Riding the Bench

Re: Ironton to the OVC?

Post by I AM FORREST »

FORREST SAYS: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

dragonsfan24 wrote:Gallia was extended a bid at the same time as Ironton and Portsmouth but declined.

With the TVC turning down the SEOAL teams could we see Gallia, and maybe Jackson coming and wanting in?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I like the direction that the OVC has gone with the additions of Portsmouth and Ironton. All of the schools are on US52 and an easy commute to games. I think the last thing they would want is to add a school much larger than any other school like Jackson. The OVC needs to watch out they do not get too big too fast. Adding divisions and too many teams may not be the best thing for the league as a whole.

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

4th n Goal wrote:I like the direction that the OVC has gone with the additions of Portsmouth and Ironton. All of the schools are on US52 and an easy commute to games. I think the last thing they would want is to add a school much larger than any other school like Jackson. The OVC needs to watch out they do not get too big too fast. Adding divisions and too many teams may not be the best thing for the league as a whole.
I agree 100%. The ovc is almost like a city league because all the schools are so close. I think the ovc will finally step up with the exitement of two prestigous schools coming in.

Or.....
Jackson
Gallia
Fairland
Sp
Chesapeake
Portsmouth
Ironton

If RH continues to struggle, and CG is upset that there are bigger schools coming in they may try to go to SOC 1. This obviously would be at least a couple years away.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Yes the first year will be an adjustment but looking forward to developing competitions and rivalries.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I am too. and I like 4th n goal's comment.

oneoak
Varsity

Post by oneoak »

Since Gallia Academy declined the invitation to join, do you think the league should seek an eight member elsewhere, wait it out to see if GAHS decides to join later or just leave it at seven members?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I really look for Jackson and gahs to eventually land in the ovc myself.
and I would welcome both ole foes back myself.
but that's all above my pay grade.

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

The only problem with jackson and gallia coming in is they would have a really weak schedule. They are both division 3 when the rest of the league is division 5 or 6.

For example jackson went 6-4 in 2013. If they were in the ovc they would have went 8-0 (with gallia,ironton, portsmouth included) and say they lost their 2 out of conference g.ames..... Would they have mAde the playoffs? Even if they did they wouldnt have been prepared for a #1 or 2 seed in div 3.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

goUK wrote:The only problem with jackson and gallia coming in is they would have a really weak schedule. They are both division 3 when the rest of the league is division 5 or 6.

For example jackson went 6-4 in 2013. If they were in the ovc they would have went 8-0 (with gallia,ironton, portsmouth included) and say they lost their 2 out of conference g.ames..... Would they have mAde the playoffs? Even if they did they wouldnt have been prepared for a #1 or 2 seed in div 3.
so Jackson automatically gets the win over Ironton Portsmouth Fairland , and CG ????? of their 6 wins 0 was against a team with a winning record!!!

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
goUK wrote:The only problem with jackson and gallia coming in is they would have a really weak schedule. They are both division 3 when the rest of the league is division 5 or 6.

so Jackson automatically gets the win over Ironton Portsmouth Fairland , and CG ????? of their 6 wins 0 was against a team with a winning record!!!

Lol. A simple check on joeeitel would prove that portsmouth would have probably won the ovc, another check on joeeitel would show that jackson beat portsmouth and portsmouth beat ironton.

Portsmouth lost to valley 19-28
Cg lost to valley 21-56
Fairland lost to gallia academy by 25 points.
Guess who beat gallia academy? You guessed it, Jackson.

Is that enough?

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

not even close, any1 that knows area football would know who would have won ovc last year =Fairland. I suppose us tigers should just go ahead and give Jackson the W for 2014 huh ?

and ps Jackson beat no winning team in 2013 period!!LOL Played 3 quality teams and loss 140-21

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

Fair vs gallia lost by 25
Ports vs gallia lost by 6

Fair vs west won by 12
Ports vs west won by 15

Fair vs burg lost by 23
Ports vs burg lost by 28

Fairland beat 1 winning team. You can say 2 but everyone knows SP had the weakest schedule ever. How can you say fairland would 100% beat portsmouth because between these games ports is -19 points and fairland is -36.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

goUK wrote:Fair vs gallia lost by 25
Ports vs gallia lost by 6

Fair vs west won by 12
Ports vs west won by 15

Fair vs burg lost by 23
Ports vs burg lost by 28

Fairland beat 1 winning team. You can say 2 but everyone knows SP had the weakest schedule ever. How can you say fairland would 100% beat portsmouth because between these games ports is -19 points and fairland is -36.
West did play both and after seeing Fairland offense and Portsmouths defense, Fairland wins that one by at least 2 scores.

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

Fairlands opponent record 56-50. Avg division of opponent 4.7

Portsmouths opponent record 66-40 avg division of opponent 4.1

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Fairland was better than Portsmouth.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

goUK wrote:Fairlands opponent record 56-50. Avg division of opponent 4.7

It doesn't matter what their opponents records were. I saw both teams play the same opponent and Fairland was the better team. I like how you wanted to through the wheelersburg scores out there. It took Burg to the 4th quarter to secure the win against Fairland. Where as against Portsmouth the Burg starters didn't finish the game.

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

noles_fan wrote:
goUK wrote:Fairlands opponent record 56-50. Avg division of opponent 4.7

It doesn't matter what their opponents records were. I saw both teams play the same opponent and Fairland was the better team. I like how you wanted to through the wheelersburg scores out there. It took Burg to the 4th quarter to secure the win against Fairland. Where as against Portsmouth the Burg starters didn't finish the game.
Just random stats. I didnt try to prove a point in that specific post.

Return to “Football”