Jared McCray

Pol pot
SE

Re: Jared McCray

Post by Pol pot »

Dude, I never said that Pryor DID NOT attend or practice!

If you redshirt you still practice, in your sit out year due to transferring you still practice, when you Grey Shirt you are not allowed around the team, because you are NOT a student, you do not enroll in school until the 2nd semester, which delays your 5 year clock.

You also show only limited knowledge of LOI's. LOI's are not valid if one fails to meet academic requirements or if a school delays admissions (grey shirt) So back to my original point, there is NO obligation or binding agreement for a young person who is "grey-shirting".

To your point of oversign ing, that is a slimeball tactic and even though a LOI was signed, there is NO guarantee of scholarship, and no recourse for the student athlete! And every year young men are left with no scholarship due to this practice. A great website we've used in the recuriting process http://oversigning.com/testing/ which keeps track of this practice and the number of young men who get cheated by this system. I highly suggest reading this.

Also a must read on the beginnings of over signings. http://oversigning.com/testing/index.ph ... ry-lesson/

captain ensano
Waterboy

Post by captain ensano »

Looks like it was a good thing McCray didn't go to Louisville. With Louisville having a new head coach, it would have been hard telling how he would have done down there. Has he officially signed with OU?

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

captain ensano wrote:Looks like it was a good thing McCray didn't go to Louisville. With Louisville having a new head coach, it would have been hard telling how he would have done down there. Has he officially signed with OU?
He cant officially sign until Feb. Can only commit

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

knowledge wrote:Why did he decommit from Louisville?
I know I'm late to this, but I met someone who was familiar with him and I heard he broke his wrist which made him "grey shirt priority" to Louisville, which meant he'd lose his scholarship to play football. I am guessing OU had wanted him for a while, so it's probably better for him to play at OU than Louisville. Louisville is not a good football school and academically it is comparatively low tier.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

The FC Fan wrote:Louisville is not a good football school and academically it is comparatively low tier.
While I agree that OU may be a better fit and he made a good decision, you can't really say that Louisville isn't a good football school. They went 12-1 last year, beat OU 49-7 and beat Miami (Fl) 36-9 in their bowl game. This year Louisville joins the ACC and their schedule includes games with Florida St., Clemson, and Notre Dame.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Good luck to this young man!! Both are great schools academically and athletics, cant go wrong. Ohio Univ seems the better fit

Return to “Football”