Minford 2014

vladimir
S

Re: Minford 2014

Post by vladimir »

!
Last edited by vladimir on Mon May 19, 2014 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

big-train wrote:no I understood you perfectly,but what you and a lot of fans want too see is a balanced attack,in a perfect world that would happen coaches in this county don't have the pick of the litter so again a coach will go with what he knows and go with it and try to get good at it
for the most part and there has been a few exceptions,the majority of teams around here are either run heavy or pass heavy rarely will you ever even see a 60-40 distribution
ps you should been a fan in the late 80s early 90s then you would have something to rant about ;-)
While this is true and I understand what you're saying here; however, I don't think people should be so set in their ways that they don't assess the talent they have and utilize it. Also, willingness to learn new approaches and ideas is never a bad thing.

Tony Lewis who coached at Wheelersburg a few years back was very good at this.

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Anonymous_Falcon_Fan »

Vladimir wrote:
big-train wrote:no I understood you perfectly,but what you and a lot of fans want too see is a balanced attack,in a perfect world that would happen coaches in this county don't have the pick of the litter so again a coach will go with what he knows and go with it and try to get good at it
for the most part and there has been a few exceptions,the majority of teams around here are either run heavy or pass heavy rarely will you ever even see a 60-40 distribution
ps you should been a fan in the late 80s early 90s then you would have something to rant about ;-)
While this is true and I understand what you're saying here; however, I don't think people should be so set in their ways that they don't assess the talent they have and utilize it. Also, willingness to learn new approaches and ideas is never a bad thing.

Tony Lewis who coached at Wheelersburg a few years back was very good at this.

big-train:
1.) Who cares about the 80's and 90's. Obviously, the game has greatly evolved since then.

2.) What you're now saying is that Minford hasn't had the talent to do other such things on offense? I completely disagree!!! Over these last 7 years, and with the exception of 2011, Minford has had plenty good enough QB's and WR's/RB's to throw the ball to (oh, and good o-lines to protect the QB also).

3.) Your offense can still be balanced @ a run-pass ratio of 70-30 (although I personally prefer around 65-35).

Vladimir:
Tony Lewis was great at adapting his offense to his talent, but how about what Rob Woodward has now done? There's a prime example of a team trying new ideas......

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

Are you referring to Run right, Run left, Pass, Punt??????

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

big-train wrote:coaches teach what they know and feel comfortable with is there years you need to adjust a bit yes but if want a running minded coach to go spread or vise versa prob not gonna find that.
HHmmm......I believe that Wheeelersburg has just done that recently...

big-train
Freshman Team

Post by big-train »

I am out :roll:

28Buck
Freshman Team

Post by 28Buck »

I think minford tried something new last season and left West with a loss. Minford hasn't had consistent QB play since Butcher and Oesch. Hard to call pass plays when you don't know if the players will be in the vicinity of where the ball ends up. Burg has had the benefit of having two great receivers and a stud for a QB. I don't really know what Burg has coming back but I can almost guarantee that if they don't have the right guy at QB they will start running the ball like they used to.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

28Buck wrote:I think minford tried something new last season and left West with a loss. Minford hasn't had consistent QB play since Butcher and Oesch. Hard to call pass plays when you don't know if the players will be in the vicinity of where the ball ends up. Burg has had the benefit of having two great receivers and a stud for a QB. I don't really know what Burg has coming back but I can almost guarantee that if they don't have the right guy at QB they will start running the ball like they used to.
I don't think going into a panic because your run game isn't working and trying to throw the ball in week 6 is considered trying something new. If you are going to try something new, you work on it all summer and use it every week. You may use it more or use it less in certain games, but you use it all the time.

28Buck
Freshman Team

Post by 28Buck »

So you think Minford doesn't run pass plays out of their base sets all summer? Contrary to what people believe Minford really hasn't had the personnel to open up the offense. Some players looke good coming off the bus but play on the field says otherwise. I'll take what the coaches see everyday at practice and film than what fans see on Fridays.

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

4th n Goal wrote:
28Buck wrote:I think minford tried something new last season and left West with a loss. Minford hasn't had consistent QB play since Butcher and Oesch. Hard to call pass plays when you don't know if the players will be in the vicinity of where the ball ends up. Burg has had the benefit of having two great receivers and a stud for a QB. I don't really know what Burg has coming back but I can almost guarantee that if they don't have the right guy at QB they will start running the ball like they used to.
I don't think going into a panic because your run game isn't working and trying to throw the ball in week 6 is considered trying something new. If you are going to try something new, you work on it all summer and use it every week. You may use it more or use it less in certain games, but you use it all the time.

28Buck:
So the blame is strictly on the players?? Shame on you!! The players will only know and do what the coaches teach. You can't rely on natural talent. And no, the reason we lost the three games that we lost last year (West, 'Burg, Valley) is because (make a long story short) it's been the exact S.O.S. that we have done the last 7 years. You can't just pass when you only have to. It goes back to what I said the other day, if you have talent (which we did last year), then use it. Other players need to be given the opportunity to make plays. All you have to do watch the tape from our jamboree vs. Fairland, because that's when we were mixing up the play calling and such. It looked absolutely awesome. BTW, Fairland was a playoff team last year. If the coaches would have stuck to that, we would have had a much better 2013.

Which leads to.....

4th n Goal:
You hit the nail on the head. You must use whatever is in your arsenal, or else you are predictable.

big-train
Freshman Team

Post by big-train »

AFF
lifta thon is thurs eve I am sure if you want to put in a application with your credentials it will be looked over and put on file so when SOS starts they will have somebody they can lean on
Player I have to admit you are something else

28Buck
Freshman Team

Post by 28Buck »

AAF- agree to disagree.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Minford will have the ability to open it up more this year. Will Joyce be QB or another skilled position? If Joyce is QB, I see a lot of sweeps, and options, and bootlegs with tremendous play action opportunities for the Falcons this fall.

big-train
Freshman Team

Post by big-train »

New era
Solid post

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Minford folks, you have an excellent coaching staff. Ages old argument. NewEra you are looking forward, I like it. Good Luck Falcons got a lot of good skill and some size coming back.

MClaw
Freshman Team

Post by MClaw »

AFF and I are like brothers from different mothers. Couldn't agree more with what he posted.

little doggy
Freshman Team

Post by little doggy »

^^^^^^^ :12222 :12222 :lol:

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

NewEra wrote:Minford will have the ability to open it up more this year. Will Joyce be QB or another skilled position? If Joyce is QB, I see a lot of sweeps, and options, and bootlegs with tremendous play action opportunities for the Falcons this fall.

Yes, I agree. A good running game (as we have had recently) can be even better with PA passing. Now we are getting somewhere......

However, I do want to see that PA passing in the pocket.....

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

MClaw wrote:AFF and I are like brothers from different mothers. Couldn't agree more with what he posted.
LMAO!!! AEWSOME!!!! :122245

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

28Buck wrote:AAF- agree to disagree.
HAHA!!! Isn't that what this site is for??? :-D

big-train, you gotta love it !!!!!!! :roll:

Return to “Football”