Freshman Team

Re: Minford 2014

Post by 28Buck »

Heard Andy Dalton will be helping the QB's as well

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Anonymous_Falcon_Fan »

Well since you all are sharing some "insightful ideas", how about this suggestion....Bring in Mike Martz as OC. After all, he was responsible for Kurt Warner and The Greatest Show on Turf............

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

:122245

pappy
Freshman Team

Post by pappy »

whats with the jokes,minford got anything this year :?:

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

Minford stock has risen the last several years since daniels has taken over let the man coach, no matter who is the coach you will always second guess

High Plains Drifter
Freshman Team

Post by High Plains Drifter »

Great point 99, Daniels and team will be fine.

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

ohiostbucks99 wrote:Minford stock has risen the last several years since daniels has taken over let the man coach, no matter who is the coach you will always second guess

LOL!!! Not really!!! Do you think Wheelersburg or Portsmouth is "second-guessing" going to a no-huddle spread??

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan wrote:
ohiostbucks99 wrote:Minford stock has risen the last several years since daniels has taken over let the man coach, no matter who is the coach you will always second guess

LOL!!! Not really!!! Do you think Wheelersburg or Portsmouth is "second-guessing" going to a no-huddle spread??
Are you seriously saying Minford should go to the no huddle spread? Did you watch the meltdown this past season when they tried that? They should have another good Oline this year....line up and run the ball.

And the last time I checked Minford drilled Portsmouth this past season.....it could have been a 50 pt game if Minford wouldnt have called off the dogs. So maybe Portsmouth IS second guessing. Eddie Miller made the spread work at Burg. Without a very dynamic QB, it doesnt work.

big-train
Freshman Team

Post by big-train »

:)

B0UNCE
Riding the Bench

Post by B0UNCE »

What is Minford's record over SOC teams since Daniels took over?

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

Badboy wrote:

Are you seriously saying Minford should go to the no huddle spread? Did you watch the meltdown this past season when they tried that? They should have another good Oline this year....line up and run the ball.

And the last time I checked Minford drilled Portsmouth this past season.....it could have been a 50 pt game if Minford wouldnt have called off the dogs. So maybe Portsmouth IS second guessing. Eddie Miller made the spread work at Burg. Without a very dynamic QB, it doesnt work.
Minford needs to stay in the weight room(they don't need me to tell them) and forget the special effects. I agree Badboy.They have some outstanding players. Is the Justice kid a returner? How many seniors will Falcons bring back that are impact players?

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Whichever offense they decide upon, I hope they stick with it 100% and not go jumping back in fourth between styles. Other teams easily know what you're up to when you do that.

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Badboy wrote:

For the record, I NEVER said that Minford should go directly to no-huddle. But I have recently made it a point that they should try something slightly different on offense, since it has been the EXACT S.O.S. for the last 4 years. And no, Burg and Portsmouth are and will not be second-guessing going to No-Huddle. I also will say that it's amazing how an offense can operate when it spreads a defense out a little...... :122249 Hard to run against 10 defenders in the box.

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

B0UNCE wrote:What is Minford's record over SOC teams since Daniels took over?

Under Daniels, Minford Football is 52-24 overall, including:

7-0 vs. Northwest, 5-2 vs. Waverly, 4-3 vs. Valley, 3-4 vs. West, 1-7 vs. Wheelersburg, 1-5 in Playoffs

big_fella
Freshman Team

Post by big_fella »

DANIELS is 4-4 against valley but he has turned this program around from almost nothing and Minford had the athletes to throw the ball to and someone to throw every kind of pass consistently im sure they would consider it but this coming up year we are going to be young in the skill spots so I believe they will go with what got them to where they are and what the kids know and that's a strong running game not the spread. and nothing against Portsmouth but what kind of success did they have with the spread? and burg did what they had to do with what they had smaller quick lineman perfect for the spread and good 4 to 5 route running backs and a dang good quarterback im sure if they had the big backs and huge lines of the past they would've been right back with the double tight T they have ran since big ED.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

^ Daniels is 4-3 (Minford) vs. Valley

10/26/07 H Valley, W 41-0;
10/24/08 A Valley, W 10-7;
10/30/09 H Valley, W 28-21, Minford SOCII Champ;
10/29/10 A Valley, W 7-6;
10/28/11 A Valley, L 38-13, Valley SOCII Champ;
10/26/12 H Valley, L 7-0, Valley SOCII Champ;
11/1/13 H Valley, L 31-41, Valley SOCII Champ.

per Joeeitel.com

big_fella
Freshman Team

Post by big_fella »

Yes 4-3 my mistake

big_fella
Freshman Team

Post by big_fella »

Yes 4-3 my mistake

Ol_BoyMF
Waterboy

Post by Ol_BoyMF »

piguet boy not playing

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Ol_BoyMF wrote:piguet boy not playing
I have heard back and forth on him as to whether he wanted to play soccer or football.

Return to “Football”