BESIDES TURF, WHAT'S NEXT FOR THE IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS

The Oaf
SEO

Re: BESIDES TURF, WHAT'S NEXT FOR THE IRONTON FIGHTING TIGER

Post by The Oaf »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:i think the turf is necc. to uneven at the tank. and it will wear so well. and be so much more durable. I've always felt this new turf was safer than grass, after they perfected it.it will be a shot in the arm for a team that needs it right now. and it will make the transition better when we play opponents with turf, which is basically everybody now.
Boy you're right about being uneven. You almost needed mountain climbing gear for the endzone with the scoreboard by it.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Oaf you just keep describing yourself dude. Pity party.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:i think the turf is necc. to uneven at the tank. and it will wear so well. and be so much more durable. I've always felt this new turf was safer than grass, after they perfected it.it will be a shot in the arm for a team that needs it right now. and it will make the transition better when we play opponents with turf, which is basically everybody now.

I still prefer grass it looks much better at the Tank than turf. Turf isnt going to help the team play better. If you have somebody that knows what they are doing and you take care of it a grass field will last for a while staying nice.

scarlettandgreyhillboy
Freshman Team

Post by scarlettandgreyhillboy »

my cusin roy got him turf lade down in his mobile home it looks so darned purty too...first thing i do is take off my shoes and socks and just walk around his crib nad let that turf slide between my toes and then in his bathroom hes got that toolet seat covered with turf too talk about a good ride go in there and grab your readers digest and that seat feels so good on your bare bottomes i think they should put turf down at tanks on their toiet seat you could split that pocket money to buy it

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

urban buck wrote:Oaf you just keep describing yourself dude. Pity party.
Again, just a complete lack of any intellectual ability on your part. :roll:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

cannon, I'm lookin forward to the change myself.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Tigercannon I used to feel the same way but after a lot of thought I changed my way of thinking. Even our State University found out it wasn't worth the trouble so they went back to the artificial stuff. You put this down and everyone can use it. The little kids on up. The band can practice on it. This will be a community use thing. I've seen a copy of it and it is really nice.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

And it saves money in the long run, way less care and maintenance.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

RiverRatRay wrote:Tigercannon I used to feel the same way but after a lot of thought I changed my way of thinking. Even our State University found out it wasn't worth the trouble so they went back to the artificial stuff. You put this down and everyone can use it. The little kids on up. The band can practice on it. This will be a community use thing. I've seen a copy of it and it is really nice.

Community thing? The football field is for the football team and the band to hold contests. It's only for the community on Friday nights when they come watch the Tigers and Million Dollar Band.

so.stormmom
Freshman Team

Post by so.stormmom »

tigercannon71 wrote:
RiverRatRay wrote:Tigercannon I used to feel the same way but after a lot of thought I changed my way of thinking. Even our State University found out it wasn't worth the trouble so they went back to the artificial stuff. You put this down and everyone can use it. The little kids on up. The band can practice on it. This will be a community use thing. I've seen a copy of it and it is really nice.

Community thing? The football field is for the football team and the band to hold contests. It's only for the community on Friday nights when they come watch the Tigers and Million Dollar Band.

WELL FRUM WHAT WE BEEIN A SEEIN IT WONT GET MUCH COMMUNITY USE DEN HAS NOT BEEN NO COMMUNITY DERE SINCE DEY BEEN DOIN BAD EVEN DAT YOURTIGERBAIT BRUTHA AINT SEEN DA TANK SINCE DA FIRST LOSS OF DA SEASON DEN GET ON HERE AND ACT LIKE CAOCH SABAN

scarlettandgreyhillboy
Freshman Team

Post by scarlettandgreyhillboy »

cusin Roy why do you keeps on taunting that bait fellar? dont you know he'll eat him sum of that abc soups and put on a beat down of you with all his ps and qs and dont be thinking that plate in your head will helps you cause hes got him a big ole plate too and his plates is made of tietanium when the poops is flying youll bees vcrying

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

tigercannon71 wrote:

I think Ray is right Cannon. I think the turf would open up so many more revenue generating options for the Tank.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Cannon, Monday night the Freshmen play, Tuesday night the JV's, Thursday the Junior High, Friday the high school, Saturday the Little Kids. To me that is a lot of the community. The Tank is just not for the high school. Right now those kids play on fields that are just not what I would call the best around. Put them in The Tank after they get the carpet laid.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Oaf, I just dont see it, but thats just me. Its a done deal so no use complaining anymore.

RRR, I think they should fix that field up for the pee wee and junior high. Put a scoreboard in build a concession stand. It could be nice. That gives them something to look forward to as freshmen playing at the Tank. Thats me though. I know I sound old fashioned or whatever, but thats what I think and its a done deal so you know. Hope it works out.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Cannon I understand where your coming from and I can see your point. I'm not trying to change your mind because I think your point is valid. I used to be of the same opinion. I just can see where we can use this maybe to our advantage since interest has really dropped lately in the program. Maybe I'm the one out in left field on this.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

If putting in turf can bring more kids out to play or puts more butts in the seat then its worth it. You're right interest has fallen off and something needs to be done to bring it back.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Excellent posts!

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Actually according to Journal of American Sports Medicine you are 40% more likely to suffer an injury on field turf than grass. Of course you got other studies which show its a tad safer though. So I dont know. Ive seen guys get hurt on both, but I will say you see more guys going down without contact on turf than grass. I think like most studies it changes all the time. Turf vs grass for safety is a whole another topic for us to tackle.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

I thought there was a post before my last one?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

tigercannon71 wrote:It shouldnt take that long to put it down like a month or a lil longer.
I watched the installation at Burg a couple years ago, it is an impressive project. It all depends on weather. All of the excavating and drainage is what takes the time and can be held up by rain. From the time the first piece of turf was laid until the rubber pellets were laid was almost a month exactly. I would say they spent at least 3-4 weeks doing the excavating, so waiting so long to start is going to make a tight window, but it can be done as long as it is a relatively dry summer.

Return to “Football”