What's next for the SEOAL?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Re: What's next for the SEOAL?

Post by Raider6309 »

Orange and Brown wrote:
RAIDER6309 wrote:
bigbluedad wrote:As far as Warren goes right now we have no where to go because nobody wants us. A few years back we tried twice to get back to the TVC and was told no and just two years ago we went to an MVL meeting and again was told no with Sheridan being the school to say no because it was to far for them to travel to Vincent, so I say we are just going to have to ride this out as far as the SEOAL goes and I can't blame Portsmouth is the go to the OVC cause going there for a week night game for the kids and trying to keep up with your homework is a big deal to me.
Frankly Warren should have stayed in the TVC and never left but that is my opinion but I grew up in the TVC and always thought it was good the way it was.
Warren will join the tvc. Athens runs the tvc and will let them in. I see that happening real soon

Athens doesnt run the TVC......
That is an asinine statement.
I swear you just open up your mouth and garbage falls out....smh

I hope the tvc looks at what happened to the seoal and doesn't make the same mistake

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

RAIDER6309 wrote:I hope they dont let Athens add teams like they did in the seoal. Athens added Zanesville, Chillicothe, Ironton, and Portsmouth. The league didn't want them. I'm from Athens, ik if Athens wants something stupid, they will word it to seem ok. Warren is the next to join the tvc

Okay I am going to explain this so read slowly........

Athens doesnt "run" the TVC.
Athens didnt "add" any teams to the seoal.

When a team applies to a league then the member schools VOTE and if the school that aplies recieves enough votes they are allowed to join the league.

I think it is great that you assume that Athens has much more power than it actually does. There isnt anything Athens can offer any of the other schools in the TVC to vote Athens way.

Thanks for playing though..........

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Orange and Brown wrote:
RAIDER6309 wrote:I hope they dont let Athens add teams like they did in the seoal. Athens added Zanesville, Chillicothe, Ironton, and Portsmouth. The league didn't want them. I'm from Athens, ik if Athens wants something stupid, they will word it to seem ok. Warren is the next to join the tvc

Okay I am going to explain this so read slowly........

Athens doesnt "run" the TVC.
Athens didnt "add" any teams to the seoal.

When a team applies to a league then the member schools VOTE and if the school that aplies recieves enough votes they are allowed to join the league.

I think it is great that you assume that Athens has much more power than it actually does. There isnt anything Athens can offer any of the other schools in the TVC to vote Athens way.

Thanks for playing though..........
its called persuasion. I'm not saying Athens is dictator. I like the tvc the way it is, maybe add Warren. That's it

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Athens cant persuade Trimble NY or any other school in the TVC....

You are dense

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

If there is any "persuasive" school in the TVC...its Vinton County.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I would say Athens, VC, and meigs would vote together

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

93Bulldog wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:Athens doesnt run the TVC......
That is an asinine statement.
I swear you just open up your mouth and garbage falls out....smh
He likes the Oakland Raiders - obviously he has a screw loose ... :mrgreen:
hey, don't hate on the raiders and I'm not crazy. My mom had me tested

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Looks like the Blue Devils have a meeting next week about joinning the OVC.....

The band is playing as the ship goes down.

I see Logan as the odd man out when the league folds. No one wants them so I guess they will have to be independent for a while.

Anyone remember when all the Gallia and Jackson folks were beating there chests about never leaving the SEOAL?

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

seems like a lot of attention on the seoal

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Gallia ovc
warren tvc
Jackson independent or tvc but doubt they get in
Logan should join the bloom Carroll, Logan elm, and Circleville league
Last edited by Raider6309 on Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

With the highway connecting Jackson to Chillicothe - wouldn't the SVC be o.k. for the Ironmen?

just a suggestion.

It may not be a great fit for football - but other sports it might ... fitting in geographically is the key a lot of times ... Athens is basically the epicenter of the TVC-Ohio, which made adding them a no brainer.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Jackson will find a home. If the TVC is dumb enough to let them get away, another league will snatch them up.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

No surprise with Gallia Academy looking to join OVC only question now is will they look at Ironton to join the OVC to.
As for the SEOAL Logan looks to be the one that would find it hardest finding a league.
The Muskingum Valley League would be a great leauge for them but with 9 members already it would be hard to get them to add a 10 member.
Another could be the OCC Ohio division but then again be hard to get in with so many members.
But the best fit may be East Central Ohio League Scarlet Division maybe some travel in it but the SEOAL was;t known for easy travel either.
Jackson looks like their options may actually be a bit better over all for them but no sense in jumping the gun the SEOAL has been around a long time and may just survive this shake up to.

boy of summer
Freshman Team

Post by boy of summer »

There is not a chance of any current TVC Ohio team leaving for another league, particularly the SEOAL. The TVC is a very stable league with small travel distances, great gates and schools that get along for the most part.

I feel bad for the SEOAL. Logan, Jackson, Warren and Gallipolis are great schools and programs. They just need to keep all their options open and not burn any bridges along the way.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

maniac66 wrote:No surprise with Gallia Academy looking to join OVC only question now is will they look at Ironton to join the OVC to.
As for the SEOAL Logan looks to be the one that would find it hardest finding a league.
The Muskingum Valley League would be a great leauge for them but with 9 members already it would be hard to get them to add a 10 member.
Another could be the OCC Ohio division but then again be hard to get in with so many members.
But the best fit may be East Central Ohio League Scarlet Division maybe some travel in it but the SEOAL was;t known for easy travel either.
Jackson looks like their options may actually be a bit better over all for them but no sense in jumping the gun the SEOAL has been around a long time and may just survive this shake up to.
Look for Logan if the SEOAL disbands to apply again to the Mid State League!

warrior90
Varsity

Post by warrior90 »

Logan newspaper has a good article on this. Says that Portsmouth will leave SEOAL after 2014/2015 season.

http://www.logandaily.com/sports/portsm ... 1f974.html

Report was they were unanimously accepted.

As I mentioned before hope SEOAL survives, but if not, Warren will find a place to land even if it means independent.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

warrior90 wrote:Logan newspaper has a good article on this. Says that Portsmouth will leave SEOAL after 2014/2015 season.

As I mentioned before hope SEOAL survives, but if not, Warren will find a place to land even if it means independent.
I'd trust reports from the Logan Daily News. Well placed sources there.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I will miss the competition that the SEOAL provided........but for my Portsmouth Trojans, the OVC is in the long term a better option. Our enrollment has been under 200 boys for the last half of a decade, and probably won't get any significant gains in the near future. It is tough to compete with our numbers on a consistent basis, although I am very proud to see the Trojans win SEOAL titles in boys basketball, boys and girls tennis. Portsmouth will compete well in the OVC because the enrollments of the member schools are fairly similar.

What was once thought as a great idea to bring Zanesville, Ironton, Chillicothe, and Portsmouth into the SEOAL came back to haunt the league, and could very well have led to Athens and Marietta leaving as well.......and I think that travel, rather than the increased level of competition, was the reason for the demise. Travel is such a big issue in today's high school athletics, not just in SE Ohio, but around the state. Look at the state's largest conference, the OCC......there's not much travel in any direction for any of the members. More travel incurs more cost, and being cost efficient is critical to the survival of HS sports.......and when you don't win very much, fans don't come, and money doesn't come through the turnstiles as a result.

I hope the SEOAL stays together, and I think it can, but it will take some creative thinking on the part of SEOAL school administrators. Best wishes to the SEOAL!!

GO TROJANS!!

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

moonshine wrote:
maniac66 wrote:No surprise with Gallia Academy looking to join OVC only question now is will they look at Ironton to join the OVC to.
Look for Logan if the SEOAL disbands to apply again to the Mid State League!
Would they take Logan ? they have 8 teams already in Buckeye Division and Ohio Division would one of them be willing to go to 9 teams in the conference is the big question.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

warrior90 wrote:Logan newspaper has a good article on this. Says that Portsmouth will leave SEOAL after 2014/2015 season.

There was an article in the Portsmouth daily times on Tuesday and then again yesterday saying the same thing.
http://www.portsmouth-dailytimes.com/ne ... y-as-15-16

Return to “Football”