WK1 Ironton @ Wheelersburg AUG 29

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Re: WEEK 1 IRONTON @WHEELERSBURG-AUG 29

Post by Trojan_Pride »

ohbuckeye2 wrote:
cg-ironton fan wrote:early change to current line of -1 new updated line tigers +7 (underdog)
Why the change ???

Did you go to the 7 on 7 today at Raceland? If so how did it go?
oops my bad!!! put it back to -1 LOL !! I only seen Fridays 7 on 7 and not Saturdays!

I heard they was way better Saturday

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

never in one in the lutz era to my knowledge. is it true that if you do the 7 on7 you lose a week of practice in prep. for the 1st game or something like that. seems like have been told that a few times, but i never knew if there was any truth to it.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I think I do remember the year coach triplett coached them doing one. because both of my boys were on that team.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

VC, Im pretty sure thets just a rumor about losing time if you do a 7 on 7.
As for the results I wouldnt put my stock into them. The only good team there was Raceland. Its good our guys came out and played good though. Now if they can carry that momentum over into pads and the 1st game we will be doing good.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

It is considered a day of practice no more than that. They are a good experience for your players.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

Actually Fleming Co. Was better than Raceland. They had several nice athletes. As far as impact on the up coming season...little to no impact. It's 2 hand touch with helmets on. These are good for db's.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

river rat ray told me there were 50 young fighting tigers out this morning, with 6 being frosh, that is awesome, and could provide some much needed depth.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:river rat ray told me there were 50 young fighting tigers out this morning, with 6 being frosh, that is awesome, and could provide some much needed depth.
I wonder how many are from each Class, I know we have a lot of JR's. The bad thing is there are only 6 Freshmen.
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Can anyone from Wheelerburg tell me how many returning starters they have, sounds like the Line is going to be pretty good from what I'm hearing.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Rough guess 6 on offense 7 on defense

It's hard to judge the offense because of all the schemes they put out there. No doubt they have to replace a lot of production but they have some capable playmakers.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

wobycat wrote:Rough guess 6 on offense 7 on defense

It's hard to judge the offense because of all the schemes they put out there. No doubt they have to replace a lot of production but they have some capable playmakers.
sounds like they had to replace QB, WR/TE, RB'S(that is a enormous task there to be just as good as they was last year)

i just dont see that happening IMO

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

2 of the 3 burg backs return. The junior to be might have been a heck of a weapon in that offense last year but was injured week 1 and never really got back to 100%. Their leading rusher from the running back position also returns.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

QB won't have much drop off if any. WR's will be hard to replace. RBS return. I think the Burg outlasts the tigers in this one. I'll stick with my original 42-21 but it may be closer as cg fan says because there will be a learning curve with the skilled kids.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

I don't think the passing attack will be as good because of the wideouts they lost but run game could be much better, should be able to maul people up front. I am not quite ready to say who the qb will be, may is the favorite but the Davis kid will push him. Davis is a football player, by the end of last year he was the best open field tackler they had.

ItownBrowns
Freshman Team

Post by ItownBrowns »

I know Ironton sr league boys are playing in baseball state championship game tomorrow. I'm sure a few may be potential freshman which play football. If so they may have at least a few more boys soon.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

The count I gave Tiger Bait included the kids at Oxford in the Junior League State Tournament and Tristan Cox on vacation. This count came from the coaches. 50 players included 6 freshmen.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

So no freshman team this year?

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

Burg 56 Tigers 6

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

fbnut wrote:I don't think the passing attack will be as good because of the wideouts they lost but run game could be much better, should be able to maul people up front. I am not quite ready to say who the qb will be, may is the favorite but the Davis kid will push him. Davis is a football player, by the end of last year he was the best open field tackler they had.
I agree 100%. Davis did a great job as a sophomore last year on defense. He is bigger and stronger than May, but had limited time on offense last year. If Davis is under center, May becomes a huge weapon as a very fast receiver. With May as QB, Davis will be a dependable receiver, but doesn't have as much speed. I guess which ever combination the coaches is the best fit for the offense, but either way would work. The biggest advantage of having Davis as QB would be that you would have a QB for the next 2 seasons.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

it doesn't look like it cannon, I'm sure they'll try to get more out.

Return to “Football”