Off-Season Coaching Changes

LukeTheFormerBuck
Waterboy

Re: Off-Season Coaching Changes

Post by LukeTheFormerBuck »

Any chance Nelsonville-York would take a look at Coach Rusty Richards? from Tomcat land

NYBUCS
Waterboy

Post by NYBUCS »

i posted on the Athens NY thread that rumor has it that Dean has informed the school he would not be back. So this winter could be interesting in Buckeye land.

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

Game day wrote:
Tigercannon71 wrote:So two years they average less than 20 and 2 years they average almost 30. You average almost 30 points a game you should win a lot of games. The offense isn't the problem. It's a lot of stuff that is the problem the offense and defense aren't the problem at Ironton.
I agree on some of this but Ironton schedule the last 6 games was not good The special teams the last 2 years have been flat out bad The coaching staff needs to wake up and get the family out

I don't understand. What was "not good" about the schedule for the last 6 games? You won 5 of them with 1 to play...three of them were very competitive games. 2 were blow outs (1 of which was against a traditional rival). The last one should be a blow out....who should have been on the schedule?
Lucasville Valley---that's a loss
Johnson Central--that's a loss
Bishop Hartley--that's a loss
Bishop Ready--that's a loss
Jackson--that's a loss
Jonathan Alder--that's a loss

Ironton is right where they belong.....I don't know...maybe their fans want an 0-10 season.

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I think it's a shame how my dear friend merril triplett was treated in ironton after bob lutz retired. that was his dream job. and he was never given a chance. it was setup to fail from the start.it was sad how my hometown treated him.and he was a fighting tiger. he didn't even have time to assemble a whole staff. and still went to the playoffs and went I think 7-5. playing the logans, jacksons,Zanesville etc,

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I think it's a shame how my dear friend merril triplett was treated in ironton after bob lutz retired. that was his dream job. and he was never given a chance. it was setup to fail from the start.it was sad how my hometown treated him.and he was a fighting tiger. he didn't even have time to assemble a whole staff. and still went to the playoffs and went I think 7-5. playing the logans, jacksons,Zanesville etc,

YTB, I know you have been hit on the head a lot, but come on this post has so many inaccuracies its not even funny.

cg-ironton fan
Freshman Team

Post by cg-ironton fan »

Tigercannon71 wrote:So two years they average less than 20 and 2 years they average almost 30. You average almost 30 points a game you should win a lot of games. The offense isn't the problem. It's a lot of stuff that is the problem the offense and defense aren't the problem at Ironton.
the offense is huge problem 80% the other 20% special teams which=100% coaching

I do agree if just winning ovc is plan keep the current crew it will work out well I am sure!! but if you want to compete with some bigger dogs, you need balance run/pass , multiple formations not just 1 that ironton uses 90% time!

no disrespect but playing this tiger team offense is a dream for good teams and good coaches !!

tiger offense = very predictable
Last edited by cg-ironton fan on Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Tigercannon71 wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I think it's a shame how my dear friend merril triplett was treated in ironton after bob lutz retired. that was his dream job. and he was never given a chance. it was setup to fail from the start.it was sad how my hometown treated him.and he was a fighting tiger. he didn't even have time to assemble a whole staff. and still went to the playoffs and went I think 7-5. playing the logans, jacksons,Zanesville etc,

YTB, I know you have been hit on the head a lot, but come on this post has so many inaccuracies its not even funny.

I have no idea what you mean. but given the chance. he'd have made a great coach, and would have assembled a great staff. that's the great thing about being an American, we can all have opinions.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Let's talk about current changes, not things that have happened in seasons past.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Orange and Brown wrote:Let's talk about current changes, not things that have happened in seasons past.
Good call lets let the past stay the past.

BobSugar
Riding the Bench

Post by BobSugar »

BigChuck wrote:
Game day wrote:
I agree on some of this but Ironton schedule the last 6 games was not good The special teams the last 2 years have been flat out bad The coaching staff needs to wake up and get the family out

I don't understand. What was "not good" about the schedule for the last 6 games? You won 5 of them with 1 to play...three of them were very competitive games. 2 were blow outs (1 of which was against a traditional rival). The last one should be a blow out....who should have been on the schedule?
Lucasville Valley---that's a loss
Johnson Central--that's a loss
Bishop Hartley--that's a loss
Bishop Ready--that's a loss
Jackson--that's a loss
Jonathan Alder--that's a loss

Ironton is right where they belong.....I don't know...maybe their fans want an 0-10 season.
Agreed. They should be thankful they don't have some of the schedules Ironton had during the Bob Lutz era.... Desales, Watterson, Belfry, and other powerhouses together year after year. Things would get really embarrassing in I-town.

cg-ironton fan
Freshman Team

Post by cg-ironton fan »

Orange and Brown wrote:Let's talk about current changes, not things that have happened in seasons past.
current staff calls 50 plays a game 40 are same play!!!

out of the 50 plays 45 use same formation!!

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Topic #542258 on how Ironton fans are annoyed with their coach being the head coach.

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

LukeTheFormerBuck wrote:Any chance Nelsonville-York would take a look at Coach Rusty Richards? from Tomcat land
no.

burgbball
Riding the Bench

Post by burgbball »

Let's get some thoughts from some Valley loyals. We know that this will be the last year for Coach Rolf as he has taken the Superintendent position. With the loss of 95% of the talent leaving with this senior class and the amount of success that this staff has had over the past 5 to 6 years. Will coach Crabtree make a deep playoff run and decide that it is time for him to retire at the top of his career? This is just my opinion, I believe that Crabtree will retire, we know that he had health issues last year and seems to be healthy this year but with the drop in talent coming up I think that he will retire on top at the end of this season.

Do any of the Valley fans believe this or have you heard anything?

Harry P. Ness
Waterboy

Post by Harry P. Ness »

No way Ironton gets rid of the coaching staff this season.Vass will be named Coach of the Year in the OVC. Those guys have done a fantastic job this season, dealing with injuries, underclassmen having to be coached up, Hell I bet they give this staff a five year extension.

Bucs33
Waterboy

Post by Bucs33 »

Well I know of a very very candidate that will b applying for the ny job, but the other problem is that you have 2 principals that have no reason for being there and the other coach just work for the city so u tell me they r qualified........ Not freakin by a long shot they should let the new mayor coming in rim everything. Just my opinion

NYBUCS
Waterboy

Post by NYBUCS »

I'm really not sure what you are trying to say Bucs33. I'm sure the school will make all the correct decision when picking their next head coach.
I believe we all feel as if we "KNOW" someone that is "QULIFIED" for the job. The school will have to determine the definition
of QUALIFIED! Do they want someone with Head Coaching experience, or some one that has several years of being an assistant coach? Many variables
will go into this decision I'm sure. Will there be positions available with in the school?
This position has been held by a Boston or Boston family member since 1967. Dean only took the job as an interim head coach. So I am pretty confident
in saying the school will make the correct decision. I am also sure we have several arm chair QB that sit in the stands that think they can coach. I say,
throw your hat into the circus. I for one stand, bc we have some very nasty so called fans…..
As fans we have to understand this is not the same team that played Trimble in week one. They have been devastated by injuries. I heard another 2
starters are out for this week, with a possibility of a big name player also being out. Regardless of the outcome we have to remember they are
kids and I believe they are trying. I do have a son on the team (which is one of the healthy ones) and he said they had a great practice last night.
As fans and parents we must back the school when it comes to making this decision. Like always I will be there Friday night
backing the Buckeyes!

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

All the kids are not trying! Some have been cleared to play and are not. And why must we back the school (board ) when they continue to make stupid decisions?

NYBUCS
Waterboy

Post by NYBUCS »

Not trying to argue, just going off of what i'm being told by my son. If they have been cleared then why are they not dressing for games? There are as many kids not dressed as dressed.
I didnt say anything about the school board. I was only commenting on Bucs33 comment about the 2 principals and city coach???? Anyways, they are kids i'm backing them regardless of the situation.

Ny92
Freshman Team

Post by Ny92 »

Well said NYBUCS . It is time for the people in charge to be in charge of making this decision. It is a mess for sure. Rather kids have or havnt mailed in who knows for sure. They are kids and I'm sure some aren't giving 100%. Who ever they hire needs to be able to get in soon and get to work with them mentally and physically. This definatly wont be fixed over night like some people thought would happen when Coach Dean took over. It didn't get broken over night .

Return to “Football”