Re: Week 8/2-5 ironton @ 6-1 columbus bishop hartley

Post by bird78 »

HARTLEY 63.....TIGGERS 6...... 8) :!: :idea:

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

The FC Fan wrote:
knightruner wrote:Well maybe some of us are giving a little too much to Hartly.
A record of 45-5 the past four years, recent state champions, probably the best team in one of Ohio's toughest leagues (the Central Catholic League). They've deserved the respect and attention they have gotten.

I hear from my SC buddies that the Ironton game wasn't actually that close. Kept it close on the scoreboard early on but SC's depth wore the Tigers out. Hartley's speed will kill the Tigers yet again.

I think this is going to play out like last year in Ironton. Hawks name the score.

38-14 and giving up 7 yards a carry is not what I would call "keeping it close". Ironton had issues stopping Bell and Hamrock, and SC runs a more traditional set offense if I recall correctly.

I understand you guys want to be optimistic, but realism is a better fit for you guys. Ironton isn't the same program it was a few years ago, ten years ago, or even twenty years ago. Ironton would be a last place finisher this year in the CCL if they competed, so I find it hilarious how several of you think Ironton can waltz into Columbus and take one from Hartley so easily.

Just remember - Ironton got bested by St Charles by four scores and Hartley took care of business against SC. Ironton had an ugly, close win against Amanda, who Hartley was able to beat at their place by 32. I know some one will follow up with the smart as "well I guess they shouldn't show up to the game" kind of spiel, but in all reality, this will not be a four quarter war. I know the Tigers will come out ready to play, but let's face it, Hartley is just too good.
It was 17-14 at the half.
3 turnovers and St. Charles did wear down Ironton in the second half.
Ironton played their hearts out so look at the score all you want and preach it wasn't close I never claimed it was close the whole game I even said Ironton was in the game till have time but the second half the came out turned the ball over and St. Charles scored and that was the beginning of the end there.
Ironton will be in the game at Hartley will they win probably not but they will try and hopefully stay injury free.
But St. Charles yes St.Charles did out score Ironton 21-0 but take that turnover away to start the second have and a Ironton score and maybe things would be different but the game was closer than people think.
Most of the year Ironton has been starting basically a JV team due to injuries.
But Ironton had a holding call on a 80 touchdown brought back among other mistakes this Ironton team plays turn over and mistake free ball they can win and they are learning that right now.
Yes they lost to St. Charles no disputing that but they beat Russell pretty well Ashland beat Russell by a point Ashland ran all over Ironton so anything can happen.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Ironton will be in this game until the coin flip !

AHM
Freshman Team

Post by AHM »

Ironton was able to score off of a SC turnover and on a trick play. The game was never really in doubt and was never close.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Maniac, we all appreciate your enthusiasm, but sometimes the excuses get old "jv team" etc. I don't see other teams making excuses for big losses. Is what it is. Good Luck Ironton this week!

fe2000lbsII
Waterboy

Post by fe2000lbsII »

maniac66 wrote:
The FC Fan wrote:
knightruner wrote:Well maybe some of us are giving a little too much to Hartly.
A record of 45-5 the past four years, recent state champions, probably the best team in one of Ohio's toughest leagues (the Central Catholic League). They've deserved the respect and attention they have gotten.

I hear from my SC buddies that the Ironton game wasn't actually that close. Kept it close on the scoreboard early on but SC's depth wore the Tigers out. Hartley's speed will kill the Tigers yet again.

I think this is going to play out like last year in Ironton. Hawks name the score.

38-14 and giving up 7 yards a carry is not what I would call "keeping it close". Ironton had issues stopping Bell and Hamrock, and SC runs a more traditional set offense if I recall correctly.

I understand you guys want to be optimistic, but realism is a better fit for you guys. Ironton isn't the same program it was a few years ago, ten years ago, or even twenty years ago. Ironton would be a last place finisher this year in the CCL if they competed, so I find it hilarious how several of you think Ironton can waltz into Columbus and take one from Hartley so easily.

Just remember - Ironton got bested by St Charles by four scores and Hartley took care of business against SC. Ironton had an ugly, close win against Amanda, who Hartley was able to beat at their place by 32. I know some one will follow up with the smart as "well I guess they shouldn't show up to the game" kind of spiel, but in all reality, this will not be a four quarter war. I know the Tigers will come out ready to play, but let's face it, Hartley is just too good.
It was 17-14 at the half.
3 turnovers and St. Charles did wear down Ironton in the second half.
Ironton played their hearts out so look at the score all you want and preach it wasn't close I never claimed it was close the whole game I even said Ironton was in the game till have time but the second half the came out turned the ball over and St. Charles scored and that was the beginning of the end there.
Ironton will be in the game at Hartley will they win probably not but they will try and hopefully stay injury free.
But St. Charles yes St.Charles did out score Ironton 21-0 but take that turnover away to start the second have and a Ironton score and maybe things would be different but the game was closer than people think.
Most of the year Ironton has been starting basically a JV team due to injuries.
But Ironton had a holding call on a 80 touchdown brought back among other mistakes this Ironton team plays turn over and mistake free ball they can win and they are learning that right now.
Yes they lost to St. Charles no disputing that but they beat Russell pretty well Ashland beat Russell by a point Ashland ran all over Ironton so anything can happen.
The FC Fan, this is one Ironton supporter that agrees with everything you said in your post. I understand some Ironton fans trying to grasp anything positive out of this season but at some point you just have to be realistic. Ironton will not be in this game at all.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

local superstar wrote:Maniac, we all appreciate your enthusiasm, but sometimes the excuses get old "jv team" etc. I don't see other teams making excuses for big losses. Is what it is. Good Luck Ironton this week!
How many teams had 8 starters out for one game and then lose several others.
If this Ironton team stayed healthy all year it would be different but they haven't.
You tell me what local team can lose so many players and keep putting soph. and freshman in and not miss a beat?????????
Could Athens do so ?
Could Chilly do so that is the point you lose that many starters it takes a toll so call it a excuse all you want but understand the facts of the matter before commenting on something.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

The FC Fan, this is one Ironton supporter that agrees with everything you said in your post. I understand some Ironton fans trying to grasp anything positive out of this season but at some point you just have to be realistic. Ironton will not be in this game at all.[/quote]

I don't go by the fact a team shouldn't go because they will lose on everyone's say so.
I do believe the kids will show up and play hard and try to win.
I support Ironton but I am realistic their chances to win will be slim but regardless I will support them every way I can.
And by hoping the best for them is unrealistic then I hate that for you.
I hope for a win yes but I hope they improve and learn and stay healthy just as much.
That is a true fan and supporter SO GRASP THAT

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

Paladin wrote:Ironton will be in this game until the coin flip !
about like logan being in game until they step on field vs Zanesville :122245 and just FYI Portsmouth DID NOT just kick around ironton as you claim in your previous post be at the game before you make comments like that.

good luck tigers keep improving

bubba_smurf
Waterboy

Post by bubba_smurf »

Ironton is basically the burg two years ago.The game last week showed that the players have the athletic ability to be very successful starting next year.I know that the age card has been played over and over by our fans,including me,but it is a very legitimate point.Trust me,play our sophs and the three or four jrs who start varsity now against the same classes at most high schools and the games would be no contests.By the way, you won't be able to get out of that scenario starting next year,so have your fun now.Peace out.

I AM FORREST
Riding the Bench

Post by I AM FORREST »

FORREST SAYS:As much as it saddens FORREST, now that the kittens are in the OVC he must hope for them to win when playing a team from out of our area!!! If you believe that then you don't know FORREST LMAO!!!!! Here we go Hartley here we go!!!! :razz: :razz:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

bird78 wrote:HARTLEY 63.....TIGGERS 6...... 8) :!: :idea:

TIGGERS------ REALLY AFTER WHAT YOU CHEIFTAINS HAVE BEEN THROUGH THE LAST 5 YEARS, THAT IS AS CLASSLESS AS PALADIN'S COMMENT. YOU NEVER HEARD TIGER FANS OR AT LEAST THIS ONE CALLING THE CHEIFTAINS SQUAWS OR SOMETHING DURING YOUR LAST 5 YEARS. AND LOGAN HAS THE SAME TYPE YEAR GOING, I'M GONNA THROW A 15 YARDER ON YOU N YOUR STUFFED PUPS ON THIS ONE.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Paladin wrote:Ironton will be in this game until the coin flip !

ALWAYS KEEPIN IT CLASSY PALADIN WE CAN ALWAYS COUNT ON THAT.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Logan 2013 Football

8/30 A Lancaster (4-3) [1:2] L 7-57
9/6 H Teays Valley (2-5) [2:5] L 13-26
9/13 H Newark (0-7) [1:1] W 32-27
9/20 H Loudonville (7-0) [5:16] L 7-31
9/27 A Nelsonville-York (2-5) [6:21] W 14-12
10/4 H Portsmouth (2-5) [5:17] W 54-27
10/11 H Jackson (3-4) [3:9] W 28-21
10/18 A Zanesville (7-0) [2:5]
10/25 A Gallia Academy (5-2) [4:14]
11/1 H Warren (2-5) [4:13]

OH, HOW'D THAT HAPPEN, YOU MAY BEAT WARREN. YOU'LL BE HOME AGAIN FOR THE HOLIDAYS.

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

jagered wrote:Hartley may get a loss and possibly 2 but it won't be against Ironton. They play a brutal schedule and could very easily lose the last 2 games. And as far as the comment about the MAC and Coldwater my man they have the Most state championships of any conference in the state collectively so not sure what you meant by that and maybe I misunderstood what you are trying to say. That conference has won 29 State Championships since 1967 and Versailles has been down the last few years.
Thats just what I met they are tough as hell. I leave in the Dayton area and know them well. The Soc would be lucky to go 500 in that league.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Speed kills and the young tigers boys will find out what kind of speed Hartley has;

Bishop Hartley 38

ironton 7

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

BAIT......THE CLASSNESS ONE IS YOUR COMMENT ON OUR THREAD......IF YOU CAN'T RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS.....STAY UNDER THE PORCH..... :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

we have been playin and beatin the big dogs for decades birdie. at least we schedule them, when is the last time you guys just beat Lancaster, the last time ironton did they were 3ed in the state in the big division, and the tigers mauled them. I don't get on logan threads being a horses butt. the tigers struggle one year and there go the coin toss n tigger comments. when you are the paper lions. ironton football is family to me, so I don't take kindly to bullies. and like any dad I take care of my kids.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

what comment was that bird. the one where I said I thought Zanesville was too strong for logan this year.what's wrong with an opinion.
you n paladin was both poured from the same jello mold, I have no reason to get on logan threads and belittle their kids, now in years past I may have been guilty, when you all were slinging it heavy our way, I ain't that guy anymore.

moonshine
SEO

Re: Week 8/6-1 Cols. Bishop Hartley@2-5 Ironton

Post by moonshine »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:Time warner is also replaying this game.

Not sure why they choose so mismatches to show.

I contacted them and they gave me some bull about how they put a lot of time into picking the games based on, which games they think will be competitive.
I also want to know why they are showing such a mismatch!

Return to “Football”