All Conference

Re: Jamboree games - 8/22

Post by vctransplant »

RebelCat wrote:
vctransplant wrote:
RebelCat wrote:The 6thing Annual Grid Iron for Gallia Jamboree Game
River Valley at South Gallia
8-23 @ 7:30

Expecting another standing room only crowd for an event that has generated over $60,000 during the previous 5 years. That money has been divided evenly between the 2 schools and gone to the purchase of new weight room equipment, track equipment, etc.
Heard there was a knock down drag out at a 7on7. Shouldnbe a slobber knocker and a fun one to watch.
I wasn't there but I did hear about the on-field "disagreement" between the teams. Hopefully nothing bad happens that will jeopardize the future of the event. The 2 schools begin playing each other this year in volleyball, boys basketball and girls basketball. Not sure about spring sports. I am sure the basketball contest will be very spirited and will have full houses.
I think both coaching staffs will control any silliness but think the kids are really gonna get after it. Should be a fun one to see.

edforshey
Varsity

Post by edforshey »

Jottings wrote:Go Big Blacks...Question.....Is the GAHS-Pt. Pleasant date on Sept. 29 correct? It's the same on both 2014 schedules. That's on a Monday.
It on Sept. 26th.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Minford at Fairland
The Falcons looked good against Zane Trace this weekend. Varsity scored 4 TD's to the Pioneers 1 and the JV team notched 2 TD's to Zane Trace's 0 scores. It was a scrimmage, but Minford showed signs of success running and passing the ball, and the defense had some nice pancake blocks.
Last edited by mglight88 on Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

bigblue allday
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue allday »

What time friday is the Athens vs Trimble Jambo

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

TTomcat99 wrote:What time friday is the Athens vs Trimble Jambo

7:30

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Post by Alexander hitman »

Alexander @ Circleville

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Nelsonville-York at Jackson
I believe the game starts at 7:30.

This will be a good test for the Buckeye Offense.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Orange and Brown wrote:Nelsonville-York at Jackson
I believe the game starts at 7:30.

This will be a good test for the Buckeye Offense.
Hoping that the NY offense will air it out a bit and give us a bit of idea about the Ironmen secondary improvements from last year...pretty confident of our run defense but still will be good to have a tough nosed NY team to see how we respond to the run as well...look forward to this Friday, but really looking forward to 8/30 at Wellston.

viper_sport07
Waterboy

Post by viper_sport07 »

I wonder how imbaressed the tomkitties are gonna feel after Borrows torches them for about 6 TDs friday night? I'd say if this game was played in full that the Bulldogs would name the score!

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Football fan wrote:
TTomcat99 wrote:What time friday is the Athens vs Trimble Jambo

7:30
I believe this is actually a 7:00 start.

Green Beagle
JV Team

Post by Green Beagle »

Sumitup4LIFE wrote:I wonder how imbaressed the tomkitties are gonna feel after Borrows torches them for about 6 TDs friday night? I'd say if this game was played in full that the Bulldogs would name the score!
If I remember right the Tomcats (imbaressed) the Bulldogs last year. It will be the same this year. Tomcats are a better team.

The scout
Waterboy

Post by The scout »

This is the first time that I have ever agreed with sumitup but lets just face it burrows would have started for the ohio state buckeyes this year if he was not in high school still. In the half of football they play he will and the ohio bobcats running back will score 50

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

CautionTape wrote:This is the first time that I have ever agreed with sumitup but lets just face it burrows would have started for the ohio state buckeyes this year if he was not in high school still. In the half of football they play he will and the ohio bobcats running back will score 50
Are you kidding? I sure hope so. Burrows is exceptional but, start for the Bucks over Barrett or even Jones? C'mon now!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

CautionTape wrote:This is the first time that I have ever agreed with sumitup but lets just face it burrows would have started for the ohio state buckeyes this year if he was not in high school still. In the half of football they play he will and the ohio bobcats running back will score 50

NUTS

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

No way Burrows would start over Barrett or Jones this year.

Burrows may be a good quarterback, but with OSU leading for Torrance Gibson this year, Dwayne Haskins in 2016, and Danny Clark committed for 2017; he may be recruited over.

OSU stayed with Deshaun Watson too long last year and missed out on a quarterback when others they liked committed elsewhere. They had to have a quarterback in this class and Gibson was cooling on them and was probably gonna wait until National Signing Day to commit anyway. Murray and Wimbush committed elsewhere and they couldn't afford to be left out in cold so they took Burrows who is good, but obviously not their first choice. Since then Gibson visited for Friday Night Lights and OSU is again his leader.

Now with Miller getting hurt and possibly coming back next year, things may get really complicated.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

:
moonshine wrote:

NUTS
:aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Westfan wrote:No way Burrows would start over Barrett or Jones this year.

Burrows may be a good quarterback, but with OSU leading for Torrance Gibson this year, Dwayne Haskins in 2016, and Danny Clark committed for 2017; he may be recruited over.

OSU stayed with Deshaun Watson too long last year and missed out on a quarterback when others they liked committed elsewhere. They had to have a quarterback in this class and Gibson was cooling on them and was probably gonna wait until National Signing Day to commit anyway. Murray and Wimbush committed elsewhere and they couldn't afford to be left out in cold so they took Burrows who is good, but obviously not their first choice. Since then Gibson visited for Friday Night Lights and OSU is again his leader.

Now with Miller getting hurt and possibly coming back next year, things may get really complicated.
Funny, how you dismiss the local kid for what the star guru's say about kids, but at the same time, I'm pretty sure you got upset when people said the kid from West couldn't play at that level. Now if I thought for even :02 you've seen Burrow, Gibson, Haskins, et.al, then I'd think maybe you are qualified to make such a comment, but seeing how you are clueless in that regard, I'll refrain from pointedly telling you so.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Pol Pot wrote: Funny, how you dismiss the local kid for what the star guru's say about kids, but at the same time, I'm pretty sure you got upset when people said the kid from West couldn't play at that level. Now if I thought for even :02 you've seen Burrow, Gibson, Haskins, et.al, then I'd think maybe you are qualified to make such a comment, but seeing how you are clueless in that regard, I'll refrain from pointedly telling you so.
I don't have to see them all. That's why they pay talent evaluators. He is a 3 star with mid-level D1 offers besides OSU with the biggest being Cincinnati.
http://247sports.com/Player/Joe-Burrow-36575
He may be underrated, but they are in a way using him in case they strike out on the others. I mean don't you think it was coincidence that he got and accepted his offer just after Gibson openly cooled on OSU? I hope he makes it. But facts are facts.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

That list you are looking at Westfan is not accurate - Burrow had/has offers from way more schools than the ones listed, including 2 SEC schools (Vanderbilt and Kentucky.)

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Westfan wrote:
Pol Pot wrote: Funny, how you dismiss the local kid for what the star guru's say about kids, but at the same time, I'm pretty sure you got upset when people said the kid from West couldn't play at that level. Now if I thought for even :02 you've seen Burrow, Gibson, Haskins, et.al, then I'd think maybe you are qualified to make such a comment, but seeing how you are clueless in that regard, I'll refrain from pointedly telling you so.
I don't have to see them all. That's why they pay talent evaluators. He is a 3 star with mid-level D1 offers besides OSU with the biggest being Cincinnati.
http://247sports.com/Player/Joe-Burrow-36575
He may be underrated, but they are in a way using him in case they strike out on the others. I mean don't you think it was coincidence that he got and accepted his offer just after Gibson openly cooled on OSU? I hope he makes it. But facts are facts.
Maybe yous should update your subscriptions, because he had way more offers and committed just as things with the Power 5 conferences were picking up.

And your comment about "stars" and rankings prove my point. You think a 3 star kid from your high school can play with the Big Boys, but a 3 star recurit from other parts of SE Ohio is only an insurance policy.

The longest tenured NFL player from SE Ohio wasn't even a DI player, so keep putting all your beliefs in those services, and I hope you are not paying for that stuff.
Last edited by Pol pot on Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”