Warren Job

ballr4peake
Waterboy

Re: Warren Job

Post by ballr4peake »

I have a feeling nothing will be decided until after the levy results may 6th. If it passes they will be able to be creative and flexible with hiring. If it fails, don't expect a big splash of a hire.

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

Is there going to be a coached hired before the end of the school year? I would hate to be the guy that has to come into that program and try to get those kids in shape for next season. Those kids have lost 5 months of weight and speed training!

ballr4peake
Waterboy

Post by ballr4peake »

Judging by some of the comments attached to the article in the Marietta Times regarding the school board addressing the needs of passing a levy, it doesn't seem like it will pass. It is the voters' choice to vote it down. That is what is great about living in a democratic republic. As it relates to football and athletics, however, the saying "you get what you pay for" applies here. Can't attract anyone who is looking to be totally invested in the community and football program when there are no jobs. So you get a "fill-in" coach only to be looking for another coach in a year or two. Good luck with that if you are someone who votes no on the levy and also wants a "great" football program. Many people think that way.

ballr4peake
Waterboy

Post by ballr4peake »

or perhaps no one cares??????????????????????????? pretty sad, I think Warren has some good athletes to work with. Either no one on this site cares or everyone is being silent.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Can you say basketball school?

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

athens78 wrote:Can you say basketball school?
Don't think so. Between football and basketball, basketball has cycled to the top.

Warren has good athletes in every sport, boys and girls.

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

Should be a good job, but it won't be till they hire a quality coach they can keep. They also need to pass the levy, but I doubt that will happen.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Could be a very good football school with the right Head Coach and staff with support but why awake a sleeping dog!

redandgreen10
Riding the Bench

Post by redandgreen10 »

Coach Fish from Alexander was at lifting last night. Told boys he was assistant but might be head coach. Really! There has been no decision who is head coach but bring on an assistant without a head coach making that decision who is on his staff. Unprecedented behavior at best. Good luck with this!

ballr4peake
Waterboy

Post by ballr4peake »

is he a teacher, or going to be a teacher?

ballr4peake
Waterboy

Post by ballr4peake »

also, do we have a real name??? First and last name????? or is his legal name coach fish?

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

What I dont understand is why does the levy keep getting turned down? Doesnt the community want the best for their kids? Last time I saw Warren's facilities they were in horrible shape, and how can you have any money to bring in teachers. Sounds like a bad set up all around, feel sorry for the kids.

ballr4peake
Waterboy

Post by ballr4peake »

uh.......the levy passed

ballr4peake
Waterboy

Post by ballr4peake »

what I don't like is that people post crap on here with not viable information. So fish from alexander was at lifting? what the hell does that mean? no one has a name for this guy or knows if he teaches, or will teach, or anything. gather info first then make an intelligent post

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

howdyduty28 wrote:what I don't like is that people post crap on here with not viable information. So fish from alexander was at lifting? what the hell does that mean? no one has a name for this guy or knows if he teaches, or will teach, or anything. gather info first then make an intelligent post
I thought "Fish from Alexander" gave up coaching football so he could work with his son on basketball skills? Something about being tired of coaching other people's kids... Or was that the other guy? :mrgreen:

ballr4peake
Waterboy

Post by ballr4peake »

other guy....Arno.....interestingly he took a head coach job up north couple months ago. My question is if there was a head coaching opening at Alexander, which is now filled, why didn't fish put in for that?

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

howdyduty28 wrote:other guy....Arno.....interestingly he took a head coach job up north couple months ago. My question is if there was a head coaching opening at Alexander, which is now filled, why didn't fish put in for that?
Great question...

bigbluedad
Freshman Team

Post by bigbluedad »

This is a shame, I have heard from a few of the boys and they are to the point of not caring one way or the other if they get a coach and some are talking of not playing or switching sports all together.

Wings Teaford
Freshman Team

Post by Wings Teaford »

Have Lemely call me. I am not coaching right now and I think I could get it done for y'all.

blackshooky
All Conference

Post by blackshooky »

The General wrote:Who is Fish from Alexander?
may be codfish from down east dickering :lol:

Return to “Football”