Wheelersburg 42 Minford 13

Crab's Brother
SEO

Re: Week 8- Wheelersburg (7-0) vs. Minford (6-1)

Post by Crab's Brother »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
nutronron2012 wrote:If the projections work out like http://fantastic50.net/Ohio_Brackets.php are saying. Burg would get West back to back. Back to back Halloween bowls could be entertaining

Region 17 Projections
1) Wheelersburg (10-0) 26.60
2) Bishop Hartley (Columbus) (8-2) 25.28
3) Liberty Union (Baltimore) (9-1) 21.35
4) St Clairsville (9-1) 21.03
5) Martins Ferry (8-2) 19.67
6) Fairland (Proctorville) (7-3) 16.10
7) Westfall (Williamsport) (5-5) 11.15
8 ) Portsmouth West (West Portsmouth) (5-5) 9.5
those predictions are wrong west loses there OUT

west will end season with around 6.7000 points(OUT)

Not sure on what you are using, but if West goes 5-5, they will end up with about a 8.7 average. You have left a team off or something, but here is the breakdown.

West would have 23 level 1 points. They have 14 now and would get 4.5 for the wins over Waverly and Northwest.

West would have 64 level 2 points:

Rock Hill: 0
Peake: 9 (4.5 more if they beat South Point)
Minford: 30.5 (More if they beat Burg or Valley)
Waverly: 13.5
Northwest: 11

That is how West would get to 8.7 for a final average. I am not sure how low Drew is projecting this region to go, but West will be pretty close to a 9 final number with a 5-5 record.

jagered
JV Team

Post by jagered »

Ok we will wait and see I guess but this is a Burg and Minford thread so I am going to stay on this game and not water it down with wishful thinking about West.

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Thanks fellas for all the work.
Come on Minford! :122249

jagered
JV Team

Post by jagered »

I tried to put what was the most intriguing and fun so people wouldn't have to go find it and thanks Urban.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I appreciate the work you guys put into figuring the points. I have never taken the time to learn to calculate it myself, but with you guys, Joe Eitel, and Drew Pasteur....why bother learning it....lol

Things will start to take a little better shape after Friday night though.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

jagered wrote:Ok we will wait and see I guess but this is a Burg and Minford thread so I am going to stay on this game and not water it down with wishful thinking about West.
sorry jagered im outta here off burg-Minford thread!! however , I say GO BURG(lol) kick butt

crabs brother is a lot better at this than I am. I am just learning these point things its not complicated just time consuming. and he is right west ends with 8.7000(IMO) OUT

burg by 20+ in this game with Minford

jagered
JV Team

Post by jagered »

LOL I wish I could say I did all that myself but I just copy and pasted. I like the Burg by 21.

pappy
Freshman Team

Post by pappy »

I have watched both teams and don't have a dog in the fight I think burg is way overrated and Minford slightly overrated,burgs line play is the worst I have witnessed from a burg team probably since the 2000 season that being said that makes them very suspect,their qb and receivers are solid,you have to be able to play in space on defense to beat this team.
Minford lacks total team speed but is very strong up the middle on both sides of the ball especially on the lines of scrimmage that alone will keep this game close,turnovers will be the key in this game.
anybody predicting blowout here I think is dead wrong.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

pappy wrote:I have watched both teams and don't have a dog in the fight I think burg is way overrated and Minford slightly overrated,burgs line play is the worst I have witnessed from a burg team probably since the 2000 season that being said that makes them very suspect,their qb and receivers are solid,you have to be able to play in space on defense to beat this team.
Minford lacks total team speed but is very strong up the middle on both sides of the ball especially on the lines of scrimmage that alone will keep this game close,turnovers will be the key in this game.
Burg averages over 45 per game. The line is effective.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

pappy wrote:I have watched both teams and don't have a dog in the fight I think burg is way overrated and Minford slightly overrated,burgs line play is the worst I have witnessed from a burg team probably since the 2000 season that being said that makes them very suspect,their qb and receivers are solid,you have to be able to play in space on defense to beat this team.
How many burg games have you seen since 2000? Burgs had some bad lines in that timeframe . This line is not great but not that bad. Good pass blockers, avg run blockers. Hard to beleive the line is that bad when you avg over 200 yds a game on ground and through the air.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2013] Wheelersburg (OH) 35, [2013] Minford (OH) 20

Sorry I messed up the first time. My bad guys!

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

But they don't play on a neutral field so you can't really go by that. This game is so hard to predict cause you never know what minford team is going to show up. If the one does that played west it's going to be a long night for minford. But at the same time burg has to come out and play flat one game this year. I say burg 38 minford 20

jagered
JV Team

Post by jagered »

This was posted today and I thought some might enjoy looking at it.
Region 17
Bishop Hartley (Columbus) (6-1, D5 R17) - Clinched playoff berth, seed #5 or better, controls own destiny for a home game
Wheelersburg (7-0, D5 R17) - Clinched playoff berth, seed #6 or better, controls own destiny for a home game
St Clairsville (6-1, D5 R17) - Clinched playoff berth, seed #6 or better, needs a little help for a home game
Liberty Union (Baltimore) (6-1, D5 R17) - Clinched playoff berth, seed #7 or better, needs a little help for a home game
Martins Ferry (6-1, D5 R17) -
Fairland (Proctorville) (4-3, D5 R17) -
Ironton (2-5, D5 R17) -
Westfall (Williamsport) (3-4, D5 R17) -
Portsmouth West (West Portsmouth) (3-4, D5 R17) -
Portsmouth (2-5, D5 R17) -
Southeastern (Chillicothe) (3-4, D5 R17) -
Piketon (3-4, D5 R17) -
Adena (Frankfort) (3-4, D5 R17) -
Union Local (Belmont) (3-4, D5 R17) -
Wellston (3-4, D5 R17) -
South Point (5-2, D5 R17) -
Waverly (2-5, D5 R17) -
Zane Trace (Chillicothe) (2-5, D5 R17) -
Mount Gilead (3-4, D5 R17) -
Northwest (Mc Dermott) (3-4, D5 R17) -
Northridge (Johnstown) (2-5, D5 R17) - Eliminated from playoff contention
Coshocton (1-6, D5 R17) - Eliminated from playoff contention
Alexander (Albany) (1-6, D5 R17) - Eliminated from playoff contention
River Valley (Cheshire) (1-6, D5 R17) - Eliminated from playoff contention
Chesapeake (1-6, D5 R17) - Eliminated from playoff contention
Rock Hill (Ironton) (0-7, D5 R17) - Eliminated from playoff contention
West Muskingum (Zanesville) (0-7, D5 R17) - Eliminated from playoff contention

jagered
JV Team

Post by jagered »

Region 14
Clinton-Massie (Clarksville) (6-1, D4 R14) -
Archbishop Alter (Kettering) (6-1, D4 R14) -
Valley View (Germantown) (6-1, D4 R14) -
Miami Trace (Washington Court House) (5-2, D4 R14) -
Circleville (5-2, D4 R14) -
Archbishop Mcnicholas (Cincinnati) (5-2, D4 R14) -
Eaton (6-1, D4 R14) -
Minford (6-1, D4 R14) -
Bishop Fenwick (Franklin) (5-2, D4 R14) -
Urbana (7-0, D4 R14) -
Carlisle (5-2, D4 R14) -
Taylor (North Bend) (5-2, D4 R14) -
Wyoming (Cincinnati) (5-2, D4 R14) -
Meigs (Pomeroy) (5-2, D4 R14) -
Gallia Academy (Gallipolis) (5-2, D4 R14) -
Norwood (3-4, D4 R14) -
Jonathan Alder (Plain City) (3-4, D4 R14) -
Indian Hill (Cincinnati) (3-4, D4 R14) -
Oakwood (Dayton) (3-4, D4 R14) -
Batavia (4-3, D4 R14) - Eliminated from playoff contention
Northwestern (Springfield) (4-3, D4 R14) - Eliminated from playoff contention
Dunbar (Dayton) (3-4, D4 R14) - Eliminated from playoff contention
Mc Clain (Greenfield) (3-4, D4 R14) - Eliminated from playoff contention
Unioto (Chillicothe) (3-4, D4 R14) - Eliminated from playoff contention
London (2-5, D4 R14) - Eliminated from playoff contention
Aiken (Cincinnati) (0-7, D4 R14) - Eliminated from playoff contention
Greenon (Springfield) (0-7, D4 R14) - Eliminated from playoff contention
Monroe (0-7, D4 R14) - Eliminated from playoff contention

pappy
Freshman Team

Post by pappy »

boys like i said i dont have adog in the fight,but understand burg has played a soft schedule and so has minford you have contrasting styles here in both teams and i will tell you this when both teams are talented i will take the physical team anyday and twice on sundays over a soft spread team sorry burg you are soft and it will show in the next month,minford needs to identify who they are on offense pass run its hard to do both well with the practice time u have in a week,i think we are going to see a good game one wanting to b physical the other wanting to get their athletes in space because they have too .
goodluck to both teams i will go with minford 28 24

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

Go Minford beat da burg!

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

thats why ur a grove fan. u like that smash mouth football. keep watching the grove.

pappy
Freshman Team

Post by pappy »

strike a nerve eddie :122246
d-4 champions last year clinton massie wing t passed the ball maybe 6 times in that game,just a preference heck i am a buckeye fan but i prefer a prostyle physical attack not trying to knock styles just stating what i have seen this year at games i have attended,not trying to offend anyone

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

wobycat wrote:
Minford averages 41 pts per game and giving up 10 pts per game. The Defense had 1 bad game, against West. I don't think this game will get in the 40s. Minford has to mix in the pass to loosen up the burg D. Minford has got to cover the WRs while making Miller run around in the pocket. Last year the bubble screens and 10 yard out slants were killing Minford. Woodward said they run a high risk reward offense and that is where Minford needs to get turnovers.

pappy
Freshman Team

Post by pappy »

wobycat wrote:
not really they dont fire out no leg drive and do not sustain blocks sorry it is what it is

Return to “Football”