Gallia Academy @ Athens 8/29 week 1

The General
All State

Re: Gallia Academy @ Athens 8/29 week 1

Post by The General »

You probably need to quit barrowing Beeve.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

Bevo

by your standard i think this defense would already be an improvement over last year. That defense last year was horrible. My bright spots as far as defense was there were very few missed tackles. i counted 11 in the first half, but over half of those came from one player who came in after a starter had to leave the game. And that is a huge improvement over a year ago. Biggest problem i saw was when we won those line of scrimmage battles at positions we did not do so in control and ran ourselves out of plays. That comes from lack of experience. We won't play many more experienced lines then we played last night exception next week.

gobigblue12
Freshman Team

Post by gobigblue12 »

JMO --- a lot of 2 way guys so younger guys need to step up when in there and look for them to run a slow paced ball control offense.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

That is what i thought also. i was almost shocked at how fast we snapped the ball on offense Friday night. maybe they wanted to go up tempo like that to get ready for the Athens game. I am not sure. I think we also need to hand the ball off more over half of our plays were quarterback runs. i think that works in a passing attack but not in a run dominated offense. We will see and hope for the best.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

kvnchambers wrote:That is what i thought also. i was almost shocked at how fast we snapped the ball on offense Friday night. maybe they wanted to go up tempo like that to get ready for the Athens game. I am not sure. I think we also need to hand the ball off more over half of our plays were quarterback runs. i think that works in a passing attack but not in a run dominated offense. We will see and hope for the best.
The reason they snapped the ball in 15 sec every snap was the coaching staff has no clue what they are doing. They do that vs Athens and give the Bulldogs 10 extra plays in the game that prob means 14 points or more. Why hurry up to punt?

gobigblue12
Freshman Team

Post by gobigblue12 »

noticed those things to. look for referees hand everytime which means you have 5 secs. little things these new coaches need to do. head coaches responsiblity

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

I think this staff has clue and i think there was a reason we went Friday night. I was given a theory about it today and if they slow down next week i will believe it. if not then i will not understand. I call it a theory because i have no idea if the person who told me knows what he is talking about or not. But it had to do with starters only playing a half and they wanted to push them when Adrenalin was running in game situations and some other stuff but we will see. i see going up tempo if you have a team on their heels but not all the time with that many kids going both ways.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

last years game had 124 offensive snaps. i would think gallia would at least want to find a way to keep that under 100 this year. if there is 124 snaps they will put up at least 70

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Athens by at least 50

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

The bullpuppies will mercy rule the blue imps!

Bullpuppies 72

Blue Imps 14

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Not saying it will, but this could be one of the first games where we see the running clock rule put into play. It will be interesting to see the impact of that on some of the lopsided scores of recent years.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Who will give Athens a game this year? Not sure what zville returns from a great team. Stuebenville should be good, see how they do with all the distractions. Anyone else?

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

4th n Goal wrote:Not saying it will, but this could be one of the first games where we see the running clock rule put into play. It will be interesting to see the impact of that on some of the lopsided scores of recent years.
Gallia shouldn't feel bad because it will be the first running clock of many of Athens' games. 10 game regular season look for 7 or so to have a running clock at some point in the second half...Jackson would have had one last year as I believe it was 49-0 or so...so unfortunately Gallia Academy may be first of many to be on receiving end of a Bulldog running clock.

But then there is always next year, and as an old guy there is one thing I know for certain...the wheel does turn.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

My gosh guys, the way some people are talking you'd think the Denver Broncos were playing the little sisters of the poor or something. I like most think Athens is the favorite but, I think Gallia will make it a pretty good game for much longer most of you.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

A-Town Big Dog 2 wrote:My gosh guys, the way some people are talking you'd think the Denver Broncos were playing the little sisters of the poor or something. I like most think Athens is the favorite but, I think Gallia will make it a pretty good game for much longer most of you.
Yea okay!
Keep telling yourself that lol

Dogs put up 40 in the first half.

Dogs 56
Gallia 16

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

doubleplay643 wrote:
4th n Goal wrote:But then there is always next year, and as an old guy there is one thing I know for certain...the wheel does turn.
True - but that wheel was stuck in the wrong spot for Athens for about 20 or 25 years ... everyone keeps saying "we'll pay them back after Burrow graduates." ... for some reason folks forget about the 50-0 poundings Athens took for years.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

93Bulldog wrote:
doubleplay643 wrote:
4th n Goal wrote:But then there is always next year, and as an old guy there is one thing I know for certain...the wheel does turn.
True - but that wheel was stuck in the wrong spot for Athens for about 20 or 25 years ... everyone keeps saying "we'll pay them back after Burrow graduates." ... for some reason folks forget about the 50-0 poundings Athens took for years.

:lol: After watching your jv............

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

93Bulldog wrote:
doubleplay643 wrote:But then there is always next year, and as an old guy there is one thing I know for certain...the wheel does turn.
93, lol you got to remember one thing when you are the one getting drubbed (the "drubbie") no one is getting too upset except obviously those that follow that team; however, when you are the one doing the drubbing (the "drubber") you are making 10 teams and their fan bases upset and when you do that lol for 2-3 years well...guess what...everyone wants the wheel to turn faster lol.

It is great the Athens' community has enjoyed this success, honestly it is deserved and has been handled humbly and professionally. Good luck this season and in the play-offs I will tip my hat to the program.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

Athens hasn’t won at home against Gallia sense 87 when Adams was a soph.
I’m sure that streak will come to an end Friday.
Last edited by bengals01 on Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”