Week 1: Trimble @ Nelsonvile: Who ya got?

moonshine
SEO

Re: Week 1: Trimble @ Nelsonvile: Who ya got?

Post by moonshine »

I am surprised! very little talk about this game! Early week prediction:

Nutboy's 21

Tomkittens 32

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

Orange and Brown wrote:
Football fan wrote:i was going with Trimble till i saw them aginst Athens even though it was not a true game they are going to have a time beating NY

First, it was a scrimmage and neither team was gonna show much, Jenkins wasn't running full speed at all and that was a good thing for the Cats. They need him healthy because he is gonna be a big part of the gambler's Offense this season.

Second, Athens has gotten that much better and I could tell that from just the basic plays they were running. The Dogs defense looked good. This will be their best defense the last 3 years.

The Bucks struggled to move the ball against Jackson, they had trouble holding onto the ball, and Jackson's 2's scored on our 1's.

I'm not counting the Bucks out, but Trimble is the favorite in this one.

I know it was just a scrimmage. And I’m sure Trimble wasn’t showing everything they have. Athens was running a littel more than just basics.
I don’t think you can say this is Athens best defense in 3 years. Trimble controlled the ball for more than 10 min. and you say they were just
Going through the motions’ saw improvement in places on the defense will know more about that after week 2.
I know Trimble will be favored . so instead of saying the'll have a time beating NY I’ll say I think this games score will be closer than some think
Will find out Friday.
I do know a few things for sure. After seeing the Athens JV game against NY Athens JV is not too good and NY has good looking JV.Also NY’s
Helmets are very sharp looking

the Kool-Aid Man
Freshman Team

Post by the Kool-Aid Man »

THE BUCKEYE FANS WILL BE DRIVING TO THE GYM TEACHERS HOUSE ON SATURDAY MORNING BEGGING HIM TO COME BACK AFTER TRIMBLE BEATS THEM 3 YEARS IN A ROW. MAN THAT HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE. THEY MIGHT JUST RENAME BOSTON FIELD TO PHIL FAIRES FIELD. SOMEONE PLEASE TAKE ALL THE ROPE OUT OF BUCKEYE COUNTRY

Green Beagle
JV Team

Post by Green Beagle »

Kool-Aid JINX!!!

The scout
Waterboy

Post by The scout »

hey o&b I want to ask you one thing. How is it you know about trimble Athens game play by play and Nelsonville York Jackson game and went to a fall ball game I know there is one guy on here called the wizard but he don't even try to say he was in 3 places at once :?: :?: :?:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

CautionTape wrote:hey o&b I want to ask you one thing. How is it you know about trimble Athens game play by play and Nelsonville York Jackson game and went to a fall ball game I know there is one guy on here called the wizard but he don't even try to say he was in 3 places at once :?: :?: :?:
Fallball got canceled, so drove to the plains and then got several updates from folks who went to Jackson.

Never said I was in Jackson.

fairlandboi'06
Riding the Bench

Post by fairlandboi'06 »

I think this will be a battle! I am being told that the new QB for Trimble has a lot of work to do, doesnt throw the ball very well and is not very mobile. However I do remember watching the Jenkins kid from last year and the kid can flat out play. I also think the Downs kid at receiver can be a hand full if they can find someone who has the ability to get him the ball. That being said the Mount and Andrews kids from NY both are much improved and will be huge factors in this game along with Edwards. Trimble you better tighten those chin straps up real tight and be ready to play because the Buckeyes will be ready this year.

JUST MY THOUGHTS GUYS!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Wizard wrote:I think this will be a battle! I am being told that the new QB for Trimble has a lot of work to do, doesnt throw the ball very well and is not very mobile. However I do remember watching the Jenkins kid from last year and the kid can flat out play. I also think the Downs kid at receiver can be a hand full if they can find someone who has the ability to get him the ball. That being said the Mount and Andrews kids from NY both are much improved and will be huge factors in this game along with Edwards. Trimble you better tighten those chin straps up real tight and be ready to play because the Buckeyes will be ready this year.

JUST MY THOUGHTS GUYS!!!
Justice Jenkins is my preseason pick for POY in the Hocking. That young man can play. He is very very talented.

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Post by Alexander hitman »

Recent records say Tomcats but I just cant help taking the Buckeyes in a close one ....

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

The Buckeyes are focused and ready to go!
This will be a close game full of hard hits and big plays. Their won't be a better game to watch than this one!

My final prediction
Bucks 22
Cats 20

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

This will be the 45th all-time meeting between the Buckeyes and Tomcats. NY leads the all-time series 28-14-2.

With a Trimble victory on Friday, the Tomcats will have defeated the Buckeyes three years in a row for the first time in history. (NY didn't win for three straight years in '83, '84, and '85, but the '83 game ended in a tie, so it wasn't a loss).

In all the years this game has been played, an entire school district's worth of student population has been lost between the two schools. If you combined the student population of NY and Trimble today, it would be about the same size NY was when Nelsonville and York first consolidated in 1967. An entire school district's worth of kids has disappeared in just under half a century.

NY leads all-time series 28 wins, 14 losses, 2 ties
1970 Glouster (H) 24-0
1971 Nelsonville-York (A) 58-0
1972 Nelsonville-York (H) 45-0
1973 Nelsonville-York (A) 48-0
1974 Tie (H) 0-0
1975 Trimble (A) 12-2
1976 Nelsonville-York (H) 20-6
1977 Trimble (A) 7-0
1978 Nelsonville-York (H) 21-20
1979 Trimble (A) 7-6
1980 Trimble (H) 41-0
1981 Nelsonville-York (A) 40-12
1982 Nelsonville-York (H) 28-12
1983 Tie (A) 6-6
1984 Trimble (H) 7-6
1985 Trimble (A) 41-6
1986 Nelsonville-York (H) 34-0
1987 Nelsonville-York (A) 51-12
1988 Nelsonville-York (H) 28-14
1989 Trimble (A) 7-2
1990 Nelsonville-York (H) 27-0
1991 Nelsonville-York (A) 25-13
1992 Nelsonville-York (H) 34-14
1993 Nelsonville-York (A) 50-14
1994 Nelsonville-York (H) 58-0
1995 Nelsonville-York (A) 19-6
1996 Nelsonville-York (H) 35-13
1997 Nelsonville-York (A) 54-0
1998 Nelsonville-York (H) 29-25
1999 Nelsonville-York (A) 33-7
2000 Nelsonville-York (H) 28-7
2001 Trimble (A) 14-6
2002 Nelsonville-York (H) 49-13
2003 Nelsonville-York (A) 21-18
2004 Trimble (H) 19-13
2005 Trimble (A) 27-21 OT
2006 Nelsonville-York (H) 35-0
2007 Trimble (A) 7-6
2008 Nelsonville-York (H) 41-13
2009 Nelsonville-York (A) 7-6
2010 Nelsonville-York (H) 14-6
2011 Nelsonville-York (A) 42-6
2012 Trimble (H) 21-14
2013 Trimble (A) 40-0

Ny92
Freshman Team

Post by Ny92 »

Great post NYBuckeye96

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

Wizard wrote:I think this will be a battle! I am being told that the new QB for Trimble has a lot of work to do, doesnt throw the ball very well and is not very mobile. However I do remember watching the Jenkins kid from last year and the kid can flat out play. I also think the Downs kid at receiver can be a hand full if they can find someone who has the ability to get him the ball. That being said the Mount and Andrews kids from NY both are much improved and will be huge factors in this game along with Edwards. Trimble you better tighten those chin straps up real tight and be ready to play because the Buckeyes will be ready this year.

JUST MY THOUGHTS GUYS!!!
Whoever told you about the qb hasn't made a very good assessment. He has a live arm and can run if he needs too

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

I'll say Trimble in a nail biting, slobberknocker, GOOD hard nosed football.

Logan_Buckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Logan_Buckeye »

Good Luck to the NY Buckeyes, bring it home!! This will be the first games in many years that I will miss.. Since it was moved back to Friday night, I can't make it.. Dang!!!!

bobcat2224
Waterboy

Post by bobcat2224 »

Saw the new QB for the Tomcats at Athens and let me tell you he can really throw the ball and shows great pocket presence. That along with Jenkins running I say the Tomcats win 28-14.

fairlandboi'06
Riding the Bench

Post by fairlandboi'06 »

[quote="catfan123"]Saw the new QB for the Tomcats at Athens and let me tell you he can really throw the ball and shows great pocket presence. That along with Jenkins running I say the Tomcats win 28-14.[/quote]

I have said in an earlier post that I was told he doesnt throw the ball very well. I will go along with Jenkins being a great runner but he cant win this game by himself. Lets see how the QB will respond when Andrews puts the smackdown on him.

JUST MY THOUGHTS GUYS!!!

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

[quote="Orange and Brown"]The Buckeyes are focused and ready to go!
This will be a close game full of hard hits and big plays. Their won't be a better game to watch than this one!

My final prediction
Bucks 22
Cats 20[/quote

Orange and Brown in the other post where I spelled Trimble with an e maybe I had it right

1 trem·ble
intransitive verb \ˈtrem-bəl\

: to shake slightly because you are afraid, nervous, excited, etc.

: to shake slightly because of some force

: to be afraid or nervous

should be a great game Friday good luck to NY

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

lmao..........
GOOD ONE!

Football Fan 1
O N B 0

Broad Street
Riding the Bench

Post by Broad Street »

NY will not stop Trimble from scoring. Trimble will stop NY from scoring at least twice. 33-20 Tomcats.

Return to “Football”