D5-Region 17 Final: #1 Bishop Hartley vs #3 Wheelersburg

fbnut
SEOP

Re: D5-Region 17 Final: #1 Bishop Hartley vs #3 Wheelersburg

Post by fbnut »

Vladimir wrote:I agree one game at a time as any possibility of a Coldwater/ W'burg game is two weeks away. OHSAA announced the winner of the Burg/Hartley game will play the winner of the Akron Manchester / Crestview. Coldwater/Huron will play the winner of the W.Jeff/ Hamilton Badin.

Also, Yes Coldwater has been to the state championship 4 consecutive years and they're the defending state champs. Coldwater along with Marion Local-Maria Stein, and Delphos St. Johns are the Mercer county dynasty of the MAC conference that rules Ohio small school football.
St Henry and Versailles have had a little success on the gridiron as well. The team that beat ND must have been the real deal, score wise it looks like they gave Marion local all they wanted.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Versailles and St. Henry are part of the MAC along with Coldwater, Marion Local Maria Stein and Delphos St. John.

olegoat50
Freshman Team

Post by olegoat50 »

Wheerlersburg 24 Hartley 21... Hartley comes in with Big Head syndrome and goes down.....Lock of the weekend! ;-)

AHM
Freshman Team

Post by AHM »

I promise that Hartley does not have a big head...Much respect from Hartley toward Wheelersburg. I cant speak for the people that post nonsense, but I know the team and coaches have much respect for the Pirates. Unfortunately, it does not seem to be the other way around though?

But if that helps you rationalize your prediction, have at it....

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

AHM wrote:I promise that Hartley does not have a big head...Much respect from Hartley toward Wheelersburg. I cant speak for the people that post nonsense, but I know the team and coaches have much respect for the Pirates. Unfortunately, it does not seem to be the other way around though?
I am sure all of the coaches and players fully understand what type of game they will have on Saturday. Most of the people predicting a huge win for Burg aren't even from Burg, but all of our area comes together to support our teams this time of year. Sure, lots of the predictions and hype are not realistic, but our small community is playing one of the top private schools in the state and we all want our kids to go all the way. There is way more of a chance that Hartley would overlook Burg than the other way around!

earp
S

Post by earp »

Coldwater is not ranked 7th in the country they have 2 losses. :lol:
What is frightening about these scores though.Look at the Marion Local score.I really feel for anyone in Div. 7 :122246

http://www.cavfootball.com/

AHM
Freshman Team

Post by AHM »

High temperature in the low 30's on Saturday with wind.

This will effect the game.

then what
Varsity

Post by then what »

AHM wrote:High temperature in the low 30's on Saturday with wind.

This will effect the game.

yuck!

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

I'm rooting for the burg because they are a southern ohio team but feel that Hartley has the athletes to match up with the burg and the size to over power them if the pirates try to stay in their pass happy offense. Harley unfortunately by 2 TD's! I hope I'm wrong!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

3.5 Earthquake Recorded in Nelsonville Ohio, Tremors Felt in Paden City
Posted: Nov 20, 2013 1:50 PM EST Updated: Nov 20, 2013 3:10 PM EST

A 3.5 magnitude earthquake was recorded in Nelsonville, Ohio, on Wednesday afternoon around 1 p.m.
According to the United States Geological Survey, the quake occurred 5 miles underground, and the tremors were felt as far away as Paden City, West Virginia, and Powhatan Point, Ohio.
The Associated Press reports that Geophysicist John Bellini described the quake as "light." He says people in the area might have felt a quick jolt, while some unstable items could have fallen from desks or shelves.
He said earthquakes must register at a 4.5 magnitude to cause any significant damage.
The site is around 128 miles from Wheeling.

burgbball
Riding the Bench

Post by burgbball »

4th n Goal wrote:3.5 Earthquake Recorded in Nelsonville Ohio, Tremors Felt in Paden City
Posted: Nov 20, 2013 1:50 PM EST Updated: Nov 20, 2013 3:10 PM EST

A 3.5 magnitude earthquake was recorded in Nelsonville, Ohio, on Wednesday afternoon around 1 p.m.
According to the United States Geological Survey, the quake occurred 5 miles underground, and the tremors were felt as far away as Paden City, West Virginia, and Powhatan Point, Ohio.
The Associated Press reports that Geophysicist John Bellini described the quake as "light." He says people in the area might have felt a quick jolt, while some unstable items could have fallen from desks or shelves.
He said earthquakes must register at a 4.5 magnitude to cause any significant damage.
The site is around 128 miles from Wheeling.
I don't think it was an earthquake they were filling the jugs for Saturday at the school and someone dropped a bag of them. They just felt it in Nelsonville. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

4th n Goal wrote:Looking on the 'other' forum, there is no respect being given to Burg at all. Apparently, the mighty private school will be entirely too much for the Burg to handle. Some of the comments included "only 1-2 Burg players could even start for Hartley" and the Burg is only here because of "luck of the draw".
Hey 4th n Goal - while I'm not sure how the game will play out, thought I'd offer my two cents here. It's easy to tell who the posters worth paying attention are over there. No self-respecting Hartley fan will say what you're referring to, I feel. The number of a Hartley posters on "the other board" went from about 5 in 2010 (which I think was the last year "it" was pay-to-post) and about seven in 2011 (post pay-to-post) to I would say close to 24 now (maybe even more, but it feels like they multiply like rabbits everyday). Most of them have recent join dates also. Every student at Bishop Hartley is issued an iPad and I know JJHuddle is not blocked on them, and there is at least one documented case of a BH student making an account and posting stuff on there (some of which raised eyebrows). Others appear to be made solely to make locker room material, when Hartley played Ready there were several BH people posting about how some of their own players play weak and they should be benched (one of those "sign up and post once then RUN OFF" kinda deals).

Burchfield, their coach, is aware of the posting but apparently BH hasn't implemented a gag order like they probably should, because those posts are reflecting poorly on not only Bishop Hartley but central Ohioans (and central Catholics) in general. If you want to read some good posts and talk to worthwhile BH people, I suggest talking to kah240, formerhawk10, run n shoot 08 and perhaps Sapientia. As someone who has tons of respect for the boys and families down in your area, it is annoying that a negative reflection is cast on the people who post on that board because of the actions of some high schoolers and generally ignorant people.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

You get this far luck of drawl has nothing to do with it first round is luck of drawl a lot of bad teams make it that shouldn't.
Second round it levels out better to who should be there 3rd round the best teams in the region are there because they was better than the other team.
Wheelersburg is a good team with very good players and one that can beat BH.
Looking for a good game and Wheelersburg opening it up and playing the way they can.
Good Luck Burg continue to represent SEO well.

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

Is that a pun for those of us of Appalachian descent? :122245

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

After all the posts about Coldwater/Hartley, this was supposed to be a down year for Coldwater! That's what the announcers said on the video of the game. and its true, they lost a few great players. Also, Coldwater was getting whipped on the Dline and LBer level early and often in that game. They adjusted by using multiple Dline sets against a one dimensional Oline set. Made the blockers confused and got some penetration from the Dline that gave Cwater enough stops. And a lot of TOs helped, but maybe that's why Hartley had the TOs. And Hoyer ran very well in this game. I don't think Cwater has the same passing scheme as Burg this yr. Coaches just seemed to know that they needed to turn the game over to him! As for Cwater/Burg comparisons, like I said before, we look just like them on both sides of the ball but I think we have better skill players on the offense this year. One thing about Cwater is tho, they have tremendous line coaching, much like Ironton has/had, and they have all the tradition that keeps that adrenaline going! Best game Ive ever seen from a group that should have been blown out but won overwhelmingly! And I give great CUDOS to Baltimore Liberty Union! WOW! This is a senior laden team, totally outmatched, but look at the score. They did a great job! I just don't think they had the skill players to make Hartley blink! But their D played amazing!! Except for the last drive.
Burg has a chance! But everyone on that team needs to realize that if they let up one moment, something bad will happen because talent wise across the field, they are not a good match. Once the whistle is blown to start the game, the Burg needs to go 100% all 4 Qtrs. You cannot take a play off on either side of the ball. U cant stand in that huddle and think you can just layoff alil for one play to get a rest.
Also Burg, do not respond to late hits and getting personal fouls. Keep ur cool and get back to the huddle. NOONE on this team needs to babysit you for making a stupid mistake. They also have a job to do!

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

Travel update.
The Nelsonville bypass is open and almost complete.
To go directly to the field, look for the St. Rt. 78 exit and then proceed towards Buchtel.
The field is located just outside Buchtel .
If you come early, come into town and I suggest Rocky Boots for cold weather gear, and the Boot Grill has great food.
There is also a plethora of fast food eateries along with Mexican, Chinese, and Tammys home cooking.
Drive carefully and have a safe trip.....

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

Get the basketballs out in the burg...Hartley in dominating fashion.

Endzone_Warrior
Varsity

Post by Endzone_Warrior »

:roll: such disrespect everywhere I look!! I honestly can't wait for Saturday...!!!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I saw this linked on the other forum. http://burgfan.com/news/News%20Stories/ ... doubt.html
Obviously, the people who are the true Hartley fans probably aren't responsible for all of these quotes, but the fact that they are checking out this forum and also checking out Burgfan.com shows me that there is at least some respect being given to Burg from their true fans.

AHM
Freshman Team

Post by AHM »

Real playoff teams don't get motivation from message boards.

On another note, the weather looks to be a factor. Wheelersburg has scored at will all season. With the exception of the only (last) cold game they played in, when they managed only one score (I know they were close to scoring 2 other times, but they didn't). Weather looks to be worse this weekend. How will this play into the game? It will effect the passing game from both teams.

Return to “Football”