D5-Region 17 Final: #1 Bishop Hartley vs #3 Wheelersburg

bilco 2
Freshman Team

Re: D5-Region 17 Final: #1 Bishop Hartley vs #3 Wheelersburg

Post by bilco 2 »

what i've seen of burg over the years, is when they come out of the locker room, i don't care if ohio state buckeyes are on the other end of the field waiting to play them, every kid on that team believes they can win . and that kind of heart and mindset i don't care who you are you better pack a lunch, because you are in for a long battle. don't count them out till the finale tick is off the clock. jmo.

Purplesage
Freshman Team

Post by Purplesage »

RAILROADN wrote:I've seen both teams play.......
Hartley - 42
Burg - 7
Me too!!! And you sir are deranged!!!!! After seeing how connected the burg offense is and having watched Hartley pretty much struggle against a slower defense than the burg I'd say this is a gimme for Wheelersburg !!!!! Size is equal!!!

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

purplesage wrote:
Hartley - 42
Burg - 7
Me too!!! And you sir are deranged!!!!! After seeing how connected the burg offense is and having watched Hartley pretty much struggle against a slower defense than the burg I'd say this is a gimme for Wheelersburg !!!!! Size is equal!!!

thanks purplesage

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Burg can win this game if they don't beat them self's turnovers and penalties will be key for burg.
Hartley is a good team on of the best in the state but they can be beat and only a good smart game will beat them.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Hartley by 2 tds.

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Post by Endzone_Warrior »

I really hope to see all you Burg haters back here on Sat. Night/ Sun. Morning!! :roll:
These predictions are ridiculous! Talk about underestimating. :lol:
Like I said last week... Hope this is how the coaches/players think!

Burg will find a way to win. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Endzone_Warrior on Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AHM
Freshman Team

Post by AHM »

The weather looks to play a very important role on this game: cold rainy and windy.

Railroadn
JV Team

Post by Railroadn »

PirateFan2 wrote:
purplesage wrote:
Hartley - 42
Burg - 7

thanks purplesage

I'm not " deranged ", Lol. It's just my opinion that Hartley looks better.
I hope I'm wrong because I'm pulling for burg! Good luck pirates!

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

AHM wrote:The weather looks to play a very important role on this game: cold rainy and windy.
Just your typical Ohio playoff weather...nothing new.. Gotta love it! :122245

Railroadn
JV Team

Post by Railroadn »

Purplesage after seeing your posts last week on the wheelersburg vs. Martinsferry game.......your the one who looks deranged.Lolol. Dude......you were way off!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

AHM wrote:The weather looks to play a very important role on this game: cold rainy and windy.
Predicting the weather that far ahead is rarely correct, and besides that, it's only showing a 30% chance of rain so that's a 70% chance it won't rain. lol

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

RAILROADN wrote:Purplesage after seeing your posts last week on the wheelersburg vs. Martinsferry game.......your the one who looks deranged.Lolol. Dude......you were way off!
I think ol purple suffered enough dude! He tasted his crow and its time to move onto Hartley

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I think people are forgetting that the Burg was the no. 1 team in the state going into week 9. Somebody must have thought they were pretty good.

Bottom line is that Burg will have to play one of there better games but on the other hand Hartley better be prepared to play some defense. Burg has one of the better running and passing QB's in the state. He has two top receivers in the state, all divisions in Miller and Claxon. There running game has vastly improved since the Valley game and when they go to the full house backfield and need a yard or two, I see them being very hard to stop.

I watched the highlights of the QB's for Hartley and I saw a lot of EM3 in him. I think the main one Burg has to stop is no. 21. He looks like a playmaker.

Like was said, turnovers could play a huge part in this game. That TO by MF on the goal line was a huge momentum swing in that game and with the Burg turning that into 6 in just 3 plays that was huge. Something like that could happen Saturday. Only time will tell.

sportsmr
Freshman Team

Post by sportsmr »

Good luck Burg. I'm sure without a doubt they will represent southern Ohio and the SOC very well.

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

I know the Burg coaches are working hard picking this Hartley team apart right now, but I just want to give my view on them from what I've seen so far.

Offensive Play makers:

#24- RB: Runs hard and has good size and vision, looks for cutback lanes and runs vertical well. (For those of you from the area, he reminds u of a Trevon Pendelton type runner)
#23- WR: Decent hands, quick and likes to get out in space. Will line up at wing and run the ball as well. Threat to score on any given play, they like to go deep with him as well.
#31- WR: Has good speed. Runs pretty crisp routes and has good hands. Punt and kick off returner. Big special teams threat.
#45- FB: Not very big, but runs pretty well inside on dives and leads. Has good hands out of the backfield.
#10- QB: Big strong athletic QB. Runs hard when needed, also throws well when asked to. He likes to throw deep to #31 and #23 and also likes to roll out and pressure the LOS to get the LB's/DB's to come off coverage, then just dumps passes over top of them. He favors his backs and TE's on roll outs as well. Pretty solid QB, he reminds me of the kid from Bucyrus Wynford a couple years ago.

O-Line: Not too impressive. They line almost every play foot to foot trying to get the defense to play tight to them, but yet they run a lot outside trying to get the edge. With the quickness of the backs they just mostly just try and get in your way and look to block down field. #50 plays LG (Best Lineman IMO) has a motor, likes to head hunt when pulling and also likes to hit after the whistle. They do a lot of blocking with there TE's which have good size and quickness to the outside.

Defense:

They play a majority players both ways. Like to run a 3-4/ 3-3-5 with a mix of zone and man to man with press coverage on the outside, at least against Coldwater, which I would assume will be the same they would do against Burg as they have similar style of play. Not too strong up the middle, DE's #49 & #12 anchor the D-line and like to get pressure on QB. They like to send SS #3 blitzing off the edges and the DB's cover ok and have a lot of closing speed when the ball is in the air, but don't appear very physical.

Sorry, I was sitting here bored at work and thought I'd give my opinion on things. :122245 They are without a doubt beatable IMO, Coldwater showed that. I really think that offensively Burg mirrors Coldwater a lot and has a better QB and WR's (no disrespect to them because they are good). Burgs challenges are to keep the backs contained, do not give up the edge and big play much like Liberty Unions game plan was( I really hope they got that film). I think that Burg will have success against them and come away with the win in a battle. ;-)

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Endzone_Warrior wrote:I know the Burg coaches are working hard picking this Hartley team apart right now, but I just want to give my view on them from what I've seen so far.

Offensive Play makers:

#24- RB: Runs hard and has good size and vision, looks for cutback lanes and runs vertical well. (For those of you from the area, he reminds u of a Trevon Pendelton type runner)
#23- WR: Decent hands, quick and likes to get out in space. Will line up at wing and run the ball as well. Threat to score on any given play, they like to go deep with him as well.
#31- WR: Has good speed. Runs pretty crisp routes and has good hands. Punt and kick off returner. Big special teams threat.
#45- FB: Not very big, but runs pretty well inside on dives and leads. Has good hands out of the backfield.
#10- QB: Big strong athletic QB. Runs hard when needed, also throws well when asked to. He likes to throw deep to #31 and #23 and also likes to roll out and pressure the LOS to get the LB's/DB's to come off coverage, then just dumps passes over top of them. He favors his backs and TE's on roll outs as well. Pretty solid QB, he reminds me of the kid from Bucyrus Wynford a couple years ago.

O-Line: Not too impressive. They line almost every play foot to foot trying to get the defense to play tight to them, but yet they run a lot outside trying to get the edge. With the quickness of the backs they just mostly just try and get in your way and look to block down field. #50 plays LG (Best Lineman IMO) has a motor, likes to head hunt when pulling and also likes to hit after the whistle. They do a lot of blocking with there TE's which have good size and quickness to the outside.

Defense:

They play a majority players both ways. Like to run a 3-4/ 3-3-5 with a mix of zone and man to man with press coverage on the outside, at least against Coldwater, which I would assume will be the same they would do against Burg as they have similar style of play. Not too strong up the middle, DE's #49 & #12 anchor the D-line and like to get pressure on QB. They like to send SS #3 blitzing off the edges and the DB's cover ok and have a lot of closing speed when the ball is in the air, but don't appear very physical.

Sorry, I was sitting here bored at work and thought I'd give my opinion on things. :122245 They are without a doubt beatable IMO, Coldwater showed that. I really think that offensively Burg mirrors Coldwater a lot and has a better QB and WR's (no disrespect to them because they are good). Burgs challenges are to keep the backs contained, do not give up the edge and big play much like Liberty Unions game plan was( I really hope they got that film). I think that Burg will have success against them and come away with the win in a battle. ;-)

Da## you are ate up Take notes Coaches :roll: ;-) :12223

AHM
Freshman Team

Post by AHM »

Endzone_Warrior wrote:I know the Burg coaches are working hard picking this Hartley team apart right now, but I just want to give my view on them from what I've seen so far.

Offensive Play makers:

Defense:

Good analysis. Looks like Wheelersburg will win pretty handily.

lrn4lf
Riding the Bench

Post by lrn4lf »

Look for the burg to win this one BIG! EM3 too much for Hartley! Eddie Miller will put them away single handledly. As long as his throwing shoulder stays healthy, he will throw the burg into the state semi finals !!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

^ Isn't Coldwater's QB Hoying the younger brother of the former OSU QB Bobby Hoying and he's being looked at by OSU? Coldwater is currently ranked # 7 in the nation by USA today, so people need to get real. While I think W'burg has their chances in this game, they're not Coldwater, no where near the OL Coldwater has.

W'burg is going to have to play a mistake free game to keep up with this Hartley team, and they're capable of doing just that. I do agree some of the things Coldwater exposed against Hartley defense, W'burg has the players to make it happen. Hartley will have the best DB's W'burg has seen all year. Predicting to win big may be a bit optimistic, this game will be decided by a score or less.

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

I'm going to stand behind my opinion and we'll see what happens Sat. Night.
I'll agree the Hartley DB's will be the biggest test for EM3 and the WR's.

Return to “Football”