A solution to the SEOAL-PVC problem

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

Re: A solution to the SEOAL-PVC problem

Post by Jakefromstatefarm »

The only school I could see as a possibility for the PVC is Barnesville, and that's been discussed over and over. All these other's that are getting thrown out there just don't make sense to me. Crooksville? Warren? Meadowbrook? Belpre? They're either to big, or to far of a drive.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Really Belpre is not that far away?

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

Post by Jakefromstatefarm »

EasternDspy wrote:Really Belpre is not that far away?
Maybe not from Beverly, but it's a roughly 1 hour and 20 min trip from Woodsfield, over an hour from Buckeye Trail. Would the school's really want to add trips like those? The financial side of things come into play here, not just the sports side.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Feel like River was a horrible trip for some schools.

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

EasternDspy wrote:Feel like River was a horrible trip for some schools.
Never could grasp why River ever joined the PVC in the first place. I think the Pilots stayed in it for 10 years, won some football titles, boys hoops, etc., but those road trips had to be agonizing for their fans.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

River never won a PVC title in bball they did split a few football titles.

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

I thought River won it a couple years ago when they advanced to the D4 Regional? Or at least tied for PVC title.

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

I thought River won it a couple years ago when they advanced to the D4 Regional? Or at least tied for PVC title.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

No Fort Frye won the league with Kyle Schwendeman, Shon Smith, and Zach Eddy they did split reg season tho but I believe Fort Frye beat them by a game.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

EasternDspy wrote:Fort Frye is doing a lot better then some of these schools in the area plus Fort Frye has way nicer facilities then Waterford.
I question this statement.

The outside sports facilities at FF are somewhat better than Waterford's, but overall building facilities at Waterford surpass FF and FF has some nice school buildings.

Frankly, if I were a new resident with school age children moving into Washington County, I would pick Waterford over all the other Washington County school districts in terms of a better educational enviroment.

JMHO

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

WHAT? Fort Frye has a fantastic gym that was just all re-done , a better football and baseball field. Also they have a sweet weight room , field house , and brand new track. Anyone that is seriously thinks that Fort Frye would split into the other schools before they combined with Waterford is wrong in my opinion. No reason to have 2 schools 1 mile apart in a rural area. Waterford might be in great shape financially but it's still a public school.Higher ups more important then all of us is going to make this choice and I personally think it happens with I'm 5-10 years.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

What higher ups? Waterford would never choose to be absorbed by FF. The state isn't going to say, "FF can't handle itself so we are going to give Waterford to them." And there is otherwise no reason to shut Waterford down. Sorry, you are crazy.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

No the state is going to look at it like why fund 2 high schools 1 mile apart. Also FF is not struggling.

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

EasternDspy wrote:No the state is going to look at it like why fund 2 high schools 1 mile apart. Also FF is not struggling.
the central district is like that and they fund them, until one of your districts starts to go under they will do nothing

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

enigmaax wrote:What higher ups? Waterford would never choose to be absorbed by FF. The state isn't going to say, "FF can't handle itself so we are going to give Waterford to them." And there is otherwise no reason to shut Waterford down. Sorry, you are crazy.

Back in the early 60s, the state told the 5 high schools in Vinton County that they could either consolidate and form one county school, or they would be split up amongst the neighboring county high schools. No if ands or buts. The state has the power to cut off a school. Like it or not. And believe me, the 5 county high schools were against any changes.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Dundas wrote:
enigmaax wrote:What higher ups? Waterford would never choose to be absorbed by FF. The state isn't going to say, "FF can't handle itself so we are going to give Waterford to them." And there is otherwise no reason to shut Waterford down. Sorry, you are crazy.

Back in the early 60s, the state told the 5 high schools in Vinton County that they could either consolidate and form one county school, or they would be split up amongst the neighboring county high schools. No if ands or buts. The state has the power to cut off a school. Like it or not. And believe me, the 5 county high schools were against any changes.
Please elaborate on those circumstances. Considering VC is one of the worst economic counties in the state, that isn't surprising. But it is a completely different situation. Waterford is not in danger of state intervention. There have been public news articles about FF within the last 3-4 years that allude to the state being concerned. I think they will be fine, but they are not nearly as stable as Waterford.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

They are not going to get rid of the bigger school just like that Waterford is a small school and like it or not if the state wanted them combined they would combined regardless of Waterford wants it or not.

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

EasternDspy wrote:They are not going to get rid of the bigger school just like that Waterford is a small school and like it or not if the state wanted them combined they would combined regardless of Waterford wants it or not.
My money would be on Waterford going private before consolidating with FF

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Waterford going private? This is stupid I'm done talking about it.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

they could always move in the charter school direction, it happened in my county in Pa

Return to “Football”