Portsmouth West Football 2014

The Oaf
SEO

Re: Portsmouth West Football 2014

Post by The Oaf »

West Side Pride wrote:The Senator mascot is dressed as George Washington when he was in charge of the continental army during the Revolutionary War. Washington High School in Washington
township was named after him. That's the reason for the mascots uniform. All of which we originated from before Friendship and dry run were added to the district. I also hope its a rumor!!
Glad to see someone paid attention in history class at Friendship School! :lol: BTW WSP, any word on the other athletic teams having to adopt this new logo too? I third the notion of hoping this is a rumor also but ultimately the uniform is not going to be the deciding factor on how well the team plays. The philosophy of "keep it simple stupid" should come into play here.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

I did have to ask my son how to spell continental just to be sure, he graduates from college in a month unlike me.......I'm blue collar all the way!! Also was an Ace (if you know the reference). Also a lot of other folks are not to crazy about the Trojan helmet or Spartan, or Marvin the Martian or whatever it is. It don't really matter, never happen, Portsmouth will be in the SOC first.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

West Side Pride wrote:I did have to ask my son how to spell continental just to be sure, he graduates from college in a month unlike me.......I'm blue collar all the way!! Also was an Ace (if you know the reference). Also a lot of other folks are not to crazy about the Trojan helmet or Spartan, or Marvin the Martian or whatever it is. It don't really matter, never happen, Portsmouth will be in the SOC first.
Haha, fair enough. And yes I certainly understand the Ace reference! :lol: I wouldn't imagine the folks on the West Side taking too kindly to the "PHS look" myself. I find it hard to believe that the BOE would let the new guy come in and totally give the school mascot a facelift before he ever steps on the field. I think there has to be more to this story. Time will tell.

Sider_PC
Riding the Bench

Post by Sider_PC »

Blue Devil , to answer your question.....None of the ones who were on the staff were interviewed.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

West Side Pride wrote:Image
Just change the colors to red and blue and become the Patriots....lol

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

I like WEST SIDE. Also like Senators. Dont like any of the Spartan/Trojan look alikes.

Gallipolis Blue Devil
Riding the Bench

Post by Gallipolis Blue Devil »

The Oaf wrote:
Gallipolis Blue Devil wrote:Do you know if any of them were interviewed for the assistant coaching positions?
You don't get your West info at OSCO do you??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No I am retired Principle and my information comes from the district school system located in Portsmouth and West Portsmouth. By the way what does OSCO have to do with West?

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Gallipolis Blue Devil wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
Gallipolis Blue Devil wrote:Do you know if any of them were interviewed for the assistant coaching positions?
No I am retired Principle and my information comes from the district school system located in Portsmouth and West Portsmouth. By the way what does OSCO have to do with West?
You've gotta be kidding right? Oh yeah, it is April Fools Day, you almost had me there! Well played! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Gallipolis Blue Devil wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
I am not too surprised, but you would think that a retired principal would know how to spell his previous job title....

West Side Pride
All Conference

4th n Goal wrote:
West Side Pride wrote:Image
Just change the colors to red and blue and become the Patriots....lol

That's really clever!! I bet a lot of thought went into that comment. But why be a private or patriot when we can be the commander-in-chief? You did know it was the same uniform didn't ya?? 5th n goal

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

West Side Pride wrote:That's really clever!! I bet a lot of thought went into that comment. But why be a private or patriot when we can be the commander-in-chief? You did know it was the same uniform didn't ya?? 5th n goal
And Senators and Siders are way below the level of commander in chief, right WorstSidePride?

West Side Pride
All Conference

Still above a Pirate

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

West Side Pride wrote:Still above a Pirate
I know a lot of "Pirates" that have spent quite a bit of time on their backs! Cuties too! :122249 :122249

Slew72
Riding the Bench

Post by Slew72 »

4th n Goal wrote:
West Side Pride wrote:That's really clever!! I bet a lot of thought went into that comment. But why be a private or patriot when we can be the commander-in-chief? You did know it was the same uniform didn't ya?? 5th n goal
And Senators and Siders are way below the level of commander in chief, right WorstSidePride?
WorstSidePride, I like that. Nice ring to it!

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Slew72 wrote:
4th n Goal wrote:
Not as nice of a ring as McDermott Mouthbreather though! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

And we're off. How long till this thread gets shut down also?

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

West Side Pride wrote:Still above a Pirate
funny stuff right there folks.

Slew72
Riding the Bench

Post by Slew72 »

And Senators and Siders are way below the level of commander in chief, right WorstSidePride?[/quote]
WorstSidePride, I like that. Nice ring to it![/quote]

Not as nice of a ring as McDermott Mouthbreather though! :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]
Good one Loaf, too bad i'm not from McDermott!!!

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Slew72 wrote:And Senators and Siders are way below the level of commander in chief, right WorstSidePride?
WorstSidePride, I like that. Nice ring to it![/quote]

Not as nice of a ring as McDermott Mouthbreather though! :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]
Good one Loaf, too bad i'm not from McDermott!!![/quote]

Maybe not, but you're obviously a NW "fan" and post on their threads accordingly which still implies the same thing.

Learn how to quote mouthbreather......

Slew72
Riding the Bench

Post by Slew72 »

The Oaf wrote:
Slew72 wrote:And Senators and Siders are way below the level of commander in chief, right WorstSidePride?
Good one Loaf, too bad i'm not from McDermott!!![/quote]

Maybe not, but you're obviously a NW "fan" and post on their threads accordingly which still implies the same thing.

Learn how to quote mouthbreather......[/quote]
Maybe so Loaf, but you still live on the Worst Side! :cry:

Return to “Football”