Post by Raiderball »

RAIDER6309 wrote:Athens
Gallia
Jackson
Logan
Marietta
Warren

perfect league. Outside of Logan, all the same size and a close travel league

1 hr 45 min from Jackson to Warren is not close travel. Believe me, not a fun trip on a weeknight.
Last edited by Raiderball on Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

91blue14
SE

Re: What's next for the SEOAL?

Post by 91blue14 »

the league will survive give it some time :idea:

Troy
Freshman Team

Post by Troy »

MARK IT DOWN starting in the shcool year 2015-2016 the SEOAL will be back to a sevn teem laegue.

1. Logan
2. Jackson
3. Gallia
4. Warren
5. Meigs
6. Miami Trace
7. River Valley

Herd this straight form the hoarses month. Wate and see.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Trace won't leave Courthouse. Maybe Get Greenfield , Hillsboro, Trace, CH to join Logan , Warren, Jackson, and GA. Though trips to Hillsboro and Greenfield from Vincent wouldn't be fun.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

RedSolo makes sense.....River Valley and Miami Trace are pretty much natural rivals anyways. MT to Warren would only be about a 2 1/2 hour bus ride.

dragonsfan24
JV Team

Post by dragonsfan24 »

RedSolo wrote:MARK IT DOWN starting in the shcool year 2015-2016 the SEOAL will be back to a sevn teem laegue.

1. Logan
2. Jackson
3. Gallia
4. Warren
5. Meigs
6. Miami Trace
7. River Valley

Herd this straight form the hoarses month. Wate and see.
I am highly skeptical that they would add Miami Trace over Vinton County or another closer team like Chillicothe or Marietta.

Also, why would they add River Valley and water down their S.O.S.? River Valley is only a D5 school and will probably be closer to a D6 by that point.

dragonsfan24
JV Team

Post by dragonsfan24 »

Ironman92 wrote:River Valley and Miami Trace are pretty much natural rivals anyways.
How do you figure?

Washington C.H. is an hour and a half from Bidwell. I don't even know that aside from Wrestling these teams meet up that often.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

No WAY! Trace joins a league with Courthouse.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Any thought of Miami Trace or Court House leaving the SCOL for the SEOAL is laughable. Look at a map. Frankly, Jackson is much more likely to go to the SCOL once East Clinton leaves.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

I really think Ironton would be a great get if the league continues. They have to be after this year looking at some options other that what they have been doing that would allow them to play closer to home while keeping one or two of their tradition Hartley, Ready or St Charles types of match-ups.

If you could somehow convince them and Fairland, then you could get back to 7 and maybe get Meigs to get to 8. I still like the idea of Ironton, Gallia, Meigs, and Fairland in a River division in the SEOAL and Jackson, Logan, Warren and VC/Waverly in a Hills division in the SEOAL.

But it would take some swaying and not sure any school other than Ironton has any pressing reason to leave right now from where they are at.

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

Not that I don't like any of the teams that are in or even that have been in the SEOAL like, Marietta, Ironton or present teams Portsmouth and Warren, heres a league for ya that makes sense to me:
D3 Jackson
D3 Circleville LE
D3 Chillicothe
D2 Logan
D4 Gallia
D3 Athens
Washington Court House(maybe)
I think that this would be a very competitive league and the travel very doable.
Another thing I would like to make a comment about is VC. Yes they are a bigger school but I don't think it's fair for them being how spread out they are and many kids unable to participate because of that. I respect VC but just don't feel like the're getting a fair shake in their division size.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Raiderball wrote:

1 hr 45 min from Jackson to Logan is not close travel. Believe me, not a fun trip on a weeknight.
Are you walking?

It is 43 miles from Jackson to Logan on Route 93. It's no more than 1 hr on a school bus and I've driven between Logan and Wellston my whole life and its never taken me more than 45 minutes. It's no more than 5-10 minutes from Wellston to Jackson (depending how long it takes you to get through the lights in Wellston).

Heck we get to Gallipolis in about 1.5 hours on a school bus. 1 hr 45 minutes? Never.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Being from central VC...its 25 minutes to Jackson and 25 minutes to Logan from my home. The stretch of 93 through VC isn't that bad of a road either.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Pol Pot wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:some of us have not forgotten what has made ironton football what it is today, it is a combination of commitment to excellence,great weight program, conditioning, outstanding athletes, fan support and coaching, and much has to do with their schedule, they basically play playoff games every week.so you hit a raw nerve with your whomever left the seoal left because of competition------------horse hockey I say to that.

What Ironton Football is today is a BAD 2 win football team, who may not win another game this season.

can't argue with that, but that all ya got, really.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Is it possible to get on a thread and see a post about how great Ironton is/was?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

It makes absolutely no sense for River Valley to join a league where they would be traveling all the way to Miami Trace. They'd be better off to stay in the OVC!

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

I know this is a football site but come on. Some of you guys talk about 2 hour bus rides as if they were just a couple of miles down the road. You have to take your other kids into consideration if you are forming a league. if you have an hour and a half bus ride on a Monday thru Thursday night that stinks for the kids making it. Even in football your Jr. High and JV programs will have some killer trips if some of these leagues were to form.

If you want an eye opener---go to South Gallia and follow the bus up to Miller on a winter school night---enjoy the game and now follow the bus back. Sit there till the last kid is picked up and then drive home. I bet work the next day is a lot of fun for you.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

I don't know where this Miami Trace talk comes from. Makes no sense as long as Warren and/or Gallipolis are in the league. Would be crazy travel. Would become Logan's worst trip in the league.

IMO, the SEOAL is looking at Washington County (Marietta), Athens, and maybe one other TVC-Ohio school as possible additions. Just don't think anyone else makes sense.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The cut and run Bulldogs won the SEOAL title in tennis last night.

just throwing that out their.

tee hee

ACCBiggz
JV Team

Post by ACCBiggz »

Logan, Jackson, Gallia, Warren, Wellston, Vinton County, Nelsonville and Athens.

That would be my preferred league. I wrote a personal blog post on this two years ago. Wellston, Nelsonville and Athens were all founding members of the SEOAL too (iirc). I'm not really too fussed one way or the other, but that's a league I could get behind.

Return to “Football”