Week 11: #7 Oak Hill @ #2 Bishop Ready

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Week 11: #7 Oak Hill @ #2 Bishop Ready

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

If O.H. can go one on one with the rec's
stack the box and get mad pressure on the QB, then they have a shot.

I look for it to be close for one quarter, and then Ready runs away with it.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

This one is a laugher. Ready by a whole lot.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

Keeping it classy as always Paladin.

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

They are a really good team with good size and an outstanding running back who can hurt you if he gets outside on sweeps. However he makes a lot of plays on his own when the blocking breaks down , making people miss when he runs outside the blocking especially on off tackle plays. Lot of times this is a one on one situation, so pursue, swarm and gang tackle. Power off tackle, Fullback down play, some fullback trap, toss sweep, counter trey and every now and then speed option is their run game. There is a lot of motion , shifting and window dressing but that is the offense. Lot of pulling so read your keys. Any shotgun spread look is more an opportunity to run the running back and QB on counter trey plays.They have one receiver that they like to hit the backside post on for big plays off the waggle or counter pass. Defense is very good against the run up the middle but vulnerable to some types of passing . Miami Trace played with them pretty well. Hartley beat them in overtime. That being said their schedule over all has not been the toughest, they have also played some teams that were not very good and put big scores on them. This Oak team has a lot of heart and will give everything they have. The Defense needs to read their keys, don't let all the window dressing on their offense get to them, swarm, and tackle well, not give up big plays to the flanker on the waggle pass or the running back and play defense like they have all year long and they will not make it as easy a night as some might think it will be. Lot of people wanted you to believe all season that you would not have been able to achieve what you have, and so time to prove them wrong again Listen to your coaches this week and have good practices play like you have all season on defense and most of all play hard for each other.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Charles Farquar that is a great analysis of Ready and what the Oaks have to do to compete. A lot of Ironmen fans switching their colors from Red & White to Black & White this weekend and will travel north to support the Oaks. Good Luck!

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

one thing for sure i think we got a really good chance of seeing if valley can indeed play with ready. i think they can. i know we gotta long way to go to get to that game, so not getting ahead of myself, but i think valley and ready are the class of the region.

Is What It IS
Waterboy

Post by Is What It IS »

I seriously don't think it will be close. The only thing Oak Hill might win will be the coin toss.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Norm will be happy, he'll get any basketball players back on Monday

tiger_pound_mom
Waterboy

Post by tiger_pound_mom »

I'm a Ready fan, just found out about this site.. Ready looks to handle Oak Hill pretty well. I don't mean any disrespect but Ready is a dominant team and showed an even stronger fight against Hartley. It would be the biggest upset in a long time if Oak Hill were to pull this off. Any fans of Oak Hill who are making the trek to Columbus will get to visit one of the nicest stadiums in the state of Ohio as this game is being played at Upper Arlington.

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

GOOD LUCK to the Oaks

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

Enjoy the ride Oaks...You earned it on the field....Regardless of the outcome your season was a success...

timbo52
Riding the Bench

Post by timbo52 »

oak hill has a tough task ahead however i am wishing for an upset; ironton wishes you the best this week. good luck this weekend.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

BishopReadyFootball wrote:I'm a Ready fan, just found out about this site.. Ready looks to handle Oak Hill pretty well. I don't mean any disrespect but Ready is a dominant team and showed an even stronger fight against Hartley. It would be the biggest upset in a long time if Oak Hill were to pull this off. Any fans of Oak Hill who are making the trek to Columbus will get to visit one of the nicest stadiums in the state of Ohio as this game is being played at Upper Arlington.
I agree completely with everything you said. I'm afraid Ready will be way too much for the Oaks. And yes. Upper Arlington is a very beautiful facility. We at Valley played there in 2011 against Crestview. There is no way that stadium will be filled up Friday. Very Huge stadium.

philbilly
Freshman Team

Post by philbilly »

Tough beating a catholic all star team.

tiger_pound_mom
Waterboy

I was curious how long it would take the bitter and uneducated to come out... Tell me why is Ready an all star team? What do you know about these kids and their back story? Just curious, if you're going to sit there and cast stones you must know something about our program that I'm not privy to...

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Good Luck Oaks, leave it all on the field!

Dean
Freshman Team

Post by Dean »

I personally do not think people should whine about the system because it is the one we have to deal with. However , I do not think the poster from Bishop Ready should get so defensive when they have a population of over a million from which to choose while Oak Hill has a population of a few thousand(and I think he/she realizes that).

tiger_pound_mom
Waterboy

The argument has become a prop... Thats my issue. "A private school beat a public? Well, that only occurs due to cheating." These kids don't come from all over the city of Columbus, they've been in the feeder schools and grown into this incredible team they are. Just 2 years ago Akili, Yoho and company were suffering through a 4-6 record. All of the hard work they've put in to return Ready to prominence has been disregarded. Its an old argument that takes away from the efforts of the players. Anyone who knows Ready and the issues surrounding the program know all too well the administration doesn't support the athletic department. Anyways, back to the game... I expect Ready to jump on Oak Hill early and prove they are contenders for state. This team has not slept on an opponent yet and I would be shocked if they were to do that against Oak Hill. What are Oaks strengths and weaknesses?

Rekans1
Waterboy

Post by Rekans1 »

As was evident with your win at Wash Courthouse. Pure class

Rekans1
Waterboy

Post by Rekans1 »

I meant your win against Court House. 98-20
That certainly doesn't seem like you slept against them so I see your point.

Return to “Football”