Athens (12-0) vs Marion Franklin (11-1) - Logan

WhitieTidies21
Waterboy

Re: Athens (12-0) vs Marion Franklin (11-1) - Logan

Post by WhitieTidies21 »

ny92 wrote:I never said anything about the defense wearing down I said the lines did. I do think athens will have trouble with the size of MF. And as quick as things happen with the athens offense MF line may wear down. Not saying team speed either I'm saying the speed at which they run plays. The chain gang even struggles to keep up. I have no doubt this game could be another close one. No matter who wins ill bet it will be a good one.

Ah ok... Thats what I get for assuming you were talking about the d-line. sorry about that. Nevertheless, I don't think they will have an issue keeping up. Upper Arlington did the same thing when it comes to the quick play.

I can't wait until we get the Athens game video uploaded so I can see it!!!

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Is there a place to watch that "game video" on the internet? I know cap city preps used to show some pretty good clips of games.

Ny92
Freshman Team

Post by Ny92 »

MFHS04 I have no doubt this will be a great game. Some of us Hammy boys may crash yor tailgate. What a grillin?

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Yes tailgate is welcome. I'd be there by at least 3 to get in and get set up. Bring the grill and fun and let the games begin.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

After being out of town Friday night, I saw the replay of the bullpuppies Tri-Valley game was a toss up and either team could have won, TURNOVERS and MISTAKES cost Tri-Valley the win. As far as this weeks game goes Marion Franklin had there one bad playoff game against Brookhaven, that being said As the old saying goes SIZE and SPEED does matter! Early week prediction;

Marion Franklin 45

Athens 34

By the way it look like the bullpuppies loss 2 offensive line men to injury, any update?

bigblue allday
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue allday »

I think the dawgs have a better match up this week than they did last week. JMO. I see a 50-45 score Athens. Go Dawgs

Ny92
Freshman Team

Post by Ny92 »

TTomcat99 you havnt saw the size of that line yet. Hard to pick agaist the bulldogs. I see no way Athens will run the ball though.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Athens was outplayed last week & survived this week will probably not serve them well to be outplayed this week. That being said Athens has the offensive skill players to win this game but the O Line has been suspect the last two weeks & the Defense has put up great numbers playing not so great competitors so I think it all adds up towards a Marion Franklin victory

WhitieTidies21
Waterboy

Post by WhitieTidies21 »

ny92 wrote:MFHS04 I have no doubt this will be a great game. Some of us Hammy boys may crash yor tailgate. What a grillin?
Feel free to join us. I'm all about having our friends from HT join us. I saw a good number of you guys at the game on Friday. Nice to see that support from the south side!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

MFHS04 wrote:As far as tailgating is concerned... This is new territory for me but some alumni and myself are thinking about doing it down there. As far as what I see here, that is okay down in Logan? I just want to make sure before I make anything official with the MFHS alumni.
MFHS -

Tailgating has always been okay at the stadium.

Here is a link to info on Logan Chieftain Stadium:

http://www.loganfootball.com/logan-chie ... adium.html

I live in Hilliard and drive down every week to Logan's games, and was at the Athens game last week and plan on coming down again this week. FYI - when you're leaving Columbus, if you're going to hit Carroll (on US33) between 5:00 and 6:00 plan for an extra 10-15 minutes as the stoplight there always gets backed up.

Have a safe trip.

WhitieTidies21
Waterboy

Post by WhitieTidies21 »

LoganLocos wrote:
MFHS -

Tailgating has always been okay at the stadium.

Here is a link to info on Logan Chieftain Stadium:

http://www.loganfootball.com/logan-chie ... adium.html

I live in Hilliard and drive down every week to Logan's games, and was at the Athens game last week and plan on coming down again this week. FYI - when you're leaving Columbus, if you're going to hit Carroll (on US33) between 5:00 and 6:00 plan for an extra 10-15 minutes as the stoplight there always gets backed up.

Have a safe trip.

Oh, I plan to be there by 3 to avoid that irritating bottleneck in Carroll. Why the state hasn't made that an overpass yet baffles me... but a lot of things that go on in Ohio baffle me.... That's another topic tho... haha

PHS75
SEOPS HOF

Post by PHS75 »

Good luck again Bulldogs.

diamondD1
JV Team

Post by diamondD1 »

MFHS04 wrote:I can't wait until we get the Athens game video uploaded so I can see it!!!
Uploaded to what? Marion Franklin doesn't use Hudl, correct?

bigblue allday
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue allday »

Buckeye-4-Life wrote:Athens will see size and speed they haven't played against all season!! Will be interesting to see how they handle it :122249
The thing is has Marion Franklin seen the speed the Bulldogs have. Just a question. I think the speed of Athens could wear those big lineman down. I still say this is going to be a good game and its going to take a mistake free game for the bulldogs

Tigersbball53
Waterboy

Post by Tigersbball53 »

Wouldn't it be great to have a state championship from TVC Ohio & Hocking(Athens and Trimble). Go TVC!!!

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

TTomcat99 wrote:The thing is has Marion Franklin seen the speed the Bulldogs have. Just a question. I think the speed of Athens could wear those big lineman down. I still say this is going to be a good game and its going to take a mistake free game for the bulldogs
MF has more speed than the Dogs do. Even their large lineman can move. Athens needs to roll Burroughs out of the pocket or he will get sacked like last week.

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

Buckeye-4-Life wrote:Athens will see size and speed they haven't played against all season!! Will be interesting to see how they handle it :122249

This is the same thing that posters said last week maybe someone can come up with something different

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

This is like every game for Athens, can Athens handle their size on the line and can they handle Athens speed and size at skill. They got some big kids, 300-330 pounds

RedRage
Waterboy

Post by RedRage »

Good luck bulldogs
Last edited by RedRage on Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

diamondD1
JV Team

Post by diamondD1 »

Bulldog54 wrote:If Athens is able to contain the pass (which they are lacking and have been lacking practically all year) and are able to keep Marion Franklin running game inside, they have a good chance at winning this game.
Four of the biggest defensive plays last week were knocked down passes, 3 by Trae Williams and one by Joey Burrow. Trae did get beat on the first passing TD by Tri-Valley, but no more after that.

The Athens defense deserves some credit. They stepped up big when needed and answered many doubts.

Return to “Football”