Coach Bart Reportedly Leaves Gallipolis

bballmaniac
Waterboy

Coach Bart Reportedly Leaves Gallipolis

Post by bballmaniac »

Been seeing a couple things on twitter from this years seniors and some current players in the Gallia Academy football program that coach Bart has decided to step down as head coach of the Blue Devils. I guess the players could be a legitimate source, but has anyone heard any truth to this rumor?

Blue Duck
Freshman Team

Re: Coach Bart Reportedly Leaves Gallipolis

Post by Blue Duck »

I heard he applied and was offered the Bloom Carrol job.

dewdrinker
Freshman Team

Post by dewdrinker »

Not sure where but did hear its official as to if or not. Wish him the best.

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

WOW! One and done, what happened? Thought Blue Devil Nation felt he was a slam dunk hire?

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

oh my bballinfool whats going on at GA

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Hate to see Bart go but Gallia likes smash mouth football. Good Luck Bart!

gobigblue12
Freshman Team

Post by gobigblue12 »

if they don't hire coach penrod, it would be an absolute travesty for the whole program.
He has the pedigree and success to show for it...and kids WANT to play for him.
If they go in another direction you'll have more kids looking to transfer then what is presumed to happen.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

Well i am surprised but wish coach Bart best of luck. I said last year i thought Penrod was a good candidate and i would still think so. But i am not sure if you polled the boys that he would be first choice out of the coaches currently on staff. For next years seniors i hope they stay in house though. But what needs to be done is what is good for long term of program. next years team is going to struggle no matter who the coach is. 5-5 would be a very successful year next year. i thought that with or without coaching change.

After next year though this team should be competitive for awhile a lot of coach Eddy's ground work just coming into the program as far as attracting more numbers.

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

Why Penrod? I believed he is a front runner for Alexander unless he backs out.

TigerBacker#1
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerBacker#1 »

Penrod wants to coach Gallia. Alexander High School is looking elsewhere. Penrod is a leader and can get these kids to play for him. No better choice at the Academy.

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

If he wants to be at Gallia why has he been applying for every head job for the past two years? In my opinion he is not ready or someone else would have hired him by now.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Penrod probably wants to be a head coach and with the open at Gallipolis I would say he would stay. If he doesn't get it .......wanting to be a head coach will take him somewhere else.

TigerBacker#1
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerBacker#1 »

Grad you have cleared it up. Maybe it would be better to hire a coach with no ambition who would just want to sit on his hands and never want to improve himself. You also need to know facts before you post. But facts never get in the way of a good post.

I am guessing in your career you never were interested in any kind of a promotion.

gobigblue12
Freshman Team

Post by gobigblue12 »

GalliaGrad89 wrote:If he wants to be at Gallia why has he been applying for every head job for the past two years? In my opinion he is not ready or someone else would have hired him by now.
i was told Alexander offered him the job, but turned it down knowing this one was going to be open

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

So he must be pretty sure he's getting the job if he turned it down.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Wow.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

who never saw this one coming with how most of the parents treated him with the late season collapse this past fall. well the biggest part of the talent is gone along with the coach. wasn't penrod coaching the defense last year? the defense is what was horrible. but remember it's always the coaches fault and I think that penrod knows what talent is left is not likely to be much over .500 with great coaching and the patsy schedule

galliagrad89
Freshman Team

Post by galliagrad89 »

Bevo wrote:who never saw this one coming with how most of the parents treated him with the late season collapse this past fall. well the biggest part of the talent is gone along with the coach. wasn't penrod coaching the defense last year? the defense is what was horrible. but remember it's always the coaches fault and I think that penrod knows what talent is left is not likely to be much over .500 with great coaching and the patsy schedule
Agreed

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

Penrod will be the next coach. Mark it down! I have seen his name all over this site for different job opportunities so now its time to see if the guy can do it!

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Since we are now dealing with facts here is one for you all... The only person that knows why he left is coach Bart himself.... I would be guessing when I say Coach Bart probably left over some non football issues... Is Bloom Carroll really an upgrade, maybe it is???? Someone mentioned we want a coach with ambition, so we need to find a coach whose ambition is to be head coach at GAHS... There must be a lot of coaches around the state with no ambition because they stay at one school for many, many years... LOL... We have seen to many times what happens when we hire out of program.... I am neutral on Penrod but he has ties with the program that go back to the Boko days... So maybe its time to give him a chance....

Return to “Football”