Athens (12-0) vs Marion Franklin (11-1) - Logan

Paladin
SEOP

Re: Athens (12-0) vs Marion Franklin (11-1) - Logan

Post by Paladin »

Athens had a bad O game ? Really ? I think the D had a bad game too , don't you think ? Burrow was the best player on the field, regardless of position ? But he got beat 38-7, right ? I must be missing something here. Game went pretty much as I expected.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Paladin wrote:Game went pretty much as I expected.
And you come on here, just waiting until Athens lost ... like we all expected.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

LHS 72 wrote:And of course ASVSM even plays a more demanding schedule than Marion Franklin! Also according to the Dispatch M-F will not meet ASVSM until the finals if they continue to win!
Marion Franklin vs ASVSM
Clyde vs Trotwood Madison

OHSAA FINAL 4

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Actually, I called for Athens to win vs Logan Elm. Look it up. But I also said they got lucky with the draw as they got to play another SEO team. So, playoff win #1. Then I projected Athens to lose #2, but Athens got lucky at the end. Other team scored late and was going for 2 but had a delay of game penalty. Had that not happened, no game #3. Game #3 , I had M-F all the way. I tried to warn that the trenches would be a problem. Athens D is very weak as exposed in all the playoff games. Their O also played a weak schedule and didn't see any real D teams until the playoffs. M-F gave the bullpuppies a lesson in D. I said Burrow would be hit and often ( that's a quote). How did that work out ? Athens is fortunate to play in the weakest region in the state. SVSM will do a number on M-F. But credit M-F as they have the best team in the SE region.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Paladin wrote:Athens had a bad O game ? Really ? I think the D had a bad game too , don't you think ? Burrow was the best player on the field, regardless of position ? But he got beat 38-7, right ? I must be missing something here. Game went pretty much as I expected.
it was 12-0 at half. Athens couldn't even score on 1st and four at Marion 4. Marion probably had the ball for 12mins to Athens 4mins in first. I would say Athens d played well

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Giving up 38 is playing well ? And you only score 7 ?

Wow, football sure is played different in SEO. :mrgreen:

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Paladin wrote:Giving up 38 is playing well ? And you only score 7 ?

Wow, football sure is played different in SEO. :mrgreen:
that's why I said our offense played bad. Too many mistakes. Too many penalties

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I usually don't like to comment on teams and say how good or how bad they are until I watch them.

YOU HAVE NEVER EVEN SEEN Athens play this year, Paladin.

I refuse to listen to a man's opinion that has absolutely no clue what he is talking about. You gather information off a message board or newspaper - that hardly makes you an expert.

get out off your high horse and get out to a game - then come back on here offer some "honest insight" from what you actually SEEN on the football field - and not what you heard or read.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

His home should be the ovac forum

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Seen film on Athens and all the playoff teams they played. You know, things don't look good for next year either. Dover is young and so is M-F. There will probably be other non-SEO teams that finish playoff qualified. No, I wouldn't get too carried away. But it is the weakest region. You never know. 8)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Paladin wrote:Dover is young and so is M-F.
Marion Franklin ... 22 seniors!!!!
Marion Franklin ... 15 of 22 starters seniors!!!!

Try posting something that is accurate for a change, Paladin.

Tyler_Durden
Freshman Team

Post by Tyler_Durden »

Paladin wrote:Seen film on Athens and all the playoff teams they played. You know, things don't look good for next year either. Dover is young and so is M-F. There will probably be other non-SEO teams that finish playoff qualified. No, I wouldn't get too carried away. But it is the weakest region. You never know. 8)
Whoever this Paladin is... man, woman, boy, girl... "it" obviously has proven to be nothing but an instigator di#@k and coward and has no place on a southeastern Ohio website. Someone should just remove it, or all of it's posts. There's never been even a hint of respect, class, wisdom or honesty on its behalf. Someone as pathetic as this individual should not be given the pleasure of knowing others actually read the drivel it posts. It's the bad apple in the SEOPS basket. Remove it, and this forum becomes a much better place.

And on topic.... Athens has nothing but my utmost respect. Athens fans have nothing but my utmost respect. You guys take more crap than anyone deserves.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Tyler_Durden wrote:
Whoever this Paladin is... man, woman, boy, girl... "it" obviously has proven to be nothing but an instigator di#@k and coward and has no place on a southeastern Ohio website. Someone should just remove it, or all of it's posts. There's never been even a hint of respect, class, wisdom or honesty on its behalf. Someone as pathetic as this individual should not be given the pleasure of knowing others actually read the drivel it posts.
A "man", albeit arrogant and small/petty, not to mention a lot of other adjectives that could be used.

Played for Logan in late 60's...not as good as a player as he thinks. A legend in his own mind only.

Coached at Rosecrans or Crooksville I can never remember (not a useful piece of information I retained). Again, not as good as he thinks. A legend in his own mind only.

Still has all his HS trophies displayed on a shelf that he polishes daily...yes, one of those types.

Clearly, get his jollies by continuing his weekly predictions until they finally become reality...when he errs he runs and hides for a week (like he did last week).

That's about it, just wish he would go to the "NE Ohio Preps" site....maybe he will start one lol, then he could go just talk to himself.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I have decided to ignore the ignorant stuff he posts. Just skip over his posts and eventually he will go away.........
Paladin is a legend in his own mind. I just wish he would keep his thoughts there too.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

I was there and I thought Athens defense played pretty well considering how long they were on the field and how bad they been all year.M-F offense was nothing special, run left, run right, a couple passes all night and that was it,but they broke some behind that huge line and with Athens offense out matched by the defense that's all they needed,Athens did move the ball but they couldn't sustain drives ,I was surprised Athens didn't kick a field goal at the end of the half, that was a killer not coming away with any points and I knew it would be a long second half for them after that.Still a good season and looks like they got one more run in them next year.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Stats I came across.. you would think there wasn't this much of a difference in the score.

Breaks didn't go Athens way last night....and this happens in football......Athens will be here next year so the football only boys need to start on next year right away.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

RAIDER6309 wrote:Athens beat themselves. 360 yards passing but 180-200 yards in penalties. Never can win if u make that many mistakes. Dropping balls wide open in the end zone and deep balls. Time for a state run in basketball. Bring on Warren
I know you're hurting right now, but you should be realistic. Warren? On the hardwood? Are you sure? State run?

Good football season!

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Great year Athens hold your head high and just work harder for next year

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Congrats to Athens on a great year! You have nothing to hang your heads about.

Any poster that feels it is appropriate to post in attempts to dis-credit your accomplishments is an absolute idiot.....especially coming from an adult.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: I know you're hurting right now, but you should be realistic. Warren? On the hardwood? Are you sure? State run?

Good football season!
what are u talking about? Athens and Warren are the class of SEO. Went into overtime at regionals last year

Return to “Football”