Gallia Academy Football

UrbanOhio2012
Freshman Team

Gallia Academy Football

Post by UrbanOhio2012 »

Will Gallia return to glory with a hometown boy at the helm? What type of offense will they run?

They seemed to lose steam at the end of last season. Hopefully they will be able to put together a complete season this year.

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Re: Gallia Academy Football

Post by galliagrad89 »

Who is the hometown boy?

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

Who and when do they scrimmage?

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

How many Blue Devils are working out this summer? Do the Gallians have any 7 on 7s. Who will be the pre-season scrimmages be with and where? Just asking.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I am pretty sure that coach Riffe came to Gallipolis from Wayne, WV. Before that I don't know where he hailed from.

c

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Must be referring to all the assistant coaches. From what I have been hearing coach riffe is a good fit. He should have gotten the job 5 years ago instead of Eddy, then we might not be in this mess....

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Yea but Eddy had been coaching at PBurg WVa. That was BIG to that one then board member from Point who had been in the band or played soccer or whatever it was. :lol: Plus... The other Board member who is still current was quoted in the media as saying that this guy got him so excited during the interview that he wanted to put on the pads. :122245 Now you have to understand who these members are to appreciate the humor.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I submit that if Coach Eddy had not had family issues and returned to Parkersburg, that the Blue Devils would not have collapsed last year and would have posted a much better record.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

I dont think so 78. Cant think of one reason why. And what were the family issues that you say you say were in effect?

gobigblue12
Freshman Team

Post by gobigblue12 »

i hear that gallia is having some godo turnouts and they are working hard this summer. still have some pieces to find, but believe the staff will figure that out.

as far as coach eddy, the general, stop being so bitter about him getting the job. he brought back the footblal program wehre it needed to be as far as equipment, strength and fundamentals of the game. he also decied to go back home b/c of family health issues.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Ok GBB12 :lol: Sure he did. I forgot about how fundamentally sound they were. And of course stronger than any other groups. And the equipment? Much better and high tech. Sorry that I havent appreciated these qualities like some.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Why such dislike for a coach like Coach Eddy? He was well respected in the coaching ranks.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Can't hardly wait for the season to begin!

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

i am also looking forward to the season but i am afraid this might be a long year for blue devil fans. but this season should set the ship straight for another successful run. this years team is going to be really young and inexperienced on offense and defensive line. but with only 6 or 7 seniors total and 2 of those being injury prone a lot of kids should get experience and next several classes have at least 15 or more players. there will be a lot of experienced gained.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

JUST KEEP WORKING DEVILS!

UrbanOhio2012
Freshman Team

Post by UrbanOhio2012 »

I apologize for the home town boy comment, when I heard a Meigs assistant was the new head coach at GA I assumed it was Brent Saunder's son.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

scene several Gallia academy football players last week at river rec festival. Looks like they have been working really hard in the weight room.

gobigblue12
Freshman Team

Post by gobigblue12 »

a lot of good things coming from the blue. also helped out with the local hoop jam. just hope they can play football tho too

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

who is calling the offensive plays

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Where can I buy a 2014 Blue Devil Football Card?

Return to “Football”