SEO

Re: 4-4 Logan @ 5-3 Gallia Academy

Post by moonshine »

Run Forrest Run!, watch for kickoff and punt returns

tiger101
Waterboy

Post by tiger101 »

doubleplay643 wrote:How about copying and pasting that July or August pre-season prediction Paladin? I am not saying I don't believe you, just like to see the date when you as the all knowing, all wise Oz made the prediction that is all. You may very well could have, but I doubt it was made as early as you are leading everyone to believe.

Having seen both squads play, Logan has an advantage here with their O-Line play and running attack. However most of their success to date with that has been on the edges with jet sweeps and the like. Gallia pretty good on the edges especially if Warnimount is healthy. Look for Logan to have the most success between the tackles in this one.

If one person drives from Logan to Gallipolis three times Paladin, and someone else drives from Logan to Gallipolis two times which one drives the most miles O' great Oz?

Math, it is what most people use when making statistical analysis Paladin. Try is someday you ole football expert you lol.
I would guess that Paladin actually DID make that prediction early. In fact, he predicts the same thing every year.
2010, Paladin predicted Logan would finish 8-2 with possible chance at an undefeated season. Logan finished 3-7.
2011, well.... Not going to beat that dead horse.
2012, Paladin predicts Logan will go 6-4 and had good chance to win the league title. Logan finished 2-8 (2-3).

Don't let him take attention away from the fact than Logan has a good team and doing a great job of turning things around in the football program. I'll take Logan 28-14.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Locos...Are you gonna do your Logan lineups, starters, etc. this week. Thanks.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I wouldn't be so certain that Logan can beat Warren!

Auburntgrfan
All Conference

Post by Auburntgrfan »

The big difference in the Gallia v Warren game was the very first play. 315 lb Brandon Pahl hit the QB just as he released the ball and knocked him backwards about two to three yards in the air. That set the tone for the rest of the game, I think it rattled him, he threw short, floated the ball, three picks Warren ended up sacking him three times, hurried him several more. Just got him out of his sync, and he never recovered. If he is on Logan could be in for a rough night, Gallia has good athletes. This could turn into a pick-um game. Should be a dandy at any rate.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Agreed!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I just hope the Chiefs can win a tough road game and regain their footing in the SEOAL. By the way, while I understand Logan's motto, I think "Restore Order" is kind of arrogant. How about "The Return of Pride!"

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Before the pride..... Logan had to have order within the ranks and they are doing that so far.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

noreply66 wrote:Before the pride..... Logan had to have order within the ranks and they are doing that so far.
Also Coach Burke has and is continuing to restore DISCIPLINE!

Hit the QB hard and often!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Jottings wrote:Locos...Are you gonna do your Logan lineups, starters, etc. this week. Thanks.
Yep. Should be up on Friday morning.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

It’s a big game for both teams, SEOAL title up for grabs. Would have been a bigger game for Gallia had they won last week with playoff aspirations still in affect… Logan should be a slight favorite. I say that because most of Gallia’s problems can’t be corrected in one week. It’s hard to believe Gallia has won as many games as we have playing basically no defense at all… Maybe that tells us something about our schedule… Being senior night will have little effect on the outcome and the field should be in decent shape. Looking forward to a very competitive game and a possible hook up with Logos and his sidekick. LOL..

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

I am tempted to watch this game instead of Jackson since it has more leagus implications for Jackson than our game has!
GO BLUE :122246

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Ah, yes, superblue -- the schedule. Glad you brought that up. This year NO ONE from the SEOAL will make the playoffs. NONE . NADA. ZILCH. And looking at Gallia's schedule reveals.............. well, lets take a look........... Rock Hill 1-7, Marietta 2-6, Portsmouth 2-6,Warren 3-5 ( was 2-5 when they beat you), Vinton Co. 4-4. And you are also correct that Gallia has no D. Gave up tons of points to losing teams. Has only two real teams who could be "considered" good on the schedule. And as we all know, D wins Championships. This has been one of the weakest years in the SEOAL I've seen in some time. Really an off year. But a title is up for grabs. I'm inclined to think Logan has played the best schedule in league, as usual. Will it pay off ?

I think LOGAN wins the SEOAL this year . If they do.......................... schedule will have helped.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Funny you should mention the playoffs.

The Logan Daily News will take a look at the SEOAL and the playoffs this week and I'll have a new topic on Thursday on that subject.

Long story short - the SEOAL is performing HISTORICALLY badly in regard to the OHSAA playoffs. It is very much a down year for the SEOAL. But someone has to win it, so it might as well by the Chieftains picking up trophy number 26.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I'll look forward to that, Locos. I have a hard time remembering when the last time was that NO ONE from the SEOAL made the playoffs. Really horrible year for the league. But schedules play a BIG PART.

Same goes for SEO, as usual. A few teams will make the playoffs but I don't see a Regional Champ any where in sight. And some are going to be embarrassed, also as usual.

Let us know the day the article hits the LDN.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Trimble best chance in SEO to make it out IMHO

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I like Steubenville C.C. and Shadyside in the region.

Logan's schedule has Zanesville, who I like to win their region and Loudonville, who won't win their region ( I like Coldwater there) but be competitve. Lancaster will just miss the playoffs. Chiefs scrimmaged Logan Elm & Circleville and both will make the playoffs. Sheridan ( scrimmage) will come close but probably miss

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Don't disagree with Steubenville CC actually, but of the SEO teams Tomcats have a good shot as any followed by Athens.

Jackson played West Jefferson, Wheelersburg, and Athens. All will be in playoffs but week 12 looks tough for each of them I believe. Scrimmages gave us a little false hope as we played Court House and Nelsonville York and fared well, but each of their programs struggling a little bit this year.

SEOAL clearly in a bit of a down cycle this year.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

go blue hittem hard :idea:

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

ATHENS ???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You aren't serious ? Marion-Franklin, Brookhaven, Dover/New Philly if they both make it are better than Athens. In fact, Pasteur's computer rankings don't even have them in the Top 15 in D-III. The TVC schedule will kill them come playoff time.

Anyone got the weather report for game time in Gallia ?

Go Chiefs. The title is yours for the taking.

Return to “Football”