Gallia Academy @ Athens 8/29 week 1

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Gallia Academy @ Athens 8/29 week 1

Post by 93Bulldog »

Football fan wrote:Athens hasn’t won at home against Gallia sense 89 (I think it was 89) when Adams was a senior.
I’m sure that streak will come to an end Friday.
Shoulda won DJ's senior year at Athens!!!!

'The Fumble in the fog'

Fumble my ass

:mrgreen:

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Would have gotten Logan a share of the SEOAL title if your Bulldogs hadn't choked that one away....

(cough, cough)

:)

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

93Bulldog wrote:
Football fan wrote:Athens hasn’t won at home against Gallia sense 89 (I think it was 89) when Adams was a senior.
I’m sure that streak will come to an end Friday.
Shoulda won DJ's senior year at Athens!!!!

'The Fumble in the fog'

Fumble my booty

Heck 93, why ya always bring up the fog game???? Didn't the fumble happen in the first half? In the second Athens couldn't stop our running game, Mike Davis was unstoppable and we shut down your offense..... Next time you rent that fog machine wait till you get the lead before you turn it on, learn from your mistakes.....LOL.....

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The fumble, I mean dropped pass, was late in the game (late at night) when the fog rolled in.

But hey, I got three words for Gallia fans ... MIRACLE AT MEMORIAL!!!!

cghs82
JV Team

Post by cghs82 »

This is the kind of stuff that makes me wish Athens was back in the SEOAL lol and also to stay on topic, Athens blows out Gallia Academy at home by at least 35 points

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Game day prediction!

Blue Imps 14

Bullpuppies 66

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Dogs 72

Devils 14

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

According to scores thread Athens scored 20 pts in about 5 mins? Anybody expand on that?

swohio
Waterboy

Post by swohio »

One play 80 yd drives don't take very long. Seven 1st half TD drives and I don't remember any of them taking more than 5 plays.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

I think Athens longest drive of game has been 6 plays at least 2 1 play drives and 1 to play drive Gallia has fumbled into Athens end zone for a touch back. Gallia 1 interception inside own 20. Gallia has fumbled ball away 2 other times. When Gallia has made a defensive play and they haven't made many they have committed personal fouls after play or away from play to nullify the play

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

The Athens Bulldogs clicked on all cylinders tonight.

Joey Burrow had 4 TD Passes.
Ryan Luehrman had 2 TD Catches.
Zacciah Saltzman had a TD Catch and Run.
Adam Luehrman had a TD Catch tonight.

The Standout Offensive Player tonight was Trae Williams.
3 TD's Rushing, Over 150 Rushing. He showcased his agility and breakaway speed tonight. Also his maturity when something happened during the game when a Gallia Academy player did or said something offensive, he simply removed himself from the game before he reacted.
*SIDENOTE, I give a lot of Respect to Gallia Academy's Coach for bringing said player over at Half-Time to apologize.

Troy Stalder is the heart of the Bulldogs Defense, I said his name on almost every play.
Great to see Ryan Mack with an interception after missing the entire 2013 season.
Team will not be able to run up the middle of Athens Defense. The Line and Linebackers are stout.

Remember if you cannot attend a Game, all of the Home Games will be on the internet.
Athensbulldogs.org, click the ESPN button. Tonights Game is online.

About the Running Clock, it made the 2nd Half Dissapear Fast.

LEROY
Freshman Team

Post by LEROY »

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

from what i saw in the first couple series, if we can't be more creative on offense and run the QB almost every play this team won't beat anyone! 1for 3 passing? We have no one on the roster who can throw a pass?

defense and the team quit in the 2nd qtr

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

questionmark wrote:About the Running Clock, it made the 2nd Half Dissapear Fast.

?mark you are going to have a lot of disappearing 2nd Halves this year...there will be some away games where you are on the bus and headed home before anyone else in the area is done lol.

On a serious note do you think the lack of "time" in some of these games will at all hurt your preparation for play-offs? I know a lot of time your first team players last year were pulled after the first or second series in the 3rd quarter, but nonetheless it gave players more game experience. Looking at your schedule very realistically you could have 6 or 7 more occasions with a running clock...just wondering if that "hurts" after the regular season.

Mighty Mighty Devils
All Conference

Post by Mighty Mighty Devils »

All that summer conditioning an practice an we could not score a point I think we let the wrong coach go

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

I'm not sure it was the wrong coach that was let go but maybe go through the interview process.

gobigblue12
Freshman Team

Post by gobigblue12 »

dont even know what that was last night. playing not to give up a certain amount of points maybe. just looked very slow and tentative. but athens is good. but still. seemed like o never found a system, just all over the board.

hope wes and eli are okay. if not, wont get much better.

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

Next week's Zanesville game should see both teams starters in for 4 quarters, and then later in the season the Dogs travel to Stuebenville which will be a 4 quarter battle. Those 2 non-leagues games were put on the schedule to prep this team for any play-off run...

If this new rule were to hurt any aspect of the team, it may be the defense. We know the Offense is going to get plenty of plays in and doesn't need many to score, but can a defense who is used to 2 quarters and a series in most games addapt to 4 quarters of real football.

Focus is on Week II, in Zanesville...

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

What was the final?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

vctransplant wrote:What was the final?
52-0