Ironton Turf project has started

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Ironton Turf project has started

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Trenchfoot wrote:Looks nice to me as well. Old school looking Ironton letters on one end and flashy cursive Fighting Tigers letters on the other end. Old flare/new flare look. Tiger looks good too/with the legend coach Bob Lutz name on the sides. Lots of color/thick boundary lines. I'd be thankful, cool looking field. :aaaaa59

well said. I think it looks very very nice. and turned this majestic jewel of the south into a one of a kind masterpiece.only covered stadium around, great looking field, all all the new buildings in place. I could not be more proud.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Don't see but a couple negative remarks about the new field so that would put them in the minority. Put me in the majority as I think the design is very well done. Old school and new school both very well represented in doing this field. Can't wait to see it under the lights. Things are starting to really look up down at the old lady. Sorry cannon I have to disagree, I think the old lady looks GREAT!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I guess I'm in the majority, I love it........

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Here's some pictures from 7/8/14

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

tigercannon71 wrote:Whats up with they black lines running around the outside? Where they thinking of putting soccer lines on the field?
I'd say the black lines represent the restricted area around the field where no one should be allowed to stand.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

No one is saying the field looks terrible. I am def not saying that, I think it's a great upgrade. I just wish more thought was put into the design of the field. I find when I'm working on projects for high schools (college has their own graphic artists and guidelines) they tend to have terrible imaginations. So many things can be done to improve a facility and turf on the field is an upgrade in itself. People are happy but honestly if you would have hired a graphic artist to design a new Tiger for midfield and stepped back and sat in the seat to make sure how well it can be seen they would have not chose this tiger. Sorry to keep beating a dead horse when it's down but people keep saying how nice it is. It's little things that make a school above the rest. I believe color choices and outside design is strong, just needed something over the top in my opinion.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

RutterKickballer wrote:Wow! This is TRULY awesome!

We got a call at Trimble today inviting us to play in the 1st Annual Ironton Soccer Jamboree this fall. We can't wait to come down.
Guy's Soccer lines can be installed very quickly! OHSAA might want to have regional soccer!

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

BlindWhiteHat wrote:
tigercannon71 wrote:Whats up with they black lines running around the outside? Where they thinking of putting soccer lines on the field?
I'd say the black lines represent the restricted area around the field where no one should be allowed to stand.

That could be it, but it looks like the same lines going around Peakes field representing the out of bounds for a soccer field.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

JS7_22 wrote:No one is saying the field looks terrible. I am def not saying that, I think it's a great upgrade. I just wish more thought was put into the design of the field. I find when I'm working on projects for high schools (college has their own graphic artists and guidelines) they tend to have terrible imaginations. So many things can be done to improve a facility and turf on the field is an upgrade in itself. People are happy but honestly if you would have hired a graphic artist to design a new Tiger for midfield and stepped back and sat in the seat to make sure how well it can be seen they would have not chose this tiger. Sorry to keep beating a dead horse when it's down but people keep saying how nice it is. It's little things that make a school above the rest. I believe color choices and outside design is strong, just needed something over the top in my opinion.

Exactly.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

When they are finished with the black fencing with the orange plastic tubing (elbow rests) on top of the fence surrounding the field, it will really look cool. Big decorative piece. Nelsonville's field has that orange tubing on their fence. Their field looks cool as well with all the orange highlights. Really pretty field Ironton fans, enjoy it.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Now that the field is pretty much done, will the scoreboard be moved or go back in the same spot it's always been?

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

ohbuckeye2 wrote:Now that the field is pretty much done, will the scoreboard be moved or go back in the same spot it's always been?
good question.........guess we will have to wait and see............

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

ohbuckeye2 wrote:Now that the field is pretty much done, will the scoreboard be moved or go back in the same spot it's always been?
I do hope some thought goes into that. Where it was before the visitors had a hard time seeing it. Not sure where it should be but I hope they put it in a central location so it can be seen by everyone.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

RiverRatRay wrote:
I do hope some thought goes into that. Where it was before the visitors had a hard time seeing it. Not sure where it should be but I hope they put it in a central location so it can be seen by everyone.
Ray, the ideal thing would be to add another scoreboard and if that is not feasible there is only one spot that would be ideal for the home side and the visitor side and that is to locate it behind and above the goal post or maybe on the back of the bus barn........just a dream on my part.............. :) :)

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Guy's are they installing play clocks?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

that's what I was getting ready to ask shine.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Those would be nice.

RoadMan
Riding the Bench

Post by RoadMan »

After looking at the mid-field logo, I wondered if there is a requirement for a solid 50 yd line.

With that said, very few, if any fields, have a continuous line through the mid-field/50 yd line.

Perhaps one of the officiating members of the site may offer some input.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

Yard lines shouldn't be obstructed. They should have the "shadow lines" built into the design.

TheToe
Waterboy

Post by TheToe »

Here's an interesting video of the installation of Fieldturf at Notre Dame Stadium. Not scheduled to be completed until Aug. 15th, but entertaining just the same.

http://irish.nbcsports.com/2014/07/10/w ... -progress/

Return to “Football”