WK1 Ironton @ Wheelersburg AUG 29

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WK1 Ironton @ Wheelersburg AUG 29

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Football fan wrote:Tiger Bait saw where you posted on Athens page Good luck to Ironton your new turf field looks great
I also wish Athens and Ironton were playing this year. Will Ironton make a playoff run this year?
let's worry about wheelersburg first they are always a beast to start the season with. many people don't realize how small ironton is now. I remember when ironton was substantially bigger than wheelersburg, and now the tide has turned, ironton is only 2 players from d6.but you can't measure a man's heart. and that's something we have to wait and see about. wheelersburg will be a good measuring stick. but taken lightly , they will beat you about the head and facial areas. we gotta come out ready to do battle, and not give up big plays.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:
Football fan wrote:Tiger Bait saw where you posted on Athens page Good luck to Ironton your new turf field looks great
I also wish Athens and Ironton were playing this year. Will Ironton make a playoff run this year?
let's worry about wheelersburg first they are always a beast to start the season with. many people don't realize how small ironton is now. I remember when ironton was substantially bigger than wheelersburg, and now the tide has turned, ironton is only 2 players from d6.but you can't measure a man's heart. and that's something we have to wait and see about. wheelersburg will be a good measuring stick. but taken lightly , they will beat you about the head and facial areas. we gotta come out ready to do battle, and not give up big plays.
starters should go 2 strong quarters tomorrow against CG and i am sure CG starters will go 2 strong against TIGERS. should get a lot better read on both these teams tomorrow, i seriously doubt either of them hold back for the 2 quarters.

and CG is no cupcake either (regardless how they looked in west game )

youthsportsfan
JV Team

Post by youthsportsfan »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:
starters should go 2 strong quarters tomorrow against CG and i am sure CG starters will go 2 strong against TIGERS. should get a lot better read on both these teams tomorrow, i seriously doubt either of them hold back for the 2 quarters.

and CG is no cupcake either (regardless how they looked in west game )
Agree CG has solid team and actually had their way with west 1st quarter. Combo of spread vs power and worn out was the different in the 2nd quarter.

From what I seen we are to much upfront for CG. I'm looking forward to Webb vs 70 from CG should be a nice matchup.

We just need to stay healthy for the Burg

so.stormmom
Freshman Team

Post by so.stormmom »

Ironton will smash the burg the kids have worked hard to get back to what fighting tiger football is all about they are wrapping up now on tackles and that was the biggest problem they have been having ironton 35 to 6

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

ROY MUNSUN wrote:Ironton will smash the burg the kids have worked hard to get back to what fighting tiger football is all about they are wrapping up n ow on tackles and that was the biggest problem they have been having ironton 35 to 6
Thats the funniest thing I have heard for awhile smashing the burg. I think there is going to be a lot of dissappointed Tiger fans headed east on 52 next friday night about 10:00. I say burg wins by two scores.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

local superstar wrote:Ironton wins by 14 this time around.
Stand by this.

With the combo of size, experience, transfers, athleticism they should win by 14.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Ironton 15-14

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

luvbigcats wrote:
ROY MUNSUN wrote:Ironton will smash the burg the kids have worked hard to get back to what fighting tiger football is all about they are wrapping up n ow on tackles and that was the biggest problem they have been having ironton 35 to 6
Thats the funniest thing I have heard for awhile smashing the burg. I think there is going to be a lot of dissappointed Tiger fans headed east on 52 next friday night about 10:00. I say burg wins by two scores.

trust me big cat-----------roy is no tiger fan.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Ironton better be ready next week. Coal grove dominated tonight.

Hilltiger
Riding the Bench

Post by Hilltiger »

Final... CG 20 Ironton 13. First team score was CG 14 Ironton 6. Irontons line was dominated.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:Ironton better be ready next week. Coal grove dominated tonight.
CG didnt dominate that game and besides ironton's best player was out!!

DOMINATE= 35-6 like ironton did last week :mrgreen:

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Who didn't play tonight for Ironton?

Sounds like the Tigers Line has a lot of work to do between now and next Friday.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

ohbuckeye2 wrote:Who didn't play tonight for Ironton?

Sounds like the Tigers Line has a lot of work to do between now and next Friday.
22 PALADINO (not sure of spelling) toe turf , toe jam, toe somthing LOL

iluvlucy
Waterboy

Post by iluvlucy »

Just watched the CG-Ironton game, Ironton has a long way to go IMO. I know they have some kids out with injuries, but would those few really made that big a difference with the play calling I just witnessed??? Time will tell.....sure hope the right people watch the film and make adjustments!!!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
ohbuckeye2 wrote:Who didn't play tonight for Ironton?

22 PALADINO (not sure of spelling) toe turf , toe jam, toe somthing LOL
With him not on the field makes a huge difference as far as the Offense goes. I Hope keeping him out of the scrimmage was more precautionary and that it's not going to be a nagging injury that lasts all season long.

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

One starter out on both sides. I think one team came to play and the other came to look at the new field. I see a long season for the tigers. The boys on the line for the Grove took to Ironton. Maybe PW woke up CG. If this is what the Tigers are bringing to the OVC next year it will be another long season. Time will tell all.. Good luck to all this season. The talking is over it's time to play for keeps.

tigerfan98
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan98 »

Ironton is very talented this year
Long year because of a scrimmage
I guess people watch Nfl preseason and predict playoff teams to Lol

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

tigerfan98 wrote:Ironton is very talented this year
This is not a well thought out statement. The nfl has a full roster of professional players trying to make a roster spot in the pre-season. As well, they have a complete different purpose with game preparation. On the other hand, a jamboree game is two quarters of amateur high school football going at it. You can get a pretty decent indicator of what is to come.

I did not attend game but by what I read is Coal Grove won the battle up front. If this is true, irontons standout player would have helped but not have changed the game that much. What people can learn from this game is that either west, grove, and ironton are very good, or they are average high school teams. 1st game's next week.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

wobycat wrote:
tigerfan98 wrote:Ironton is very talented this year
This is not a well thought out statement. The nfl has a full roster of professional players trying to make a roster spot in the pre-season. As well, they have a complete different purpose with game preparation. On the other hand, a jamboree game is two quarters of amateur high school football going at it. You can get a pretty decent indicator of what is to come.

I did not attend game but by what I read is Coal Grove won the battle up front. If this is true, irontons standout player would have helped but not have changed the game that much. What people can learn from this game is that either west, grove, and ironton are very good, or they are average high school teams. 1st game's next week.
not a well thought out statement here either cause this is a SCRIMMAGE GAME and only possible outcome is to escape the game INJURY FREE, they dont care who wins and by what score.

and 1 player could have a huge impact on a game

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Ironton's strength is and always has been in the trenches. CG is big, but if Ironton got pushed around they are in trouble.

Return to “Football”