D5-Region 17 Final: #1 Bishop Hartley vs #3 Wheelersburg

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: D5-Region 17 Final: #1 Bishop Hartley vs #3 Wheelersburg

Post by wobycat »

Jesco White wrote:
wobycat wrote:Yeah the officials were a little off page from each other but Burg could not stop Hartley at all. The Hawks couldn't stop the Pirates either. Unfortunately, the Burg stopped themselves on three turnovers. If Burg doesn't make those mistakes, along with the xp difficulties, Burg could have made it a bit closer and had a chance to stay in it.

My biggest gripe is the Private vs Public. Open enrollment has leveled this playing field slightly but the OHSAA needs to evaluate this. Walking up on the Hartley team up close when I was leaving, I noticed how big and athletic those guys looked. I believe a lot are recruited solely for foot ball. Don't believe, just look at their home page.

http://www.bishop-hartley.org/index.php/football

Specifically this page as well.

http://www.bishop-hartley.org/index.php ... l=&start=7
What exactly are we supposed to be looking at on those pages?
Take time to look jesco and read. When it maps out the stages of how a player should go about being recruited by colleges as a high school player in the recruiting packet. Parents pay for these kids to attend these schools, FAPE does not factor in this situation. I wonder what the cost of tuition is there?

fbbacker
Riding the Bench

Post by fbbacker »

Parochial school vs. public school;
Disciplined, huge O line vs. our D line which is strong but a little smaller;
"Questionable" calls by refs;
Not enough of our passing game to open up the run=Hartley win.
Not placing blame.....it was just a little bit of everything. At that level, to beat someone like Hartley, it would have to be almost a perfect game to beat them.
At least our boys have all been playing together since they were kids.

Nothing at all to hang your heads about boys. You made your school and the community proud!

fbbacker
Riding the Bench

Post by fbbacker »

Also, to NY. Again your HS proved worthy of hosting a playoff game. Everyone working the game was friendly, good food, wonderful venue. Kudos to you as well!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

fbbacker wrote:Parochial school vs. public school;
Not placing blame.....it was just a little bit of everything. At that level, to beat someone like Hartley, it would have to be almost a perfect game to beat them.

Nothing at all to hang your heads about boys. You made your school and the community proud!
Wonder how coldwater does it? Public school, small town. Probably the best small school football program in state for past 10-15 years.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GREAT YEAR WHEELERSBURG PIRATES THIS OLE FIGHTING TIGER IS PROUD OF YOU.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

fbbacker wrote:Also, to NY. Again your HS proved worthy of hosting a playoff game. Everyone working the game was friendly, good food, wonderful venue. Kudos to you as well!

The only complaint I had last night with the facilities was just two Porta-Potties on the visitors side. Seriously, with probably around 2000+ people on that side you only set out 2 Porta-Potties. That is ridiculous. There should have been at the very least 6 or 8 over there.

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

fbbacker wrote: At least our boys have all been playing together since they were kids.
Such is the case with Bishop Hartley.

lrn4lf
Riding the Bench

Post by lrn4lf »

There are several Burg players that are move ins from several surrounding county schools. They came to the burg to play football. They went to Burg in the last 2-3 years and are seniors this year. My son played against them at Minford and they aren't from porter twp. :oops:

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

lrn4lf wrote:There are several Burg players that are move ins from several surrounding county schools. They came to the burg to play football. They went to Burg in the last 2-3 years and are seniors this year. My son played against them at Minford and they aren't from porter twp. :oops:
Yeah I think we got it the first time! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I take it there are several Burg players that came from Minford?? lol

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
fbbacker wrote:Also, to NY. Again your HS proved worthy of hosting a playoff game. Everyone working the game was friendly, good food, wonderful venue. Kudos to you as well!

The only complaint I had last night with the facilities was just two Porta-Potties on the visitors side. Seriously, with probably around 2000+ people on that side you only set out 2 Porta-Potties. That is ridiculous. There should have been at the very least 6 or 8 over there.
Come on now BG77, let it go about the facilities already man. You're a better poster than that to keep harping on it over and over again. Not trying to be rude or disrespectful, just sayin'

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

yeah just no bashing of Hartley that is a well oiled machine that will give any team trouble!!

burg was best in southern ohio this year

just gotta get over that loss and move on , shoot some hoops LOL

and also get ready for the next show down 8-29-14 ironton @burg (which happens to be my birthday lol) early forecast says game is a pickem no favorite

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

Nice season Pirates!!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

The Oaf wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:

Come on now BG77, let it go about the facilities already man. You're a better poster than that to keep harping on it over and over again. Not trying to be rude or disrespectful, just sayin'

Come on what?? I said the facilities were great except for the fact that they only had two Porta-Potties out for 2000+ people. Parking went smoothly, everyone was friendly, the concessions were great, but come on, 2 pissers for that many people. That is one for the men and one for the women, Nowhere near enough for that many people. Then you take into account that someone literally crapped all over one of them so people wouldn't use that one and we only had one for the second half. And this may not even be the people at NY. This may be an OHSAA thing were they only mandate 2 per facility because that's all there was at Hamilton Township the week before. They are actually that stupid.

JasonClaytor
Freshman Team

Post by JasonClaytor »

Burg#1 wrote:
Ricky Vaughn 99 wrote:Let's talk about the MADD dogg 2nd place SOC pirates..... Beat down. Not quite good enough. Just like ed miller stadium week 9. Losers.
First of all young high school kid we werent beat down at all- we were beat by a better team last night- but take back those three calls that were mentioned and we are in the game- watch talking the smack you are going to be on the receiving of it one day
For anyone worried about the first onside kick, Hartley recovered it. I just watched it on tape. Number 77 for Hartley came up with the ball and threw it to the referee when he came out of the pile. The reason everyone thought Wheelersburg had possession was because the Wheelersburg bench and players were jumping around thinking they had it. That must have made the referees think that Wheelersburg recovered.

JasonClaytor
Freshman Team

Post by JasonClaytor »

First of all young high school kid we werent beat down at all- we were beat by a better team last night- but take back those three calls that were mentioned and we are in the game- watch talking the smack you are going to be on the receiving of it one day[/quote]

The fumble, you can't see on film. All that can be seen is that Hartley came up with the ball, but can not tell if he was down.

The interception to start the fourth quarter the number 1 ran a 10 yard curl, and it looks like the quarterback thought he was running vertical. There was no contact on the kid who ran the curl. There was a receiver that was hit on the 35 right next to the Wheelersburg sideline with the ball in the air, maybe running a wheel route or a comeback, but the pass was intercepted on the right hash marks on the 22. The player that was knocked down was not and wasn't going to be anywhere near that ball. Yes it could have been called pass interference, but 9 out of 10 refs wont call that because its no where near where the play was directed. The curl route was wide open, just looked like miscommunication. Number 34 got bumped when coming through the linebackers about 6 yards from the line of scrimmage before the ball was in the air, and then he just stopped running, taking him out of the play.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

I disagree BG77, starting on the first page of the thread and continuing right up to this point you have cried and moaned and b*tched and pouted about the location of this game like a woman going through menopause! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Very tasteless and classless on your part not to mention completely pathetic to keep going on and on about it like a broken record. Get over yourself! Considering how full it of you are, it was probably you that crapped the porta-potty up!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

fbnut wrote:
fbbacker wrote:Parochial school vs. public school;

Wonder how coldwater does it? Public school, small town. Probably the best small school football program in state for past 10-15 years.

These schools do not offer soccer as a boys fall sport. Their choice are: Football, Cross Country, or the Band. I've said for years, the schools in this area that don't offer football (E.g., South Webster, New Boston, and Clay,) let them be the schools that offer soccer. The rest that want their football programs to be successful at the state level shouldn't offer soccer b/c in small schools it really takes away from the talent pool. Noting against soccer, but I think if the 3 mentioned schools were the only ones that only offered soccer, it would lead to them being powerhouses and the rest of the area football programs would get more talent out for their teams as well.

LITTLE TIGER
Waterboy

Post by LITTLE TIGER »

GREAT SEASON PIRATES, HOLD YOUR HEAD HIGH & BE PROUD OF THE SEASION YOU HAD, YOU JUST LOST A GREAT GAME TO THE PROBLEY STATE CHAMPIONS OR AT LEAST THE STATE RUNNER -UP & THEY COULD NOT STOP YOU, ONLY A COUPLE OF TURNOVERS & GETTING STOPPED AT THE 1 YARD LINE BEFORE HALF STOPPED THE GAME FROM BEING VERY INTERESTING, AGAIN CONGRATS ON A GREAT SEASON FROM TIGER TOWN

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

Vlad - both MSML and Coldwater offer boys golf.

Return to “Football”