Portsmouth 2014

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Re: Portsmouth 2014

Post by trojandave »

battlecats: The reason that there is virtually no talk of Portsmouth football is because in the last 6 years, the Trojans have gone 18-42, with only 1 winning season and no playoffs during this time. I have talked to a number of loyal Trojan fans who are discouraged after so much losing. Winning always creates more talk on message boards, and when Portsmouth's gridiron fortunes take a turn for the better, there will be more banter on SEOPS.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

trojandave wrote:battlecats: The reason that there is virtually no talk of Portsmouth football is because in the last 6 years, the Trojans have gone 18-42, with only 1 winning season and no playoffs during this time. I have talked to a number of loyal Trojan fans who are discouraged after so much losing. Winning always creates more talk on message boards, and when Portsmouth's gridiron fortunes take a turn for the better, there will be more banter on SEOPS.

True. True. Think there will be big improvement this year.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Anyone been down to see the Trojans since practice has started up? Interested in hearing how many kids came out, and what the team is looking like. Season is almost here!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Portsmouth trojan59: I've been to a couple of practices, and have talked to Coach Sparks. He told me that the Trojans are physically stronger this year, which is very good to hear. As far as numbers, I would say the numbers are slightly up overall. Just watching practice, though, makes it hard to evaluate the team. I do know that RB Darion Robinson looks completely healthy, and that will be a huge plus for the Trojan offense.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Thanks for the update trojandave, good to hear Robinson is healthy, the Trojans will for sure count on him in the running game. Glad to hear the numbers are up & the kids are physically stronger. That's been a bit of a problem in recent years, we have just been overmatched by bigger stronger teams. The speed and talent are there so hopefully the kids had a nice offseason weight and conditioning program and it will show on the field against other teams. Can't wait for week 1.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Seen some very interesting new uniforms for the Trojans.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I HOPE THE MIGHTY TROJANS WIN EVERY GAME EXCEPT THE IRONTON GAME

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

How long are they expecting Sky to be sidelined?

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

Didn't even know he was hurt

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

As far as I know Sky isn't injured, maybe you're thinking of his brother Ty who has a broken arm?

ridgerunner
Freshman Team

Post by ridgerunner »

Week one is going to be a dandy!! Portsmouth looked good at the preview.

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

The injury mentioned is to Ty Oliver, Sky's brother. I don't know how long he will be out, but hopefully he can return soon. Ty is a hard nosed football player. I am excited to see what Sky can do at QB, considering he threw for 1,500 yards and rushed for 400 in just half a season as a starter last year. If the Trojans D can hold opponents to under 20 PPG, Portsmouth will make a serious push for the postseason. Despite going 3-7 last year, PHS still finished in the top 15 in the computer.

GO TROJANS!!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

trojandave wrote:The injury mentioned is to Ty Oliver, Sky's brother. I don't know how long he will be out, but hopefully he can return soon. Ty is a hard nosed football player. I am excited to see what Sky can do at QB, considering he threw for 1,500 yards and rushed for 400 in just half a season as a starter last year. If the Trojans D can hold opponents to under 20 PPG, Portsmouth will make a serious push for the postseason. Despite going 3-7 last year, PHS still finished in the top 15 in the computer.

GO TROJANS!!
Sky has great vision of the field, it's amazing how he manages to find someone to catch the ball even when he's scrambling around under pressure. I think the Trojans are going to have a pretty good year from what I seen at the Previews and knowing what they have back this Season.

Return to “Football”