Week 12: Region 17 #2 Martins Ferry vs #3 Wheelersburg

vladimir
S

Re: Week 12: Region 17 #2 Martins Ferry vs #3 Wheelersburg

Post by vladimir »

Norply66: Over Zaleski forest and thru the woods we go. I guess you could take 93 straight to Logan from Jackson, if you want a bus load of sick kids from that trip. As that's one of more treacherous road in SE Ohio, I go thru Athens to get to Logan. I will take a 4 lane over a 2 lane any day.

BG77: You must be flyin' low man! lol I will make sure to PM you before the game so I can follow you.

Hoping for Jackson!!!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Here's a link to the story in Martins Ferrys local paper.

http://www.timesleaderonline.com/page/c ... l?nav=5012

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Vladimir wrote:Norply66: Over Zaleski forest and thru the woods we go. I guess you could take 93 straight to Logan from Jackson, if you want a bus load of sick kids from that trip. As that's one of more treacherous road in SE Ohio, I go thru Athens to get to Logan. I will take a 4 lane over a 2 lane any day.

BG77: You must be flyin' low man! lol I will make sure to PM you before the game so I can follow you.

Hoping for Jackson!!!
Not really, The speed limit is 60 now on Rt 23 so you can get by with 65 to 68 mph, so you can make good time if no delays. I set the cruise on 68 and rarely had to take it off coming home.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

^ Do you go over Rosemount or thru Minford via L'ville Minford Rd, to get back to Dogwood Ridge?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I like Teays a Valley as the site. Easy access to the school for both teams and I would much rather travel 23 instead of 93 to Logan

Does anyone know how many fans Hartley brings? Burg's side was over flowing last night. I can almost guarantee Burg will bring more fans. Saw a bunch of Valley players at the game last night. Very nice gesture. Shows the total class of some of the local teams watching a foe.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Here's a link to the story in Martins Ferrys local paper.

http://www.timesleaderonline.com/page/c ... l?nav=5012
Nothin but praise from the martins ferry coach

AHM
Freshman Team

Post by AHM »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:I like Teays a Valley as the site. Easy access to the school for both teams and I would much rather travel 23 instead of 93 to Logan

Does anyone know how many fans Hartley brings? Burg's side was over flowing last night. I can almost guarantee Burg will bring more fans. Saw a bunch of Valley players at the game last night. Very nice gesture. Shows the total class of some of the local teams watching a foe.
teays valley is grass. Game has to be on turf.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Vladimir wrote:^ Do you go over Rosemount or thru Minford via L'ville Minford Rd, to get back to Dogwood Ridge?
Last night going up they had Rosemount closed so I went on out to Fuert Hill road and took it to Maple Benner over to Rt 23. It's about the same time, just a little farther but you come out on 23 a little farther up. Coming back I went the same way because I figured Rosemount would still be closed, but it was opened back up.

If it was daylight I might go out through Minford and over Lucasville/Minford Rd. But at night, and especially with all the deer running this time of year, it's way to risky going that way at night. We saw several on Maple Benner and 139 last night.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Just saw where trays valley is grass so I guess they used that before they went to all turf?

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

AHM wrote:
yabbadabbadoo wrote:I like Teays a Valley as the site. Easy access to the school for both teams and I would much rather travel 23 instead of 93 to Logan

teays valley is grass. Game has to be on turf.

Then it wouldn't surprise me to be right back at Hamilton Township and I would much rather make the trip up Rt 23 again that than long winding trip to Logan. I hate that trip.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

BG77, THx I agree that's the best way to get out to 23.

Yabba: Waverly and Westfall had their Regional Championship there in 2007. Unless since then the OHSAA has mandated that all playoff games must now be played on turf, Teays Valley is a great venue.

earp
S

Post by earp »

What about having this at Jackson so I can go and not drive halfway across the state! :mrgreen:

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Jackson would be awesome choice since it has ample parking and plenty of seating on both sides, but you have to remember we are dealing with the OHSAA and they could send us both to Marietta. lol

ridgerunner
Freshman Team

Post by ridgerunner »

Great game Pirates! Really hoping the OHSAA doesn’t drop the ball on the site this year and makes it an enjoyable trip for all. Should know something soon...right?
Last edited by ridgerunner on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Jackson would be awesome choice since it has ample parking and plenty of seating on both sides, but you have to remember we are dealing with the OHSAA and they could send us both to Marietta. lol
Very true!!

90buckeye
Varsity

Post by 90buckeye »

Nelsonville-York has been notified that they will host the Bishop Hartley vs Wheelersburg regional final game on Saturday at 7:00 PM.

ridgerunner
Freshman Team

Post by ridgerunner »

To Nelsonville-York HS

1hr 3min for Hartley

1hr 45 min for Wheelersburg

BurgGrad
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgGrad »

Great place for a game! Prepare for a HUGE crowd from the BURG

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

BurgGrad wrote:Great place for a game! Prepare for a HUGE crowd from the BURG
I don't know what kind of following they have but I can guarantee the visitor stands will be full of orange and black

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Hartley brought around 800 to 1,000 fans for the Liberty Union game.

Return to “Football”