Re: Minford 2014

Post by local superstar »

:roll:

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan wrote:
Ok. I will get straight to my point of what I believe needs to happen. If we DO NOT at least tweak our offense just a little bit, then our results at the end of the year WILL NOT get any better (in other words, I do not see any more SOC titles or playoff wins in our FUTURE with our current offensive philosophy). So yes, to answer your question, I do agree that Daniels and company have made the program better over these last 7 years, but I am also talking about the future results of Minford Football. It somehow has evolve a little. And I do admit, I am being a little greedy about this, but that's because I want MORE for the football program.
Do you think there is something wrong with having an expectation to win?

In regards to the being greedy comment: Being greedy has nothing to do with it. If telling the kids/ players there is an expectation to win, then it starts at the top and trickles down. That's why you play the game. The attitude of being fat and happy with status quo and saying, "Well at least we're better than we used to be," will have you finishing at the bottom again. That is a piss poor attitude to say the least. The last 3 yrs we've been non-competitive in the SOCII finishing in the middle to bottom half. Winning the SOCII should be the first goal and then everything will fall into place. There's is nothing wrong with expecting to win and it's not being greedy my friends.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

The expectation to win has to start within the community first and stay there. It has been done before, and it can be accomplished again.

armchaircoach
Waterboy

Post by armchaircoach »

I think a lot of people will be surprised by the Falcons wing-T this year. New faces, and different running styles from the backs and Q B than seen in the past. Should be a good year for the Falcons , if like all teams in Scioto county, they stay healthy and focused. Daniels and his staff do A good job of utilizing the tools they have, and I would think the community is behind him 100%.

MClaw
Freshman Team

Post by MClaw »

They will beat the teams they are expected to beat and lose to the teams they are expected to lose too ( 'burg and Valley). IF they make the playoffs they will lose the first game because a team could watch tape from 5 years ago and beat them. Nothing has changed.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Don't agree with Mcclaw At All . POET

big_fella
Freshman Team

Post by big_fella »

MClaw wrote:They will beat the teams they are expected to beat and lose to the teams they are expected to lose too ( 'burg and Valley). IF they make the playoffs they will lose the first game because a team could watch tape from 5 years ago and beat them. Nothing has changed.
Take this somewhere else please! How is valley one we are suppose to lose coach D has a winning record against valley?

little doggy
Freshman Team

Post by little doggy »

Mclaw you need to stay in your world of peewee sports , you are probably one of those dads that beats his chest and says my son is a D1 player . :122246

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Charles Farquar wrote:Love to watch a well executing Wing T team, even if it's Minford. Its a thing of discipline, precision and beauty. I like the ability of being able take a team of lesser size and talent and drilling them to be able to execute enough to run a better team off the field. Then if you have tough hard nosed kids, it's even better. It's a sequence system, with a lot of answers to what a defense is doing. A defensive end squeezes down to stop the fullback down play and sets himself up for the wingback blocking down on him in the buck sweep. Play action passes for every series, the passes feed off defensive secondary reactions. Like the book says it's not a bunch of random plays it's an ORDER OF FOOTBALL. Another thing to think about, you see a lot of spread teams who are not very good on defense, matter of fact, some of them are down right soft. Teams that are hard nosed running teams more often than not have a carry over to defense, you see some hard hitting on those teams.
I appreciate that post. The wing-t is a great system that has stood the test of time. Minford runs the system very well...ask Loveland what the wing-t can do...or maybe ask Glenville

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

MClaw wrote:They will beat the teams they are expected to beat and lose to the teams they are expected to lose too ( 'burg and Valley). IF they make the playoffs they will lose the first game because a team could watch tape from 5 years ago and beat them. Nothing has changed.
You could argue that beating these teams has to do more to do with mindset and execution than an offensive system/plays. After all, there are two other phases of the game. Burg and Valley have been doing very similar things in recent seasons (only the last 2 for burg) and it has worked for them. Ironton did the same thing for 30 years, Wayne (Wv) has been doing the same thing(wing-t) since Harmon has been there. Its all execution and adjustments.

If Minford can get over the hump of beating teams they ordinarily don't (like valley has), then they will be fine...you have to remember, they recently started being a consistently good team in recent years. Burg and Valley have been winning for 20+

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Charles Farquar wrote:Love to watch a well executing Wing T team, even if it's Minford. Its a thing of discipline, precision and beauty. I like the ability of being able take a team of lesser size and talent and drilling them to be able to execute enough to run a better team off the field. Then if you have tough hard nosed kids, it's even better. It's a sequence system, with a lot of answers to what a defense is doing. A defensive end squeezes down to stop the fullback down play and sets himself up for the wingback blocking down on him in the buck sweep. Play action passes for every series, the passes feed off defensive secondary reactions. Like the book says it's not a bunch of random plays it's an ORDER OF FOOTBALL. Another thing to think about, you see a lot of spread teams who are not very good on defense, matter of fact, some of them are down right soft. Teams that are hard nosed running teams more often than not have a carry over to defense, you see some hard hitting on those teams.
Best post of this page...when it it is understood by the players and executed well, it can be astonishingly successful offensive scheme.

big-train
Freshman Team

Post by big-train »

mclaw with a post like that tell us who you are I am sure the the staff would love to take a few notes on the "howto" on getting done what you are talking about :roll:

big-train
Freshman Team

Post by big-train »

some of you guys are unreal ...you know who you are
like the saying goes if the shoe fits wear it

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Anonymous_Falcon_Fan »

WOW!!! NOW THERE'S SOMEBODY THAT GETS IT!!!!! :12224

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Same can be said for valley they have ran the same system and plays for awhile now but when any system is ran well it's hard to stop valley has just been the most balanced team around strong offense and a strong defense minford can win with the wingt with the oline they had I don't know how they ever lost a game this year the soc is wide open everyone lost so much I still think valley might be the favorite returning their qb

MClaw
Freshman Team

Post by MClaw »

little doggy wrote:Mclaw you need to stay in your world of peewee sports , you are probably one of those dads that beats his chest and says my son is a D1 player . :122246
Pump your brakes doggy! Just using the eye test. I've sat through nearly every game for the past decade and I can tell what plays they are going to run and by no means am I a football genius. Trust me, I want to see Minford win just like everybody else on this thread but it kills me that nobody else sees what I see. FYI, I would rather my sons not play football when they get to high school.

little doggy
Freshman Team

Post by little doggy »

Don't think anyone would lose any sleep over it :122246

big_fella
Freshman Team

Post by big_fella »

That's a shame... :(

MClaw
Freshman Team

Post by MClaw »

little doggy wrote:Don't think anyone would lose any sleep over it :122246
Ouch! Why you are taking this so personal? Does your life revolve around this football program? If so that is sad. Everybody on this site has their own opinions and likes to share them (that's why they're on here), so if you are offended by any thought that is different than your own you might as well log off now. That being said I wish nothing but the best for my Mighty Minford Falcons this upcoming season. I truly hope I am wrong in my assessment.

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Anonymous_Falcon_Fan »

MClaw wrote:
little doggy wrote:Mclaw you need to stay in your world of peewee sports , you are probably one of those dads that beats his chest and says my son is a D1 player . :122246
Pump your brakes doggy! Just using the eye test. I've sat through nearly every game for the past decade and I can tell what plays they are going to run and by no means am I a football genius. Trust me, I want to see Minford win just like everybody else on this thread but it kills me that nobody else sees what I see. FYI, I would rather my sons not play football when they get to high school.

MClaw, it's quite obvious with my posts on this thread that I can see what you see.

Return to “Football”