10/24 H River Valley (5-5) [5:17] W 77-14
10/31 A Nelsonville-York (7-4) [6:21] W 48-22
11/7 H # Granville (8-3) [3:9] W 65-14
11/14 N # Tri-Valley (11-1) [3:9] W 41-20
11/21 N # Columbus St Francis DeSales (10-3) [3:9] W 52-20
11/28 N # St Vincent-St Mary (11-3) [3:7] W 34-31
12/4 N # Central Catholic (13-2) [3:8] L 52-56

^^^thats the best team seo has seen
Maybe I should have specified Scioto County rather than the entire area.

But I did watch the 14 Athens team and they were awesome. I think the difference between that team and this years Burg team is that Burg will get the job done and win it.

I also watched the 2000 Portsmouth team and I think they were the same caliber as that Athens team. Athens was probably better, but they were similar in the caliber of talent.
I did not get to see the 00 portsmouth team so not much insight.. I believe what will seperate this burg team from athens is the D. athens thou very good did give some some points in the playoffs and it also lost them the title game
Thought you were going to start preaching for a second. Lol

Ground Buck
All Conference

Re: Wheelersburg 4-0 @ Jackson 4-0

Post by Ground Buck »

Can't see Burg losing this one. Too bad NY dropped to D6 this year. Would love to see the Buckeyes get some revenge in the playoffs. Will Jackson be dropping them soon? :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Ground Buck wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:50 am Can't see Burg losing this one. Too bad NY dropped to D6 this year. Would love to see the Buckeyes get some revenge in the playoffs. Will Jackson be dropping them soon? :mrgreen:
It would take a hell of a lot more than revenge to win that one. Haha

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

P(irate) wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:54 am
Ground Buck wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:50 am Can't see Burg losing this one. Too bad NY dropped to D6 this year. Would love to see the Buckeyes get some revenge in the playoffs. Will Jackson be dropping them soon? :mrgreen:
It would take a hell of a lot more than revenge to win that one. Haha
I guess we'll get a barometer from this weeks opponent. Of course after NY beats them down they will be a shadow of what they were when Burg gets them. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

P(irate) wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:46 am
donaldtrump wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:39 am Burg has a good team but overall I think all the Conferences in our area are way down in talent from previous years....Way Down!!! So this makes Burg look better than they may actually be in the Donald"s opinion....
In the SOCII Burg, Waverly and West are 4-0. That must mean they are all down. Burg hasn't played a conference game yet so how does that already make them look better than they actually are. There is no validity to your ASSumption.
You gonna give yourself arthritis in the hands trying to put logic out there, P.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

donaldtrump wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:39 am Burg has a good team but overall I think all the Conferences in our area are way down in talent from previous years....Way Down!!! So this makes Burg look better than they may actually be in the Donald"s opinion....
I think that there is alot of validity to your statement. Wheelersburg has a very talented team, but talent as a whole in the area is way down from what it was even 5 years ago, which was down from 5 years before that.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Westfan wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:29 pm
I think that there is alot of validity to your statement. Wheelersburg has a very talented team, but talent as a whole in the area is way down from what it was even 5 years ago, which was down from 5 years before that.
I don't think it is down as much as people think. I think some of it is that their is more parity.
Their is a lot talent out their it's just spread around a bit more.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I don't think talent is down either. I think there is more talent and evenly spread. Teams are more even and competitive. Then you have the teams with a little more talent then the pack and they stand out. Like Ny, Jackson, waverly,and burg.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

These statements amuse me. It's like saying burg is only good because the rest of us suck. Wow! I mean was this the thinking when valley won three in a row?

......Well the only reason valley won it was that burg sucked. Otherwise, we wouldn't have....

Wheelersburg has an extremely talented team. Just give them credit. Good grief

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

wobycat wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:23 pm
These statements amuse me. It's like saying burg is only good because the rest of us suck. Wow! I mean was this the thinking when valley won three in a row?

......Well the only reason valley won it was that burg sucked. Otherwise, we wouldn't have....

Wheelersburg has an extremely talented team. Just give them credit. Good grief
They just can't woby. They just don't see the flawed logic in which they live by. It's more ridiculous every year. They just don't get it.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

So West sucks. That's good to know. Burg will probably put a running clock on them then.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Burg has potential to put a running clock on every team they play..

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I said "Wheelersburg has a very talented team". Yes?

I said the area. Wheelersburg isn't the only team in the area. Like a bunch of over sensitive children.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Westfan wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:39 pm I said "Wheelersburg has a very talented team". Yes?

I said the area. Wheelersburg isn't the only team in the area. Like a bunch of over sensitive children.
But that talent is down from 5 years ago. And down from 5 years before that. So Burg isn't as talented now. Neither is a 4-0 Waverly, Jackson, West. Come on man. What tf are you smoking. Burg has only played 2 teams from SEO and the one that gave the best game out of all 4 they played was Fairland. So talent must be down state wide, at least up to DIII, huh?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

WOW!!! 4-0 Wheelersburg at 4-0 Jackson!! If you that doesn't make your blood pump for Football Friday Night than nothing will!! Two of the most storied programs of the area about to set off in a mid season showdown that will make headlines from the Ohio River to the banks of Lake Erie!!!! I encourage ALL FOOTBLL fans to get a ticket, bring a friend, and pack the football stadium for the young men out there going to battle!!!!!!! As fans we can do our part and show up!! Put thousands in the seats for the boys of fall!!!!!!!!!

Both teams are absolutely full of star power talent that only true southern Ohio folks can assemble. Big, strong, fast, hit you in the mouth for four quarters style kids. The game to watch will be the game within the game. Who can play the most discipline football, mistake free, fewest penalty's, least amount of turnovers, battle of the line of scrimmage and missed opportunities are all the factors that will determine who comes out victorious!!!

Grab a glass of Apple Cider and enjoy the full affect of Football Friday Night!!!!!!!1

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

So West and Waverly are both bad. That is hysterical. I have watched southern ohio football for years and it comes in trends. Burg has been the most consistent. West has a coach that finally has his program established and got the boys playing well. Baltimore Liberty Union is still mad Coach Johnson left. They are now mediocre. Waverly is coming around. They always play Burg tough like West does. When those teams play it is anybody ballgame. Records don't matter. So yes chest thump about the Burg. But remember, the 2002 West team made it to the finals. Nobody talks about them. I know the old qb for West named Williams from that 02 team was coaching at Burg. If I am not mistaken. Root for your team and be glad when they win. I guarantee you none of these kids are taking anything for granted week in and week out. Burg is a good coached ball club and really talented. It will be a great run this year and fun to watch.

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

Tonight's JV Final:

Burg 14
Jackson 12

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

The Nature Boy wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:38 pm So West and Waverly are both bad. That is hysterical. I have watched southern ohio football for years and it comes in trends. Burg has been the most consistent. West has a coach that finally has his program established and got the boys playing well. Baltimore Liberty Union is still mad Coach Johnson left. They are now mediocre. Waverly is coming around. They always play Burg tough like West does. When those teams play it is anybody ballgame. Records don't matter. So yes chest thump about the Burg. But remember, the 2002 West team made it to the finals. Nobody talks about them. I know the old qb for West named Williams from that 02 team was coaching at Burg. If I am not mistaken. Root for your team and be glad when they win. I guarantee you none of these kids are taking anything for granted week in and week out. Burg is a good coached ball club and really talented. It will be a great run this year and fun to watch.
Good post

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

The Nature Boy wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:38 pm So West and Waverly are both bad. That is hysterical. I have watched southern ohio football for years and it comes in trends. Burg has been the most consistent. West has a coach that finally has his program established and got the boys playing well. Baltimore Liberty Union is still mad Coach Johnson left. They are now mediocre. Waverly is coming around. They always play Burg tough like West does. When those teams play it is anybody ballgame. Records don't matter. So yes chest thump about the Burg. But remember, the 2002 West team made it to the finals. Nobody talks about them. I know the old qb for West named Williams from that 02 team was coaching at Burg. If I am not mistaken. Root for your team and be glad when they win. I guarantee you none of these kids are taking anything for granted week in and week out. Burg is a good coached ball club and really talented. It will be a great run this year and fun to watch.
Very good post! Also valley just a few short years ago was spanking teams. I feel like they are starting to come back around.

Burg Bias
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg Bias »

P(irate) wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:24 am
Burg Bias wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:17 am Burg was jacked up and laser focused to play a Bishop Watterson team that was thought to be the caliber of a Bishop Hartley. They were not. It is difficult to get up for two games in a row so I look for the Pirates to come out flat but wake up and take care of business.
This definitely looks like a top five Burg team. The Pirate JV defense came in late in the game against Watterson's 1st string offense and held their own which shows just how deep this team is. :o
Go Pirates!
They are going to have to learn to come out jacked up and laser focused multiple weeks in a row if they want to win playoff games. I don't see anyone coming out flat. This will be full throttle from the get go.
It's easy to get up for a lose and you're out playoff game. A non-league mid season game is less so. Jackson isn't hard to get up for but I just have a feeling the Pirates are going to start slow in this one. Just a hunch. I do think they'll get the win easily.
Go Pirates!

Return to “Football”