Wellston Golden Rockets 2014

Blackjack
JV Team

Wellston Golden Rockets 2014

Post by Blackjack »

The Rockets have a lot returning this season. Looking for the best year that Hutch has put together. Who will shine?

hsfbfan
Varsity

Re: Wellston Golden Rockets 2014

Post by hsfbfan »

Definite losses Jackson, Athens, and Meigs. Probable wins Huntington, Southeastern, River Valley, and Alexander. Oak Hill, Nelsonville-York, and Vinton County are all toss up games. No worse than 4-6 and no better than 7-3.
Cameron Williams and Nick Cox will have big seasons because the offense will be built around them.
Line play should be improved with the experience they have returning led by Chris Williams.
Defensively Kenny Trimble and Forrest Hale will be forces to be reckoned with.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

I could see Wellston winning at least 5 games this upcoming season if they stay healthy.

Blue Duck
Freshman Team

Post by Blue Duck »

7-3. Losses to athens, meigs, and jackson.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

The only games they will be a heavy underdog will be jackson and Athens . That doesn't mean they have no chance to win and guarantee you jackson won't overlook them . I think the Meigs, vinton county, nelsonville games will be hard fought games and could go either way. Coach Hutch does a good Jon and the team will be ready and in shape. I will predict 6-4.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

They will open with a resounding loss to the county seat. Jackson will let them know why the county is not named Wellston. TVC losses will mount up against Meigs, Athens, and NY. They will thump Alex, after all Arnie didn't leave much in the cupboard. They may have a shot at VC as well.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Good luck rockets. Stand outs will be Cox Williams and Hawk. For sure Alaska think Wolmendorf will be one to watch.

louie_15
Freshman Team

Post by louie_15 »

vctransplant wrote:Good luck rockets. Stand outs will be Cox Williams and Hawk. For sure Alaska think Wolmendorf will be one to watch.
Hawk hasn't played football since 8th grade.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Wellston was involved in a lot of close games last year:

South Point 24-21 L

Southeastern 14-13 W

Oak Hill 22-15 L (game went down to last play)

Rock Hill 18-15 W (without looking it up I think it was 18-15 or very close to that with Wellston winning).

Nelsonville-York 19-16 W

Vinton County 22-19 L

Could have easily went 7-3 last season, and was a very young team with now more experience under its belt.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!" - Ghostbusters :mrgreen: :!:

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

louie_15 wrote:
vctransplant wrote:Good luck rockets. Stand outs will be Cox Williams and Hawk. For sure Alaska think Wolmendorf will be one to watch.
Hawk hasn't played football since 8th grade.
Heard he was coming back this year.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Keyser.. using your logic. 3 of wellston's 4 wins were by 3, 3 and 1 point. So they could've just as easily gone 1-9 :)

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Dundas.....I try to look at the glass as half-full. :12223
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!" - Ghostbusters :mrgreen: :!:

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Being from VC ..that's the only way I've looked at it over the last 10 years lol

Gotta get my wellston jabs in while I can! Haven't been able to for a few years :)

Da Bears
Freshman Team

Post by Da Bears »

Same old in Wellston 3-7 to 5-5 at the very best. Youth is always the excuse. They will beat Huntington, River Valley, and Alex. Toss up games with Southeastern and Vinton County. They for sure lose to Jackson (beat down like last year), Athens, Meigs, Oak Hll, and Nelsonville.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Da Bears wrote:Same old in Wellston 3-7 to 5-5 at the very best. Youth is always the excuse. They will beat Huntington, River Valley, and Alex. Toss up games with Southeastern and Vinton County. They for sure lose to Jackson (beat down like last year), Athens, Meigs, Oak Hll, and Nelsonville.
Wow! Kind of cold bud.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

I think that wellston can be better than that. I can see 6-4.

Da Bears
Freshman Team

Post by Da Bears »

Well I'm sorry there Mr. Tranplant for hurting someone's feelings. I just gave an honest opinion of what I think will be Wellston's season. No horse in this race . . . just giving an opinion. Wellston hasn't had a winning season since 2005 (I think) and I don't think they will this year. Of the loses I predicted, which ones do you disagree with? If it was the Jackson beat down comment, I was at last year's game and left at halftime. If anyone was there and saw it in person, please tell me what is was other than a beat down. Remember, Jackson was what 5-5 last year? They weren't world beaters!

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

No feeling hurt here. But I do truley believe you may be surprised. A lot of their starters last year were freshmen and sophomores and gained a lot of experience. Record is what matters but watch for a big improvement even if record isn't much better.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

vctransplant wrote:No feeling hurt here. But I do truley believe you may be surprised. A lot of their starters last year were freshmen and sophomores and gained a lot of experience. Record is what matters but watch for a big improvement even if record isn't much better.
Agree, the Rockets were young last year and should have it going there way. I look for a much more competitive game with Jackson this year and for them to play NY, VC, Meigs, and Oak Hill tough and win a couple of those. 6-4 or better is definitely in the cards.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Any work out of camp about them young rockets?

Return to “Football”