Wheelersburg/Chillicothe Scrimmage 8/16

Blackjack
JV Team

Wheelersburg/Chillicothe Scrimmage 8/16

Post by Blackjack »

Can someone who attended this scrimmage give us some comments about how each team looked?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: Wheelersburg/Chillicothe Scrimmage 8/16

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I talked to some guys from Wheelersburg at the OVC Previews. They said they played Chillicothe pretty even but had some work to do, they also stated that Portsmouth and Ironton looked better right now. They could have been blowing smoke, I don't know lol.

Chillicothe is supposed to be pretty good I thought, so if they played them pretty even I'd say they were blowing smoke :122245

callie11
Freshman Team

Post by callie11 »

I was at the scrimmage sat morning, I thought it was a pretty even match. Chille only had 25 players so they didn't have the numbers or size they had a couple of years ago. They had some good skilled position players, seemed they passed better than they ran the ball, but it's early. The burg I thought was more of a even pass , run team, there again they had some good plays but were stopped at the line some also. I wouldn't want to form a opinion of the season from what I saw based on one scrimmage. Neither team looked like world beaters , but they both had there moments. Time will tell.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

amazing a school the size of chilli only having 25 players.
electronics have ruined sports.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

I heard it was eligibility issues. Grades, legal issues, transfers. I was told they have at least 7 with these issues. :122246

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Is Chilli still D3?

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

Yep

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:amazing a school the size of chilli only having 25 players.
electronics have ruined sports.

Over the last few years Chillicothe has had low numbers in the lower grades when they came to Logan, but always had speed.

sibibis45
JV Team

Post by sibibis45 »

Chilli has around 55 - 60 grades 9 - 12 There were twenty five guys on the turf field playing the varsity scrimmage and the rest were up on the grass field playing the level 3 scrimmage. they also had around ten guys injured on the sideline.

so.stormmom
Freshman Team

Post by so.stormmom »

ohbuckeye2 wrote:I talked to some guys from Wheelersburg at the OVC Previews. They said they played Chillicothe pretty even but had some work to do, they also stated that Portsmouth and Ironton looked better right now. They could have been blowing smoke, I don't know lol.

Chillicothe is supposed to be pretty good I thought, so if they played them pretty even I'd say they were blowing smoke :122245
Portsmouth did not look good at all! but Ironton will smoke the burg week one and most on their schedule they are right back to where they are used to being.

callie11
Freshman Team

Post by callie11 »

What are you smoking Roy?

Return to “Football”