What's next for the SEOAL?

loganlocos
SEOP

Re: What's next for the SEOAL?

Post by loganlocos »

Tyler_Durden wrote:
LoganLocos wrote:Current TVC teams are desperate to try and grab Warren, Jackson, and Gallipolis so that they can move Athens to another division.

Seems to be consensus from most TVC schools outside of Athens that adding the Bulldogs has been a mistake and they all have buyers remorse. Numerous posters have made this clear.
LOL. Yeah, "message board guys" like us have influence on what is actually taking place among those in charge. Chat rooms and message boards change the world! Hahahahahaha. No one with any real life is actually reading any of this stuff that a small handful of people spout on here. Fantasy world. Athens isn't going anywhere.
All this is is fantasy talk. That's my point.

I agree, Athens isn't going anywhere. Neither is the SEOAL.

Contrary to the hopes and dreams of many posters on here, the schools who voted Athens into the TVC will have to live with it.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Exactly, Locos. Bringing in a big school who got their butts kicked annually in the SEOAL was doing Athens a favor. But the question is -- couldn't educated administrators and coaches SEE what would happen ? The TVC indeed would LOVE to have a big school division where they could move Athens to. And if not, why would they want to talk to Gallia, Jackson, Logan, etc. ? IF the SEOAL is going to fold ( and it won't), there should be no invitations sent out. Lots of wishful thinking about the SEOAL failing, but it just isn't going to happen. TVC has Athens and now must decide what to do about it ( live with it guys -- you weren't bright enough to see the outcome).

Marietta made a "bright" move and is living to regret it. My guess is with Portsmouth ( and that long trip ) leaving and Ironton already gone, they have to be seriously rethinking their position. The only question for Athens is, do they have the gonads to go back to the SEOAL where they belong and compete or stay in a league of small ,weak schools and win but get embarrassed come playoff time ( if they get in) ? Meanwhile the TVC has to live with the Goliath they let in.

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

Paladin wrote:Exactly, Locos. Bringing in a big school who got their butts kicked annually in the SEOAL was doing Athens a favor. But the question is -- couldn't educated administrators and coaches SEE what would happen ? The TVC indeed would LOVE to have a big school division where they could move Athens to. And if not, why would they want to talk to Gallia, Jackson, Logan, etc. ? IF the SEOAL is going to fold ( and it won't), there should be no invitations sent out. Lots of wishful thinking about the SEOAL failing, but it just isn't going to happen. TVC has Athens and now must decide what to do about it ( live with it guys -- you weren't bright enough to see the outcome).

Marietta made a "bright" move and is living to regret it. My guess is with Portsmouth ( and that long trip ) leaving and Ironton already gone, they have to be seriously rethinking their position. The only question for Athens is, do they have the gonads to go back to the SEOAL where they belong and compete or stay in a league of small ,weak schools and win but get embarrassed come playoff time ( if they get in) ? Meanwhile the TVC has to live with the Goliath they let in.
Not sure how it went in the past, but this time there were, "no invitations sent out..." Two of those schools have requested to attend a TVC meeting. I think it is great that Athens is in the TVC, and that they stomped the dog snot out of the SEOAL teams they faced this year. :mrgreen:

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

And how many of those 2 have joined ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some smart people see whats going on here and no one is biting. If you want to play the big dogs , you join the SEOAL. If you don't have the balls for it, you don't. If you want to win easy, you join a small, weak school league.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Warren and Jackson both were up for a vote and didn't receive enough to be accepted. Had they received enough, you can bet they would both be members of the TVC.

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

Paladin wrote:And how many of those 2 have joined ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some smart people see whats going on here and no one is biting. If you want to play the big dogs , you join the SEOAL. If you don't have the balls for it, you don't. If you want to win easy, you join a small, weak school league.
Famous words alas, from a fan of a dying conference. :lol: To answer your question about how many of them have joined, the meeting is forthcoming, so they have not been accepted yet. But I can assure you one of them wants in at all costs. Finally, Bulldog93 snipped your balls in the last debate, so you are banished from this discussion as it is for ball possessing posters only. :mrgreen:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Paladin wrote:If you want to play the big dogs , you join the SEOAL. If you don't have the balls for it, you don't. If you want to win easy, you join a small, weak school league.
Athens 62
Gallia 19

Athens 49
Jackson 0

Athens 42
Warren 6

"play the big dogs?"

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

93Bulldog wrote:
Paladin wrote:If you want to play the big dogs , you join the SEOAL. If you don't have the balls for it, you don't. If you want to win easy, you join a small, weak school league.
Athens 62
Gallia 19

Athens 49
Jackson 0

Athens 42
Warren 6

"play the big dogs?"

Just curious . What's Athens record against Jackson Gallia Logan and Warren lets say the last 10 times they played these teams ?

boy of summer
Freshman Team

Post by boy of summer »

Nothing against either school, but I just don't see Jackson and Warren having the votes to get voted into the TVC.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Paladin just shut up already. You really look like a dumba**. Logan is a big school playing in a league with schools much smaller than them. Just do us all a favor and stay off of the internet. It is continously getting the best of you. Moron.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Viking96 wrote:Just curious . What's Athens record against Jackson Gallia Logan and Warren lets say the last 10 times they played these teams ?
Athens is (10-4) against the SEOAL since 2008, the same year they joined the TVC.

Athens is (8-1) against the SEOAL the last 3 years.

That's just what I had in front of me Viking96

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Blizz

sorry if I make many of you look so dumb. Not hard to do. Logan joined their league 85 years ago and was one of the smallest in the league. Fact. Things change over long periods of time. Logan isn't at fault for it current enrollment. However, the Bullpuppies jump at the chance as a D-II school to join a much smaller and weaker league. Fact ! And they did so because they were getting horribly beat by all of the league. Fact. The thread is about the SEOAL who isn't going anywhere. Athens was an embarrassment. Now, they are a "problem". :lol: :lol: :lol:

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Viking96 wrote: Just curious . What's Athens record against Jackson Gallia Logan and Warren lets say the last 10 times they played these teams ?
I can only speak for Logan.

Logan is 10-0 vs Athens in their last 10 meetings.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I'm still confused by such an emphasis put on league membership ... Athens played TVC teams 10, 20 and 30 years ago ... they played SEOAL teams too ... they play TVC teams now - and they play SEOAL teams now.

Athens has three segments to its football season ... 5 non-league (3 vs the SEOAL) ... 5 TVC games ... and then the post season when they play the same size schools ... why do you care so much about this "league affiliation" thing, Paladin?

basketball is the same way ... Athens will only play 10 games vs the TVC (Vinton County, a DII power, will be 2 of those) ... and then they go out and play 12 other games against some stout competition this year.

There is SO MUCH MORE to a given season than just league games. I've always been a "post season" guy ... (i.e.) Waterford girls basketball won the TVC-Hocking championship - but Eastern beat them in the regionals ... personally, I would rather be Eastern in that situation ... you keep harping on this LEAGUE THING, Paladin, but what really matters for Athens (imo) is how they do in week 11 - or in the basketball tournament this year.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

LoganLocos wrote:

LOL ... thanks Locos.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

93Bulldog wrote:
Viking96 wrote:Just curious . What's Athens record against Jackson Gallia Logan and Warren lets say the last 10 times they played these teams ?
Athens is (10-4) against the SEOAL since 2008, the same year they joined the TVC.

Athens is (8-1) against the SEOAL the last 3 years.

That's just what I had in front of me Viking96
Didn't Athens lose to gallipolis in 2012 and Jackson in 2011? That's at least two losses in the last three year.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

93Bulldog wrote:
LoganLocos wrote:

LOL ... thanks Locos.
Got to enjoy it while I can big guy ;-)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I was just looking at the regular season ... but if you count the playoffs, Athens is 8-2 over the last three years.

had we played Logan, it would have easily been 11-2, just sayin.

:)

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

93, I'm just responding to others comments ( or attacks). Its funny how many are "looking" to start a BIG school division in the TVC and get Athens "out" of the current set-up. Is that my imagination or are people really discussing that because that's what I read ? And many are openly ( you included) soliciting members of the SEOAL to join the TVC for a BIG school division. Why ? I think Marietta will be back and Athens will just be an embarrassment to stay in the smaller, weaker TVC, winning championship after championship. They belong in the SEOAL they ran from. No one needs to give up the history and tradition of the SEOAL. It will continue , with or with out Athens. I care little if they come back or not. They are the TVC's problem now. SEOAL isn't going anywhere, so the TVC should relax as there isn't going to be a "big" school division where you can place Athens. :lol:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Paladin wrote:And many are openly ( you included) soliciting members of the SEOAL to join the TVC for a BIG school division.
I have offered absolutely no opinion on what the TVC should or should not do.

I actually haven't weighed in on what the SEOAL should or should not do either.

It truly does not matter what ends up happening. The only gripe I had - or have - is with River Valley joining the Ohio Division. Its not a good fit - and it makes no sense to add a team to make an uneven number. Now everyone in the Ohio is forced to find a 'bye week' replacement in weeks 6-through-10 (when others are locked into league games). It was a ridicules decision.

as far as Warren, Athens, Jackson, Gallia and 2 other schools forming a big school division in the Ohio - I probably wouldn't have a problem with it. Why would I? Athens already plays those teams, whether its a league game or not makes no difference to me.

I'm good either way. (except R.V. ... lol)
Last edited by 93Bulldog on Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”