Week 11: #8 Fort Frye (8-2) @ #1 Lucasville Valley (10-0)

Paladin
SEOP

Re: Week 11: #8 Fort Frye (8-2) @ #1 Lucasville Valley (10-0

Post by Paladin »

Agreed

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

Valley players and coaches will focus on one game at a time. Some of the fans may dream of bigger things but I guarantee their only focus this week is Fort Frye

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Valley is considered a running team. But have the ability and the athletes spread you out and throw the ball as well. The Online is huge and athletic. As far as size, I would say they average 6-4 to 6-3 and approx 250. They like to feed the ball mostly to Nate Arnett who I believe is listed at 6-1, 205lbs and a very physical and fast back. Valley plays a very physical style of offense that want to impose their will and wear the opponent down.
On the other side Valleys defense is fun to watch. The run a 4-4 defense and they are very quick to the ball and fundamentally sound. I would consider the defensive line exceptional and really are hard on opposing QBs when they drop back to pass. They get up the field fast and cause a lot of problems to opposing offensive lines.
Valley also has very good special teams.

crab_apple4
JV Team

Post by crab_apple4 »

EasternDspy wrote:So are Indians players to watch
I'll try to help you out a little here, just gonna name a few, but this team has many weapons... I don't have any specific stats or sizes, Jesco or Crab's Bro may be able to get those for you. This is just off the top of my head.

RB-LB Nate Arnett - 6-1, 190... 3 year starter on D, plays offense and defense the same (fast & physical). Very intelligent player, has carried the load on the ground for Indians during the big games. Excellent player

DE-TE Hayden Dunn - 6-4, 230... Great defender against pass and run, great blocker, also an extremely intelligent player.

QB - Bryan Rolfe - 6-2, 170... Just a sophomore, 10-0 as a starter. Big arm that has gotten better every week, and has become a threat running the ball in recent weeks.

WR-CB Ethan Clark-Holbrook - 6-0, 170... Biggest receiving threat. Goes up and fights for the ball.

WR-CB Zach Shope - 5-8, 150... Very fast, gets some carries too. Excellent cover corner, plays bigger than he is. Smart player

DT-FB Alex Loop - 5-8, 180... Fastest guy on the team. Gets limited carries but is a change of pace and a HR hitter. Had to average close to 10 yds per carry. Excellent blocker

LB-FB Bryce Jordan - 5-10, 200... Great blocker, and very good LB.

Also, have a very big offensive line anchored by senior twins Caleb and Kyle Miller. Both in the 6-4 250 range.

I'm leaving off a lot of guys that have had darn good seasons, you get a lot of those at 10-0... Hopefully some of the other guys can give some stats and throw in some names I left out.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Valley Offense

LT - Jordan Spradlin 6'3" - 285lbs Soph
LG - Corey Bradley 5'11" - 195lbs Sr
C - Drew Wolford 6'1" - 225lbs Soph
RG - Kyle Miller 6'4" - 250lbs Sr
RT - Caleb Miller 6'4" - 250lbs Sr
TE - Hayden Dunn 6'4" - 240lbs Sr
SE - Ethan Clark-Holbrook 6'1" - 180lbs Sr
WB - Zach Shope 5'9" - 160lbs Sr
TB - Nate Arnett 6'1" - 205lbs Sr
FB - Bryce Jordan 5'11" - 200lbs Sr
QB - Bryan Rolfe 6'2" - 170lbs Soph

Other key offensive players:
RB - Alex Loop 5'10" - 190lbs Jr
RB/WR - Blake Howard 5'11" - 155lbs Soph
WR - Ryan Brown 6'2" - 175lbs Jr
WR - Chris Flowers 5'9" - 160lbs Sr
WR - Jordan West 6'6" - 170lbs Sr
TE - Dakota Baker 6'1" - 175lbs Sr

Defense to come.....

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Valley Defense:

DE - Hayden Dunn 6'4" - 240lbs Sr
DT - Alex Loop 5'10" - 190lbs Jr
DT - Jordan Delotell 5'11" - 225lbs Soph
DE - Matt Hodge 6'1" - 180lbs Sr
OLB - Dakota Baker 6'1" - 175lbs Sr
ILB - Nate Arnett 6'1" - 205lbs Sr
ILB - Bryce Jordan 5'11" - 200lbs Sr
OLB - Chris Flowers 5'9" - 160lbs Sr
CB - Ethan Clark-Holbrook 6'1" - 180lbs Sr
CB - Zach Shope 5'9" - 160lbs Sr
FS - Ryan Brown 6'2" - 175bs Jr

Others receiving significant minutes:
DE/DT - Drew Wolford 6'1" - 225lbs Soph
DT - Caleb Miller 6'4" - 250lbs Sr
DT - Kyle Miller 6'4" - 250lbs Sr
DB - Blake Howard 5'11" - 155lbs Soph

I'm leaving some kids out for sure, but I just rattled that stuff off the top of my head so I'll update it a little later. And, as I've shamelessly plugged multiple times, I'll have a full preview story with rosters, line-ups and stats from both teams; as well as (hopefully) quotes from both coaches available by mid-week.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

EasternDspy wrote:So are Indians players to watch
You can follow this link to see Valleys home games
http://www.valleyls.org/vsn/index.php/archives

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley knows what it takes to win in the playoffs...ONE GAME at a time. The Indians will worry about nothing but FF. This is probably Valleys BEST team in the last 3 years, and the previous two lost close regional final games (1 in OT), so the seniors have know what lies ahead, and will have the team ready to play Friday night.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Valley runs away with it. Congrats to Fort Frye on getting to week 11.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Valley walks away with this game.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Fryes big problem will be that the 2 offensive guards are like 160 pounds.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Good luck to the Indians from the weather man in the Trailer Park........TTT

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

IMO valley is too physical for any team in their region! Yes even ready! Go valley! As for this game valley should have it rapped up in the first half!

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

best of luck to the indians from this burg fan. definately have the team to make a big run thru the playoffs and imo a state championship.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

EasternDspy wrote:Fort Fryes big problem will be that the 2 offensive guards are like 160 pounds.
A few other notable facts about Valley's players:

The QB, Rolfe, while only a soph, is the Offensive Coord. son. His dad is also the boys varsity basketball coach, in which Bryan started the second half of the season as the point guard as a freshman for a team that won the league championship and advanced to the District Tourney. The young man is extremely gifted and as the son of a coach, is most definitely a student of the game as well (both football and basketball). Speaking of the basketball team, the entire Varsity basketball team from last year, are all members of the football team......including the 6'4"-250lbs twin offensive linemen Miller brothers (both 2-year starters on the offensive line). The best basketball player for the Indians also happens to be one of the top players on the football team, Hayden Dunn (6'4"-240lbs TE/DE). The kid is legit and you'll walk away from the game as impressed by him as any kid you'll see play at the D-6 level this season. Without having the totals in front of me I can't be for certain, but I believe Arnett ran for over 1,000 yards this season as the feature back in the offense. Arnett, along with Jordan and Loop all have size and will NOT look to run around anyone. Loop in particular has made a couple of runs this year that simply amaze, specifically his long touchdown run in the Chesapeake game. The WR's are playmakers, specifically Clark-Holbrook and Shope. As crab_apple mentioned earlier, Shope has had touches in the passing game as well as in the running game, and Clark-Holbrook has been the leading receiver each of the last two years. In goal-line situations, West can be a match-up nightmare as a 6'6" 4-year starter (as of this current upcoming bball season) as a guard/forward in basketball. Bradley, the smallest of the offensive linemen, is a two-year starting senior at left guard.

Defensively, Arnett (also a standout baseball player) is a 3-year starter at LB. Dunn and Hodge are excellent DE's. Hodge has "All-State track speed", since qualifying for the state track meet in the 300 hurdles as a soph two years ago and finishing 3rd (I think, but I could be wrong). Loop is also a multi-year starter on the defensive line, and is very disruptive up front with his speed and athleticism. Baker, another two-year starter, has really come on as a senior OLB. Clark-Holbrook and Shope, at the corners, are also multi-year starters who are also multi-sport standouts and fellow seniors. Jordan, also a senior, started at safety last year before moving to LB this year and being replaced by Brown (a Junior who saw significant minutes last year) at FS. Flowers is a first year starter at LB, and while undersized, his athleticism (you guessed it, standout basketball player) has made for an excellent addition to the defense. Wolford, who now plays on the defensive line, saw minutes last year as a freshman at LB (including 1 start in a crucial conference game against Minford in last year's regular season finale). Delotell is a converted RB, now playing on the defensive line as a soph and is the younger brother of one of the few departing senior starters from last year's squad. As a unit, the defense has had a total of 4 INT's returned for TD's this year.

Obviously, I'm more than a little bit biased, and I never even try to hide that. However, this team is potentially the best team in Valley's school history. I don't necessarily like putting that kind of label on these kids right now, as they still have a lot of work in front of them. But, I'm sure all who have watched them play (both fans and foes alike) would agree that this team doesn't seem at all interested in "labels". They have played very focused football since their Week Four "performance" against Chesapeake. That was the only time I've seen this group play as if all they had to do was "show up" and their FLAT play produced a very weak game and subsequently led to the coaching staff getting their FULL ATTENTION! The results have spoken for themselves since. They are very talented across the board, in addition to being experienced and athletic (as evidenced by the examples I gave of their success in other sports), and they have excellent depth for a Division 6 football team.
Last edited by Jesco White on Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

no sence in getting into blowout predictions, I think valley may be too strong here. but all you have to do is have 1 more point when the clock hits zeros to move on. good luck valley

J8fusl
Freshman Team

Post by J8fusl »

Sounds like we should try to play them in basketball too. Lol

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

I noticed these stats for Nate Arnett on another site. They sound right.
133 carries 1,016 yards 15 tds (7.6yds per carry)
Last edited by nutronron2012 on Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

J8fusl wrote:Sounds like we should try to play them in basketball too. Lol
How about a scrimmage after the football game? lol The doors to the basketball gym are only a few feet from the gate to the stadium!!! 8) 8) 8)

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

nutronron2012 wrote:I noticed these stats for Nate Arnett on another site. They sound right.
133 carries 1,016 yards 15 tds
Yeah, that looks to be right. I'd bet Crab's Bro would have a better idea on all of the stats than me though.

Return to “Football”