River Valley vs South Gallia- Jamboree Game

Futurebkstar
All State

Re: River Valley vs South Gallia- Jamboree Game

Post by Futurebkstar »

I was at the RV/SV scrimmage. They didn't play it like a game. Each offense got 10 plays. RV never stopped SV. SV was inside the 10 almost every drive. SV was stopped only because they ran out of plays. They aren't a big play offense. They ground and pound 5 yards a play. RV passed the entire time and would been 3 and out several times but on the 7th play would get a big play. I'm not knocking RV but in a normal game. I guess SV by 4 touchdowns. The way SV controls T.O.P, RV might only have 4-5 possession let alone touchdowns. But I would have to say, RV is going in the right direction with Sparling.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

futurebkstar wrote:I was at the RV/SV scrimmage. They didn't play it like a game. Each offense got 10 plays. RV never stopped SV. SV was inside the 10 almost every drive. SV was stopped only because they ran out of plays. They aren't a big play offense. They ground and pound 5 yards a play. RV passed the entire time and would been 3 and out several times but on the 7th play would get a big play. I'm not knocking RV but in a normal game. I guess SV by 4 touchdowns. The way SV controls T.O.P, RV might only have 4-5 possession let alone touchdowns. But I would have to say, RV is going in the right direction with Sparling.
Coaching is not the problem at RV.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

BlizzardMan wrote:
mtswngrvsg wrote:When you attack the schedule you are attacking the TVC Hocking since 8 of the games are conference. Just a few questions, which conference in Southern Ohio has had football teams play for State Championships each of the past few years-TVC Hocking: 2011 Wahama, 2012 Wahama (WV Class A State Champs), Trimble 2013. Which conference over the past several years has had 2 to 3 teams in the football play offs-TVC Hocking. Last year if SG does not fumble ball in the red zone vs. Belpre four TVC schools are in the play offs. Which conference the past several years has been one of the last conference playing boy basketball-TVC Hocking. Which conference has won a girls state championship-TVC Hocking-Eastern this past March. Which conference normally has a team make a deep run in volleyball-TVC Hocking. Yea I know it is a group of small schools that some look down at. The communities get behind their young student athletes.

We honestly do not care what you say because we will just keep on going! Yes the Jamboree Game is a glorified scrimmage and maybe some day in the future it will become a regular season game. The TVC schedules will change again in 2018 and maybe the open dates can be arranged for both SG and RV and this can become the last game of the season.

I wish both River Valley and South Gallia success in football and all sports! I pull for RV in all their games except when they will be going vs. SG. Check my username and you will see I have had some ties to RV at one time or another.
Well said by RV's first football coach.
At least he types well........
What were the collective scores of all the TVC schools from the Hocking's playoff games excluding Trimble because they have been the exception to Southern Ohio Football the last 2 years and the scores show it.
Southern got beat 35-7 and in past years that has been the norm. When weak teams from weak conferences play and beat other weak teams and get into the playoffs they usually get massacred. What are the scores of every playoff game of schools from the hocking the last 10 yrs? Winning in the playoffs is an indication of success not beating weak teams to get there, or just being competitive in a playoff game shows success.
Last edited by bevo on Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jaterlove
Waterboy

Post by jaterlove »

I think both teams played well and no one was blown out the water. I do have to disagree to an extent that SG kept their starters in for the entire second half. I do think kept their starters in for part of the 3rd quarter in their normal play positions. I was under the impression that the JV portion of the game was going to occur during 4th quarter only, not the entire second half - but my understanding could be incorrect. I do think that some of the starters played different positions during the 4th quarter, i.e. a player who is a back-up quarterback may have started in the first half but not in the quarterback position. Another interesting thing was that RV's players switcher jerseys before the game. None of the players were wearing their original jersey numbers and those numbers/names did not match up to the roster provided. I'm sure there was a reason for that and was wondering if anyone in the know could enlighten me to satisfy my curiosity. And before anyone says anything let me stress the work "think" was used in the above - not the word "know." LOL.

I do want to wish both RV and SG an injury free and successful season. When not playing against each other, I, like many other people from Gallia County, root for both schools.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

BlizzardMan wrote:
futurebkstar wrote:I was at the RV/SV scrimmage. They didn't play it like a game. Each offense got 10 plays. RV never stopped SV. SV was inside the 10 almost every drive. SV was stopped only because they ran out of plays. They aren't a big play offense. They ground and pound 5 yards a play. RV passed the entire time and would been 3 and out several times but on the 7th play would get a big play. I'm not knocking RV but in a normal game. I guess SV by 4 touchdowns. The way SV controls T.O.P, RV might only have 4-5 possession let alone touchdowns. But I would have to say, RV is going in the right direction with Sparling.
I said nothing
Negative about coaching. Sparling does a good job. Read my post again. Lol

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Would expect nothing less from you Bevo. It does not matter what you think of me anyway. How do the vast majority of play-off runs end for teams from Southeastern Ohio? Check the scores even of some of the best teams out of the SEOAL?

As one former successful football coach from Southeastern Ohio said, "A team from Southeastern Ohio in the play-offs will win their way to an *** Kicking."

I have said enough
Last edited by MTSWNGRVSG on Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

futurebkstar wrote:
BlizzardMan wrote:
I said nothing
Negative about coaching. Sparling does a good job. Read my post again. Lol
I know. The point was I was agreeing with you.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

I too think Sparling does a good job and we must remember he was green when he took the job. He has coached long enough now to start getting some quality assistants in place and I think having Tipton doing the line coaching is a big step forward looked like the DL which IMHO has been RV's problem for years, actually looked good.
we will see.
He has always been able to score points against almost everyone but just never could stop anyone.

npeifer
Freshman Team

Post by npeifer »

Sounds like everyone is making way too much of a scrimmage to me, good luck to both county teams.

Return to “Football”