Future of the P.V.C.

sportsfan
JV Team

Re: Future of the P.V.C.

Post by sportsfan »

The PVC. is a good basketball conference but not football friendly. Lockerrooms at Fort Frye ,Shenandoah and Frontier are a long way from the field and many teams do not go to the lockerroom at half. When at Caldwell you dress at the school and bus to the field . Monroe is good and Trail is good and River, the field house is small but convient . The PVC will find a basketball school and make everything work .River will not be missed .They struggled with the stronger boys basketball teams over the years. They were successful last year but had their top 7 players graduate . Gates and travel were the two main reasons to leave the conference. They will find a workable schedule and every one will be happy .

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

Just a tough league as far as travel goes. With River leaving I can't see it lasting much longer with just six schools.
You know if you're a long-time follower of the PVC that Barnesville and Shadyside won't be joining, and to suggest Crooksville and West M coming aboard is just silly.
It had a nice run, but it never really had the right push to become something special. Who is the commissioner?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

The league will be fine with 6 teams believe me when I say this River is not keeping this league together. PVC existed just fine before River.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

I'm sure they're happy where they are, but I could see Belpre fitting in better than most of the teams mentioned.

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

I wish the PVC luck, but with a 6-team league has got to be one of the smallest in Ohio. Belpre might be nice add, and maybe Waterford, if it just wants to be a hoops league.

nctabulator
Riding the Bench

Post by nctabulator »

Has anyone seen football schedules for 2014 yet?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

6 team league is fine the PVC is just a sub league to the OVAC anyway.. I really want to know why the league won't work at 6 teams?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Just River people trying to make them seem more important then they actually are. I would rather be in a league with 6 teams then be an independent. Teams are locked for 5 league games then they have flexibility to schedule 5 non league schools. Also to be honest as a Cadet backer I see no reason to play River in any sport.. They want to fade away like Beallsville.. Yes I understand Beallsville has been a legit small playoff team but they get like no publicity. They are rarely are talked about and in basketball they always have decent record but never do much.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Six teams per conference is not unheard of and would be fine.

If they expanded, they'd really need to go to two geographic divisions to make it work.
East: Frontier, River, Monroe Central, Shadyside, Barnesville
West: Fort Frye, Caldwell, Shenandoah, Buckeye Trail, and Belpre

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

surfsider wrote:I wish the PVC luck, but with a 6-team league has got to be one of the smallest in Ohio.
With Portsmouth leaving, the SEOAL is down to 4 schools - Logan, Jackson, Gallia Academy and Warren.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I really think Belpre would be perfect someone call them up.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

From a travel perspective, a TVC division including Fort Frye, Belpre, Eastern, and Federal Hocking would be pretty ideal. Since we're in the Eastern Disctrict, if Fort Frye played more teams south of the Muskingum, it would also make postseason a lot more interesting.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I don't want to move to TVC unless Fort is promised a game vs Trimble or Nelsonville.I have always wanted to play the Buckeyes.

lovethemtigers
Waterboy

Post by lovethemtigers »

If Meadowbrook had any brains, they never would have joined the ECOL!
PVC should look to one team that will likely try to apply in the future as they are severing connections with teams they have played for the past 15-30s. Union Local is leaving the B8 and wants to be with more teams it can compete with. I bet they try to join the PVC, although I don't think it will necessarily help them compete. Look for them to get teams like the Zeps back on the schedule as they are sounding like they will drop Bellaire, Ferry, and maybe even StC. UL could likely fall to D6 in 2 yrs as well. I have to admit I would enjoy seeing them lose to Trail many years.

Bart Kowski
Waterboy

Post by Bart Kowski »

it would be fun to beat Fort Frye every year in football.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

It's all good because Nelsonville would get worked by Fort in basketball.

sportsfan
JV Team

Post by sportsfan »

There were many River people who were upset with the past River Administration for joining the PVC .The travel being one issue and leaving traditional games with local schools another. As I have stated the PVC is very good in Boys Basketball and except for Monroe or Woodsfield the league offers another school every year being good .For a while it was Caldwell then Shenandoah .Afew years ago River and Trail played in the 9th game both unbeaten and both made the playoffs . The travel and non rival games has made it a problem with current money issues . Once again River will get a schedule and the PVC will find a replacement and all will be happy . No one in this area has any problems with any teams in the PVC. Some posters have taken a strange stance on this issue and it appears to be one sided .I wish good luck to all .

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

Post by Jakefromstatefarm »

As much as I would love to see another team joins, I think the PVC stays as is once River leaves. The league can survive without them, and i'm sure River will do fine outside of the league.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

What was the reason they left? I was told tonight that Fort Frye has a home and home with River starting next yr. Must be travel issues in other sports.

nctabulator
Riding the Bench

Post by nctabulator »

Do you know what week the River/Fort Frye game is scheduled for?

Return to “Football”