Wheelersburg 42 Minford 13

jagered
JV Team

Re: Week 8- Wheelersburg (7-0) vs. Minford (6-1)

Post by jagered »

Pappy about the only thing I agree with you is that Minford has had the easier schedule and I think or at least hope they can fix that before next year. As far as Wheelersburg they play who they have always played and If the Ironton, Jackson, West and Portsmouth games been more competitive then no one would be saying it is an easy schedule for the Burg. But like everyone else they can't help it that those other teams are going thru a rebuilding year or are young or whatever else the case may be, I am like you as well no dog in this fight and I will take ALL the MILLERS and ALL that speed all night.haha. Hope for no injuries and really want a Minford win to get them into week 11 but it will be tough.

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

no nerve. the grove runs smash mouth football.

jagered
JV Team

Post by jagered »

Hey Eddie when you say the grove do u mean Coal Grove? If so you are right they were the closest team to stay with the Burg to date but they still beat them by 19. And was told by quite a few people the score could have been worse. Maybe you can clear that up for me because I am not sure so just asking.

eddie
JV Team

Post by eddie »

got there late but by the time i started really watching the burg was up ---maybe 14-0. felt like and looked like burg was in controll the whole game. i believe 2 of the touchdowns by CG was due to burg not bumping over to the unbalanced side and CG had some good blocking. other then that not much. i think the corner fell down on one big pass play that might have led to a score.

BurgPunk
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgPunk »

I love it when posters say just throw out the West game...easy to dismiss the only opponent that was decent that Minford played...with no disrespect to Oak Hill. I am sure the Jacksonville Jaguars are great if you just throw out the games they lost. Force Minford to throw and this is a blow out...Falcons passing game very disorganized.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

BurgPunk wrote:I love it when posters say just throw out the West game...easy to dismiss the only opponent that was decent that Minford played...with no disrespect to Oak Hill. I am sure the Jacksonville Jaguars are great if you just throw out the games they lost. Force Minford to throw and this is a blow out...Falcons passing game very disorganized.
I agree...Minford plows through a beaten Portsmouth team that beat West...They thought they were going to waltz all over the Siders but the Siders had different plans. The difference was speed on the outside....Blame the coaches, play calling and all the other noise, the difference was Minford was too slow on the outside and they couldn't stop it...Burg's strength is speed.....Speed kills....This game won't be that close...Burg has had the tougher schedule and they have scored at will...If Minford can't stop the offense, either with their "D" or their running game, this game will be over by the half. I could care less about the rivalry noise either...Talent wise, Burg is far and above the DIV Falcons..

pappy
Freshman Team

Post by pappy »

tough schedule????ugot to be shi//// me the only tough game burg has played was the fairland game and probably should have lost that one we r talking this year not past years
minford on the other hand has played a soft schedule as well not a burg hater i just think this team is not as good as team they have feilded the past 5 or 6 years and that goes the same for minford like i said earlier blowout not in the cards be realistic

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Pappy

Burg was up 21 - 0 on Fairland before the dragons scored.
Watch a Coldwater team, they couldn't drive a pee-wee team off the ball. They are looking for seems and live off zone blocking. They should own stock at the State Championship game, as much as they have been there. Styles don't matter, it's how good you are running that style of offense, and if Fairland had any kind of defense, they would be close to undefeated. :122249

I am with you, I like a good power game but not every team has huge guys to line up and run the ball every time. Power games are effective when a team like the Burg is anemic on offense, and/or when the game is shortened. A power team ca close out a Burg team if it's close in the 4th or if they are behind. If Minford can find themselves in that situation, Burg will lose.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Hard to beleive everyone is criticizing burgs offense when they have scored at will on everyone they have played. when the burg goes to there short yardage offense they have actually looked pretty good running power football. parsley and D miller have both looked very tough on short yardage when the burg needed it. If the burg wants to run the ball down the field they can, it might be the qb doing it but they can run the ball. I can't beleive no one is criticizing the burgs D, you could easily make the argument that they are a little soft.

big-train
Freshman Team

Post by big-train »

contrasting styles with close talent usually adds up to good games

pappy
Freshman Team

Post by pappy »

so I am not blind someone else has seen what I have this year :122249

BurgPunk
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgPunk »

Fairland and Coal Grove scored later in the game against Burg...Jackson scored 68 against Waverly and Burg held them to only one first down into the 3rd quarter, so I would not dismiss the D too much. When you are one dimensional like Jackson, they are very good with many guys going to the ball. Fairland and CG had more balance so did have some success. Unless Minford learns a spread or passing game this week the D will have no problem. Glad Minford ran the ball well against Northwest and Piketon but this week is a different animal.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Minford defense must play assignment football and the DEs not come down on the inside on the tackle the RB. If DEs drill the Qb, he's burgs playmaker, every time he fakes, and force the 'give read' then Minford LBs are more than capable of handling W'burg Rbs.

I like the play for W'burg QB when they line up with the two slot standing one in front of the other, Double team nose guard, play side OT blocks down, back side OG kicks out, front slot come across formation and leads up thru hole looking to seal off the CB, and QB is off to the races. It's like a QB counter trey . The pulling backside OG and where the FB eventually aligns himself are key to look for to anticipate what's coming.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Burg has had some injuries on the offensive line and have had a sophomore center all year who had no prior varsity experience. Another junior lineman has missed a few games with a banged up knee. They may not be the best of the past 10 years, but they have been good enough to allow the Burg skill players to average 49 ppg and 463 yards per game. Heck, the lowest offensive yardage output of the season was week 1 at Ironton when they only had 394 yards of offense, but the starting offense was basically done in the 2nd quarter when they already had 49 points.

Throw all of that out the window and both teams are facing their toughest opponent of the season so far. Minford is playing for any chance at the playoffs and Burg is playing to maintain a home playoff game and to try and bring home another gold football. Obviously, Burg will spread Minford out and get back to the line very fast and keep Minford guessing. Minford will try to control the clock and run between the tackles as much as they can. No doubt that this will be a full house and everyone from Muletown will be there.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

BurgPunk wrote:Fairland and Coal Grove scored later in the game against Burg...Jackson scored 68 against Waverly and Burg held them to only one first down into the 3rd quarter, so I would not dismiss the D too much. When you are one dimensional like Jackson, they are very good with many guys going to the ball. Fairland and CG had more balance so did have some success. Unless Minford learns a spread or passing game this week the D will have no problem. Glad Minford ran the ball well against Northwest and Piketon but this week is a different animal.
Jackson was terrible on offense, no speed, no playmakers, no passing game, pretty easy to defend. The burg defenders are not very good tacklers when they are alone in the open field. . That being said they have made stops when they needed them.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

fbnut wrote:
BurgPunk wrote:Fairland and Coal Grove scored later in the game against Burg...Jackson scored 68 against Waverly and Burg held them to only one first down into the 3rd quarter, so I would not dismiss the D too much. When you are one dimensional like Jackson, they are very good with many guys going to the ball. Fairland and CG had more balance so did have some success. Unless Minford learns a spread or passing game this week the D will have no problem. Glad Minford ran the ball well against Northwest and Piketon but this week is a different animal.
Jackson was terrible on offense, no speed, no playmakers, no passing game, pretty easy to defend. The burg defenders are not very good tacklers when they are alone in the open field. . That being said they have made stops when they needed them.
That's just it, burg only needs to get a couple of stops and they become very hard to beat

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Nobody seems to have mentioned it yet, but will McCray be playing? I heard he was hurt and didn't play last week...

big-train
Freshman Team

Post by big-train »

burg will need more than a couple stops ..."come on man" :roll:

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

Look forward to coming home and seeing this one! Good luck to my Alumnus .. Go Falcons!

B0UNCE
Riding the Bench

Post by B0UNCE »

I agree Falcons passing game is off due to not utilizing the early season to get a rhythm gone and everybody knows it. To late to change now but if Justice gives you a game like he did at OAK HILL it should be very interesting.

Return to “Football”