WK1 Ironton @ Wheelersburg AUG 29

local superstar
All State

Re: WK1 Ironton @ Wheelersburg AUG 29

Post by local superstar »

Usually well conditioned players get cramps! I have to change my mind about this game. I thought Ironton could win by 14 and still do. Now I think Burg will win. Hope I am wrong. Good Luck Tigers!

iluvlucy
Waterboy

Post by iluvlucy »

The point I was trying to make from watching the Ironton, CG "scrimmage" was this......I'm not as confident going to the burg this Friday! :122246 And what some on here are forgetting is that Fairland is young this year...What I watched happening was CG bringing everyone into the box to shut down Ironton's running game. A VERY physical matchup in the trenches and some of Ironton's biggest linemen getting shoved back? It worries me that no significant changes by the coaching staff was ever taken to adapt and overcome so to speak....and make NO mistake, the boys do take this so called "scrimmage" personally! So if CG can so effectively shut down the running game, whats to stop every other opponent....if the coaches are not going to make the necessary adjustments to put different personel on the field when offensive/defensive strategies change by the opponents, it could be a very long season again. I can only hope that this weeks practice is fueled by that loss and the coaches stop worrying about getting someone hurt and let them knock heads and build up some steam going toward Friday, just saying! :122249

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

local superstar wrote:Usually well conditioned players get cramps! I have to change my mind about this game. I thought Ironton could win by 14 and still do. Now I think Burg will win. Hope I am wrong. Good Luck Tigers!
If well conditioned players usually get cramps then Ironton year in and year out must be the most conditioned team in the area.

Kay
Waterboy

Post by Kay »

fbnut wrote:
local superstar wrote:Usually well conditioned players get cramps! I have to change my mind about this game. I thought Ironton could win by 14 and still do. Now I think Burg will win. Hope I am wrong. Good Luck Tigers!
If well conditioned players usually get cramps then Ironton year in and year out must be the most conditioned team in the area.
the superstar is right! Also...the more you lift weights, the weaker you become...it's true.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:Ironton might run the ball 70 yards on the opening drive and score, but if the throw it... Pick 6 wheelersburg is up 7-0 1 minute into the first and Ironton is already showing their lack of conditioning. Cramps crams cramps.. Lol jk go BURG
if i am a team afraid to THROW the ball i am doomed for disaster!!!!

burg is a well coached team i am sure they be ready for whatever TIGERS bring at em

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

It's game week baby!!

T

GO TIGERS...................

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

if they load the box up to stuff the run, burn em with pop passes to a tight end, that'll loosen their bowels. go tigers.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

No need to load the box. Ironton don't have the online to open holes! Lol

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

The 2 biggest question marks going into this season was play calling and line play. Through 2 scrimmages it appears the play calling is where it should be. Going back to the roots and running the football to set up the pass. The Oline looked like world beaters vs Fairland, while the Dline looked suspect. Against the Grove the line play was sloppy and they weren't physical. So Friday vs Burg if the line cant block and cant stop Burgs offense then Ironton will get beat its that simple. If the line comes to play Ironton has the talent to win big. This is a talented team if you look at it. With all the talent they have this year realistically Ironton could go 9-0. This first game will be the tale of the season I believe. Do they want to win and do what it takes to win? That's the million dollar question that will be answered Friday night.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I hope it's a very exciting game with the fighting tigers prevailing.
and no injuries.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Wheelersburg 41
Ironton 22

youthsportsfan
JV Team

Post by youthsportsfan »

BurgGrad_06 wrote:No need to load the box. Ironton don't have the online to open holes! Lol
I think you will be suprised Friday. If you don't load the box we will have 300 yrds rushing. Maybe more. Even if you do load it up we will get 250+ Btw Our line will do just fine.

callie11
Freshman Team

Post by callie11 »

youthsportsfan, you dreaming your youth away. Burg will win with ease.

youthsportsfan
JV Team

Post by youthsportsfan »

callie11 wrote:youthsportsfan, you dreaming your youth away. Burg will win with ease.
Well I hope your wrong. Win or lose I hope it's close. IMO tigers man the best backfield in the area , I'm not sure anyone can debate that. To say you will stop them n win with ease ? ? I just don't see it. Areas we need to improve ? 4sure !! Those things will keep Burg in the game. I think the game comes down to ball control and turnovers

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

I town is still down, look for the Burg to whip them there kitty's

ironton 14

The Burg 35

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

youthsportsfan wrote: Well I hope your wrong. Win or lose I hope it's close. IMO tigers man the best backfield in the area , I'm not sure anyone can debate that. To say you will stop them n win with ease ? ? I just don't see it. Areas we need to improve ? 4sure !! Those things will keep Burg in the game. I think the game comes down to ball control and turnovers
Best backfield in the area is Ashland. And it's not even close. If the kid hadn't transferred, Ironton would.

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

Westfan wrote:
youthsportsfan wrote: Well I hope your wrong. Win or lose I hope it's close. IMO tigers man the best backfield in the area , I'm not sure anyone can debate that. To say you will stop them n win with ease ? ? I just don't see it. Areas we need to improve ? 4sure !! Those things will keep Burg in the game. I think the game comes down to ball control and turnovers
Best backfield in the area is Ashland. And it's not even close. If the kid hadn't transferred, Ironton would.
Let's see if you're saying the same thing in 3 weeks. I have a feeling you'll change your opinion!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

on a mission wrote:
Westfan wrote: Best backfield in the area is Ashland. And it's not even close. If the kid hadn't transferred, Ironton would.
Let's see if you're saying the same thing in 3 weeks. I have a feeling you'll change your opinion!
I doubt it. I saw Ironton at the previews.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

it all gets real Friday we shall see.

youthsportsfan
JV Team

Post by youthsportsfan »

Westfan wrote:
I believe that kid is being used at receiver now. I could be wrong. I was meaning area as southern ohio. If we are including Ashland I think we are ahead at the full back spot and even with tailbacks we will find out soon. Taking nothing away from baker. He's very good and could be ahead some but not by a long shot. What ever he could be ahead our full back makes up that lost ground. Comes down to turnovers and line. The young man that transferred didn't like running between tackles hope he's gotten past that as he is a very talented runner in open field and using him as a receiver is a great choice I think.

Return to “Football”