small schools that some look down at. The communities get behind their young student athletes.

We honestly do not care what you say because we will just keep on going! Yes the Jamboree Game is a glorified scrimmage and maybe some day in the future it will become a regular season game. The TVC schedules will change again in 2018 and maybe the open dates can be arranged for both SG and RV and this can become the last game of the season.

I wish both River Valley and South Gallia success in football and all sports! I pull for RV in all their games except when they will be going vs. SG. Check my username and you will see I have had some ties to RV at one time or another.
Boy, I rarely do this, but mtswngrvsg, that is a great post. You put things in proper perspective. Thank you!

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

mtswngrvsg wrote:When you attack the schedule you are attacking the TVC Hocking since 8 of the games are conference. Just a few questions, which conference in Southern Ohio has had football teams play for State Championships each of the past few years-TVC Hocking: 2011 Wahama, 2012 Wahama (WV Class A State Champs), Trimble 2013. Which conference over the past several years has had 2 to 3 teams in the football play offs-TVC Hocking. Last year if SG does not fumble ball in the red zone vs. Belpre four TVC schools are in the play offs. Which conference the past several years has been one of the last conference playing boy basketball-TVC Hocking. Which conference has won a girls state championship-TVC Hocking-Eastern this past March. Which conference normally has a team make a deep run in volleyball-TVC Hocking. Yea I know it is a group of small schools that some look down at. The communities get behind their young student athletes.

Well said by RV's first football coach.

Return to “Football”