Week 8--Warren Local (2-5) at Gallipolis (5-2)

moonshine
SEO

Re: Week 8--Warren Local (2-5) at Gallipolis (5-2)

Post by moonshine »

Thank you Warren! We will see you in 2 weeks!

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

once again things do not play out as they appear, looks like the Trojans have another battle Friday night

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

Blue Devils looked like they were going thru the motions!!! Warren came to play!!!! Warren outplayed and but mostly out coached us all night!!! Field wasn't that muddy...but i'll agree we have one of the worst defenses that Gallipolis has had in years!!!

seoal83
Freshman Team

Post by seoal83 »

First congratulation s warren on a great effort and win last night. I have kept my mouth shut for weeks but i am about to explode so i will vent here. I disagree a little that this is our worse defense about 3 years ago we sucked pretty bad maybe 4 it was when we had the really fast wilson boy. put up a ton of points but gave up a ton also.

This is though the least disciplined team i have scene forever, and that lack of discipline is a direct reflection of the coaching. Last night the penalties were less but still had 2 key penalties that kept warren scoring drives alive. We have the same kids getting flagged every week for personal fouls and i mean every week. The same kids are also showing off like they did something great after making a stop on a kid that has already gained 8 yards.

These kids need to sit or spend there week running they need to know this cannot be tolerated. We have more coaches on a sideline then just about any other high school but when kids come off the field i see no one coaching them up. this is a very poor tackling team.

Offensively we are one dimensional. teams have totally taken the read option away from us and because 90% of our run plays are east and west not north and south we are very easy to defend. There is no reason for us to run the spread if we are only going to have 2 or 3 options that we trust to get the ball to. also we do nothing back side and spend no time pounding the ball to make people even consider the run.

One last thing i have no idea why we started all the young kids defensively last night. on first drive we had 3 senior starters on bench and had sophomores -playing. the seniors played a ton rest of game defensively so obviously not hurt.

Unless something changes drastically i think blue devils finish 5-5. team right now does not seem very well coached.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

First off I will congratulate Warren on a well deserved victory. I underestimated the weather last night and left at halftime but I could see the writing on the wall… We all knew our defense was suspect coming into the season. You would think the defense would improve as the season went on but in Gallia’s case we seem to regress. The pass defense is atrocious and you factor in our terrible tackling which leads to the run defense not being very reliable. How many turnovers did we have last night? 5 or 6? You can’t win when this happens.. This next point drives me crazy… Last night Warren kicked off and the ball seemed like it went higher than the light poles, our receivers stand around and watch the ball hit the ground and then have to hustle to recover it. Use to be receivers were taught to catch the ball running full speed and move up field… Maybe times have changed…. Time to forget the playoffs, only thing to play for now is the SEOAL championship. That should be decided next week when Logan comes to town…

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

5-5

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Hopefully the Blue Devils will wake up now, and finish with wins over Logan and Jackson.

Return to “Football”