Week 8 - Logan (4-3) @ Zanesville (7-0)

Runner
SEO

Week 8 - Logan (4-3) @ Zanesville (7-0)

Post by Runner »

What do you think in this one?

You are also more than welcome to come to the MVL Forum at http://www.mvlforum.com to join in the talks there as well. If you don't have an account, feel free to sign up for one.

bird78
Varsity

Re: Week 8 - Logan (4-3) @ Zanesville (7-0)

Post by bird78 »

RUNNER......yes your devils are having a good year....we are rebuikding with new coach.....but can remember when shoe was on the other foot....like 2006-2007......and the matchups of TB'S.....and WHO WON THOSE ......lol....think in first one ,,,someone had 4 TD'S and over 200 yards rushing and sit out 4th quarter.....and CHIEFS blew your boys off the field..... 8) :!: :idea:

sports junkie
JV Team

Post by sports junkie »

Zanesville wins this game, this will get real ugly real quick!!!

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I don't think there is any question ZHS will win. The question is, will Logan stay with them for awhile and play a competitive game ? ZHS has butt kicked most everyone they have played and I look for them to do serious damage in the D-II playoffs. Very athletic, very fast, very skilled. Great D. They just beat a talented New Philly team who will be in the playoffs and prior to that, Dover, also an outstanding team. More important is that the Chiefs come out of this game without injuries to stay healthy for the title game with Gallia. Logan still has a shot at the SEOAL title and Zanesville is a game no one will expect them to win. Just a good effort and no injuries sets the table for the following week. I'd be very happy if they "held" ZHS to 35-21.

sports junkie
JV Team

Post by sports junkie »

63-6

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan needs to stay health through this game

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I would like to see the Chiefs keep this one as close as they can. My fingers are crossed and praying there will be no injuries. Fight hard boy's. GO CHIEFS!!!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

This will get ugly, 63 to 7

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Zanesville has also played a good schedule beating Newark 49-13, Col. South 55- 14,Sheridan 49-7, Tri-Valley 52-7, Cambridge 70-17, Dover 35-14 and New Philly 28-14. Both Dover and New Philly should be in the playoffs and the winner of Sheridan-Tri-Valley should also be in. Logan is the best game left on ZHS's schedule with poor teams like Marietta and River View to play also. I expect ZHS to have a solid shot at winning their D-II region. Logan , on paper, would compare with Sheridan and Tri-Valley ability wise. Maybe better. How Logan's plays would be a tip of how well they have improved or not.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I agree Paladin. This game will show the improvement, if the chiefs can keep it with in 3 TD's. I just hope the injury bug stays away.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Trenchfoot wrote:I agree Paladin. This game will show the improvement, if the chiefs can keep it with in 3 TD's. I just hope the injury bug stays away.
I think most supporters of the Chiefs would agree! Myself if we can compete for a while I will be happy. The main thing is to come out of this game healthy!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Easily the biggest challenge Logan has faced this season, and quite honestly, probably for a few seasons. Probably Pickerington North in 2011 was the last team Logan faced with with this kind of talent. North that year and last year was on a completely different level, among the most talented teams Logan has EVER faced.

But I think Logan can learn some things on Friday night. Will be a good measuring stick for the progress made the last few weeks.

Immense challenge. But unlike Lancaster, Zanesville is a team that over a 10-year period Logan can and will win 3-5 games against.

Hopefully the Chiefs will not lose anymore players. A couple of key players went out last week and I'm not sure we'll see either again this year. Kids stepped up in their place, but another 2-3 would be hard to replace.

Go Chiefs!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... 2 injured Chieftains were on crutches today, I don't them seeing playing time the rest of the season ... as many have pointed out Logan IS the obvious underdog BUT when you play the "Big Dogs" you learn a great deal about your own team especially at this time of the year - positions have been filled with the best players, rotations on offense and defense are set, coaches know their personnel, know how to use them to maximize output ... a barometer game is exactly what the doctor ordered - where does the Purple stack up, how far have we come ? I think it will tell us a lot about the coaching staff as well - are they looking to "just compete" /stay healthy or are they looking for a "W" ? what kind of game plan on both sides of the ball the coaching staff come up with vs as LoganLocos put out there "the BEST team the Purple has seen/will see in a long time ...

...I'm looking forward to this one Friday as I can see lots of things "coming back" with players/student body/teachers - "attitude" is returning to the LHS hallways ...

zbd
Freshman Team

Post by zbd »

As a lot people have said on here already this is a game for Logan to see where they are at. I just want both schools to play the game injury free and I want Zville to win. I am glad to see that Logan is getting things turned around and that will only help Zville in future it's be a great serious that I hope continues long into the future.

Go Zville beat Logan

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Mid Week prediction:

Zanesville 49
Logan 17

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

bird78 wrote:RUNNER......yes your devils are having a good year....we are rebuikding with new coach.....but can remember when shoe was on the other foot....like 2006-2007......and the matchups of TB'S.....and WHO WON THOSE ......lol....think in first one ,,,someone had 4 TD'S and over 200 yards rushing and sit out 4th quarter.....and CHIEFS blew your boys off the field..... 8) :!: :idea:

and you guys accuse the fighting tigers in the past, i'm throwin another flag here birdie

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Zanesville by a lot, just too strong.

sports junkie
JV Team

Post by sports junkie »

Logan will be in this game until the coin toss!!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Is that the coin toss for the OT?

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

:122245

Return to “Football”